Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bag space issues

AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Being a diligent crafter. I'm having bag space issues. Managed to craft myself 8 slot bags.

How ever. The biggest issue I'm having is with the bank. It is shared between multiple characters (great!), but the size of it is a joke! Running out of space. What exactly are we suppose to do about it?

Comments

• ululaulula Member UncommonPosts: 33
    30 slot for 600 gems
  • DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189

Do you put your collectible in it own tab, or have you fill it in normal bank slots?

The account vault has a maximum capacity of 250 for each listed crafting material. Many materials can be right clicked, to select "Deposit Collectible" wherever you are in the world. It is also possible to "Deposit All Collectibles", by clicking the Options button (gear icon) in the inventory panel. The material(s) will be moved from your inventory to the material storage in the Bank.

More info here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account_vault

• keirionkeirion Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Crafting shouldn't cause any issues for bag space or shared storage as that should all go into item slots specifically laid away for it in the collections section.
  • IntrinsicIntrinsic Member UncommonPosts: 60

Alts = Vaults ;p

But yeah it's a problem currently. If the bank expansions were much cheaper, like half the price i'd actually buy some but as it stands it's way over priced. It's around £6 each for me i won't buy any. But if they were £3 each i'd buy 2, so i think they are actually loosing out on extra cash with the way the prices are so high for basic stuff.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

Being a diligent crafter. I'm having bag space issues. Managed to craft myself 8 slot bags.

How ever. The biggest issue I'm having is with the bank. It is shared between multiple characters (great!), but the size of it is a joke! Running out of space. What exactly are we suppose to do about it?

Welcome to the world of f2p, where somethings are designed to force cash shop usage.  One doesn't pay a sub, but the company still needs a cash flow.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Divona
    Do you put your collectible in it own tab, or have you fill it in normal bank slots?The account vault has a maximum capacity of 250 for each listed crafting material. Many materials can be right clicked, to select "Deposit Collectible" wherever you are in the world. It is also possible to "Deposit All Collectibles", by clicking the Options button (gear icon) in the inventory panel. The material(s) will be moved from your inventory to the material storage in the Bank.

More info here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account_vault

That helps ALOT! Didn't realize it was there. Thanks for that. :)

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Once I get inventory management figured out it seems I barely need an extra 8 slot bag. Make sure to keep salvage kits and always manage your inventory between battles, don't wait till theres no space because you need space to crush stuff down into mats. Constantly deposit collectibles and don't half craft items you will end up with say jute chest padding that cant be stored in crafting mats and has to than take up a slot whether in your bank or bag.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I've asked in guild to craft me a couple of those 8-slot bags. The bank is no problem (yet), because all my mats are stored in the mat collections spaces (nifty thing TBH).

I do hope though that the trading post will be up soon. I already have about 10 items in my bank to sell...

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Reizla

I've asked in guild to craft me a couple of those 8-slot bags. The bank is no problem (yet), because all my mats are stored in the mat collections spaces (nifty thing TBH).

I do hope though that the trading post will be up soon. I already have about 10 items in my bank to sell...

Don't have people make your bags. You will miss out on the crafting xp and regular xp. If you don't get your crafting up you will need people to make your 10 slot bags as well and so on. I find the easiest is collect copper ore and make boxes at the armorsmith.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by DaezAster
    Originally posted by Reizla

Don't have people make your bags. You will miss out on the crafting xp and regular xp. If you don't get your crafting up you will need people to make your 10 slot bags as well and so on. I find the easiest is collect copper ore and make boxes at the armorsmith.

I have to... My main char (and only I play for now) is Chef/Artificer and that's not a bag-maker.

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Teh_Axi
    Get out your moms wallet.

Not everyone who plays games these days is a child. The average age is about 35, so you will probably find most of the "kids" you think your talking to are alot older than you.

You will also find very few adults saying "get out your moms wallet".

Most of them havent had to ask their parents for money since they got married, had kids and bought a house - so rarely think of things like this. They are more likely to throw out insults like "yeah, get a second mortgage!" or maybe the classic "Get another job loser!". If they want to be really insulting they might even add "Sell one of the kids".

Sorry, off topic. Yeah, click on "Move to Collection" on the top right cog of your inventory, saves lots of time.

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by ulula
    30 slot for 600 gems

Bingo. image

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by Calerxes
    30 slot for 600 gems

Bingo. image

Except you totally missed the part where the OP didn't realize there was basically a whole part of your bank dedicated to stacks of up to 250 of a crafting material.

For a game that charges for bank slots, they make them surprisingly not that necessary.

Other people solved his problem by being helpful and pointing to game features.

Your cynicism was not helpful.

Optimists win! :D

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by Kniknax
    Originally posted by Teh_Axi
    Get out your moms wallet.

