Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The reason I believe theres still room for performance optimisation

shenfreyshenfrey Member UncommonPosts: 114

Weather I play on high, or lowest settings there are still the same framerate dips. The game is overall smooth - on average - but they are definitly spots, frequent spots, where framerate dips do occur.

I am running on a 980x, 580 sli with 6GB Dom III ram and as stated wether I stick the settings on lowest or best apperance (which looks beautiful) the game performs the same. 

Performance improvements aren't essestial, its not game breaking as I said the game does run mostly smooth, I just feel there is room for some polish in the performance area if the developers choose to tackle it : ) 

Comments

• eAzydamaneAzydaman Member Posts: 218
    Originally posted by shenfrey

Weather I play on high, or lowest settings there are still the same framerate dips. The game is overall smooth - on average - but they are definitly spots, frequent spots, where framerate dips do occur.

I am running on a 980x, 580 sli with 6GB Dom III ram and as stated wether I stick the settings on lowest or best apperance (which looks beautiful) the game performs the same. 

Performance improvements aren't essestial, its not game breaking as I said the game does run mostly smooth, I just feel there is room for some polish in the performance area if the developers choose to tackle it : ) 

I agree, i get the same framerate on low and medium settings. 

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    You can tell there's room for improvement simply by GPU temps.  GW2 runs a lot hotter.
  • PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886
    I agreee, Im still fighting with 15-25 FPS with almost any setting I choose with a rig that should run the game smooth as a butter and Im really getting desperate :/

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Definitivly. The old DX9 gfx in this game should run at 100+ fps on my gtx 670. I'm currently running the 306 NVIDIA driver but I'm still running at 30-40 fps with severe dips when something happens. I find it very odd that they have not put more effort into the optimization.