Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login issues (08.28.12)

ZenonSethZenonSeth Member Posts: 128

I haven't been able to login for the past 2 hours or so. Twice I was able to get the game to launch, but pressing Play on a character just results in "Unable to reach the login server" message, and eventually kicks me out to the launcher.

I know this was an issue on pre-launch, but I thought that Anet was prepared for the number of people at launch.

No one else has posted threads about this, so I'm wondering - am I the only one having this issue?

Comments

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Just got in, but the game is doomed.  Launch day and nobody is around ;)
  • tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Gah, the screen just went black here too and now I can't log back in :p
  • ZenonSethZenonSeth Member Posts: 128
    Originally posted by grapevine
    Just got in, but the game is doomed.  Launch day and nobody is around ;)

That reminds me of the old joke: No one drives in New York anymore - there's too much traffic.

• Maki2Maki2 Member UncommonPosts: 43

I too can't log in.

Everything was fine, I just started today and I played for about 2 hours maybe, then came the new build and since that I've been getting error 42 when I try to log in. Expect one time when I got into the game but then, just like you, I got the error message when I clicked 'play'.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Maki2

I too can't log in.

Everything was fine, I just started today and I played for about 2 hours maybe, then came the new build and since that I've been getting error 42 when I try to log in. Expect one time when I got into the game but then, just like you, I got the error message when I clicked 'play'.

Me too.   They built a new build.  I logged on.   Then...    Pfft.

Per the GW2 Twitter ffed:

Guild Wars 2GuildWars2

We are aware of some conectivity issues within the EU region. Please bear with us while our team looks into the problem.

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by MosesZD

GW2 Twitter:

Guild Wars 2GuildWars2

We are aware of some conectivity issues within the EU region. Please bear with us while our team looks into the problem.

Maybe they just stole the server hardware since the muricans are waking up :)

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Error 42 is rapidly becoming the new Error 37

Any coders here that could set up a nice monitoring tool that sends me an SMS or email when the login servers come back up so I dont have to sit in front of my computer spamming the login button?

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Originally posted by MosesZD
    Originally posted by Maki2

I too can't log in.

GW2 Twitter:

Guild Wars 2GuildWars2

Well, at least they're working on it, that's all I can ask for I guess...

Originally posted by stragen001

Any coders here that could set up a nice monitoring tool that sends me an SMS or email when the login servers come back up so I dont have to sit in front of my computer spamming the login button?

The login servers aren't down - they're just overwhlemed with requests. So even if such a tool is made, if it gets through to the login server, there's no guarantee you will.

It's also counter-productive to have an automated tool like that, since spamming login requests is the equivalent of a DDoS attack - it will just slow down the servers even more.

• TwitchnTwitchn Member Posts: 33

after 3 hours still no log in:(

Anyone who has got in I have to ask has the market been running?

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378
    Originally posted by ZenonSeth
    Originally posted by stragen001

The login servers aren't down - they're just overwhlemed with requests. So even if such a tool is made, if it gets through to the login server, there's no guarantee you will.

It's also counter-productive to have an automated tool like that, since spamming login requests is the equivalent of a DDoS attack - it will just slow down the servers even more.

You don't know that.  either way now like Saturday  thy should have expected more requests and be ready.

boo ANet!

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364
    screen went black when I was typing and strafing at the same time. Now Im getting the error 42 of death.
  • VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Same here,have not been able to login for about 3-4 houres now.
  • bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685
  • Grimlock426Grimlock426 Member Posts: 159
    On the one hand I have to assume that it's extremely difficult to plan for how many people will try to play on launch day or so many top companies would have it figured it out.  On the other hand, Anet has known the excitement and hype for this game for a LONG time, so part of me does believe that they shouldn't get a pass for the log-in issues.    :/
  • CorvoCuoreCorvoCuore Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Same here, I take a break of 10min, and then... can't login :(
  • KawotaKawota Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Nilenya
    screen went black when I was typing and strafing at the same time. Now Im getting the error 42 of death.

How do you do that? Care to teach me? That would be helpful )

• trozyxxxtrozyxxx Member UncommonPosts: 249

got into character select about three times now but when i press play it says it cant find login server and after a couple of tries it kicks me out to desktop.

weird thing is a looked at the server select page and loads of them are full so people are playing.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

There have been other threads about this, no you are not the only one having log in issues. It seems to be a wide spread problem for EU/UK users.

According to the official twitter they have been "aware" of the issue for a few hours now.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

You Europeans need to change your voltage over to 110! :)

Hope it gets fixed soon for you!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Prolly the same issue as on Saturday morning with pre-launch. Now being evening in Europe, ppl come from school/work and can finally start to play. 100.000's are trying to logon and... *BOOM* logon server down.

And I hoped ANet would have learned from Saturday...

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

4:1019:0:0:101
    10:4:5:3748:101
    42:0:9001:3858:101
    42:4:11:154:101
    42:4:11:303:101
    42:5:13:210:101
    45:1000:7006:529:101

Common when servers are experiencing high volumes, causing connectivity issues.

Good news for Anet, bda news for excitided players xD

Damnit i just wanted to continue my story line and checking out The char zone as a Human :(
    They need to create overflow for an overflow with a backup server on backup servers for backup server for a double overflow server !! >oO<

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Reizla

Prolly the same issue as on Saturday morning with pre-launch. Now being evening in Europe, ppl come from school/work and can finally start to play. 100.000's are trying to logon and... *BOOM* logon server down.

And I hoped ANet would have learned from Saturday...

Not sure it can be attributed purely to numbers. The client went down for a new update earlier in the day. The log in server got "borked" straight after that update, well before 5-6pm UK peak time.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• NatarayaNataraya Member Posts: 78
    Originally posted by trozyxxx

got into character select about three times now but when i press play it says it cant find login server and after a couple of tries it kicks me out to desktop.

weird thing is a looked at the server select page and loads of them are full so people are playing.

list dont show actual ppl playing but players who made that server their homebase, hence can be full even if nobody plays atm... on the other hand its true that some ppl have been playing during the last 3 hours eventhou loggserver its burning.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in sever at this time.

this is really getting annoying... and the most annoying thing is that the "auction house" is down all the time.....

Such an awsome game....why the are failing so bad with server issues?