Not everyone who plays games these days is a child. The average age is about 35, so you will probably find most of the "kids" you think your talking to are alot older than you.

You will also find very few adults saying "get out your moms wallet".

Most of them havent had to ask their parents for money since they got married, had kids and bought a house - so rarely think of things like this. They are more likely to throw out insults like "yeah, get a second mortgage!" or maybe the classic "Get another job loser!". If they want to be really insulting they might even add "Sell one of the kids".

Sorry, off topic. Yeah, click on "Move to Collection" on the top right cog of your inventory, saves lots of time.

Damn I was expecting maybe a "LoLz" or "Yeah GW2 is P2Win!!1" but you've really made my day.

Sell ones of the kids is good though, I'll use that next time.

• FreyasFreyas Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by grapevine

Welcome to the world of f2p, where somethings are designed to force cash shop usage.  One doesn't pay a sub, but the company still needs a cash flow.

Incidentally, if you use the collections, GW2 has significantly less inventory frustration than other MMO's that don't sell storage in a cash shop.  Wow has next to nothing in inventory space at low levels unless you get twinked bags.  SWTOR gave you crap for inventory space and charged an arm and a leg to expand it.  The amount of storage I had by level 20 in GW2 was more than I had at 50 in SWTOR.  In addition to all the inventory space, you can deposit all your crafting materials into your bank from anywhere in the world, and you can use salvage kits to break down unwanted stuff into crafting mats to make more room.  With all the heart NPC's turning into vendors, GW2 has significantly easier access to merchants to sell stuff than other MMO's as well.

Sure, you can use the cash shop to buy extra storage space both as additional bag slots as well as bank slots, but the game is not designed to pressure you into purchasing it- GW2's inventory system is undoubtably more friendly than most subscription MMO's.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Had the same issue, but ive resolved it now that im going to buy more bank space.

/insert throwing money at the screen joke

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

collectables have their own tab in the bank, use that ;)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• MacecardMacecard Member UncommonPosts: 142

I had this problem in the first BWE but then I found out about collectables.

Not having a problem with my bag space at hte moment. Used maybe 5 of my bank slots and sent some stuff to my bank alt.

If the auction house was up im sure there would be a nice supply of 8 and 12 slot bags up on there.

Anyone who isn't a hoarder should be alright with the bag and bank space provided.

If you continue to make sweeping statements like you know what everyone everywhere thinks about a certain topic then I am going to shout at you.
    It easy to type 'I think this is the worst game ever'
    Rather than the 'This is the worst game ever'

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by grapevine

Unless the player is hoarding weapons and gear parts, personal bank is quite sufficient. Collectibles or "mats" have their dedicated slots in the "Collectibles" tab in the bank. You don't even have to find a bank to deposit the mats you happen to pick up. A simple right click on an item can send them to the collectibles. If one has lots of mats to send at once there's a nifty little gear icon in the inventory screen that allows all the mats be sent to the collectibles.

Not saying I disagree with your opinion of F2P games, but it doesn't apply in this situation.

• GalthonGalthon Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Even better then that, if you click on the gear icon in your inventory, you can just "Deposit Collectibles" and it will send everything to the bank that fits in one of those slots.
  • lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Like others pointed out, there's a special vault for crafting materials so they don't take up your normal inventory space. Only if you hoard other items like crafted components, weapons, armour and whatnot you'll run into storage space issues in my experience. The max size of crafted bags is 20 so you can have a lot of bagspace across the 5 characters should you run out of shared bank space.

Worth considering in the long run is to buy a second copy of the game instead of aditional character slots or storage space from the gemstore (if you're the hoarder / collector type of person), that will give you a lot more storage for less money especially when the boxprice of the game starts to drop after some time or there's a promotional offer for it; and arguably has other benefits as well (use 2nd account to craft while you play on main account etc.).

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

One of my only purchases was full bank slots in GW2 and honestly, there's so many, I just... Wow.

I'm glad others have helped you sort the issues.  I think that is one downside to gW2 is that... Even when they did stuff right (like sent components to the bank from anywhere or bank access at crafting stations) they didn't do a great job teaching folks about the nifty utilities.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Now you understand where Arena Net hopes to earn money

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I can definitely relate (especially if you chose cooking). There are some crafting professions that have ingredients that won't go into the collections tab.

Even still, the bank storage IS a bit absurd. It's less than half of what was given in GW1. As a temporary solution you can make your own mule guild, for the guild storage. It definitely helps, but I do hope they add at least 1 extra bank tab to the game before you need to start paying to increase it.

With the limited storage, crafting matts that aren't part of collections, and the trading post still being down, storage is most definitely an issue atm.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Calerxes
    30 slot for 600 gems

Bingo. image

I wonder, is that 600 gems for 30 slots PER character or game-wide?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert