Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something *has* to be done about WvW queues!!

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Something *has* to be done about WvW queues!!

the Queue is long to get into WvW. And with launch coming today, there will be even more people queueing into WvW which will make it even harder to get in.

WvW is the only form of PvP that interest me in GW2. SPvP is boring and dull compared to instanced PvP found in other MMO. So I avoid it.

WvW is where the fun PvP is at. Problem is, people on high servers cant get into it to have fun.

Anet need to figure out a solution to this issue, and hopefully soon.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

The only solution would be to add more wvwvw zones as they are limited to the amount of people they can have in each zone..

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    I agree, i think they should add at least 2 more zones to the WvW map this would let more people play it, and hopefully spread out the zergs a bit to.
  • Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    The problem is nothing can be done other than raising the caps. If they raised the caps any higher though, I suspect it would cause most peoples computers to explode.
  • grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Originally posted by Caldrin

The only solution would be to add more wvwvw zones as they are limited to the amount of people they can have in each zone..

That would defeat the whole purpose of the WvWvW design.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    well there are already like 3 seperate ones why not more ?
  • grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    well there are already like 3 seperate ones why not more ?

Because WvWvW is league table based, measured on the performance of those servers in a persistent zone for the period of the contest.  Once the contest is over the winning server moves up the table, and which server fights which is recalculated.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

They already said prior to launch that the amount of servers at release will be increased if needed to match the population.

Same amount of people stretched out over more servers -> fewer people per server -> less queue time.

... currently there are more pressing problems, though.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119
    No there aren't. Wvw queues are the only thing bugging me about the game
  • Tawn47Tawn47 Member Posts: 512
    Originally posted by sonoggi
    No there aren't. Wvw queues are the only thing bugging me about the game

Obviously you must be a very important person. :)

Just because other issues aren't affecting you, doesn't mean they aren't important.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Are you getting a queue for every zones of WvW?  I almost always get a EB queue, but can usually find one of the zones with a low or no queue to get into while I'm waiting for EB to open up.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by sonoggi
    WvW queues are the only thing bugging me about the game

Same here.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380
    How about moving to a lower pop server?
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Imo, your "normal" character should have been avaiable too, in sPvP, instad of "another" character.

I know I know, gear balancing right? Well they could do so no matter what gear youre wearing you have the exact same stats in the Mists.

The reason I dont want to sPvP is because of the lack of progress.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Imo, your "normal" character should have been avaiable too, in sPvP, instad of "another" character.

I know I know, gear balancing right? Well they could do so no matter what gear youre wearing you have the exact same stats in the Mists.

The reason I dont want to sPvP is because of the lack of progress.

You do play your character in sPvP only it's boosted to level 80. I think the main reason for this is that ANet wanted to eliminate twinks that ruined lowlevel PvP in so many other games.

If you want to learn skills gradually in a more relaxed way but still in PvP sutiations, you might want to do try WvW.

And of course there is progress in sPvP. You gain ranks and can participare in tournaments.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360

Oddly, my server has had no queues for WvW.  In fact, we've had too few people in WvW so we get rolled constantly byt the other servers.  I am actually hoping we get an influx of players today that will help us actually compete.

Queues will subside over time as the initial rush and excitement over the game tapers off.  That doesn't make the people trapped in queues feel any better about it right now, but it is what it is.

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381

If you dont want to wait for the dust to settle there are still two other options:

1. Use your free transfer to a lower populated server
    2. Que a borderlands zone, not Eternal.
    I play on Gate of Madness which is very high pop and I still can get into WvW.. but I que border zones when Eternal is packed.
  • ChingoChingo Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by Teh_Axi
    How about moving to a lower pop server?

My guild started on Desolation where the situation was terrible with overflows and queues. Now we are on a lower pop server with much fewer problems with queues. I liked this move, not everyone did obviously.

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

I can handle the waiting.

It was the "disconnect" last night I kept getting when I would finally get in. Hit the button to join wvw after waiting forever, then BAM disconnect. Then have to start all over again. Which is a pita on a large pop server.

Anyone else getting those disconnects last night?

And no it was not from all the server restarts.

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Move your character to a sever with a medium or low population then. You will help them to have qual chances in WvW AND have shorter queues.
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Adding more servers (easiest and is going to happen aways)

Adding a second copy of WvW (complicated but do able)

Basically, once a zone becomes full, another copy of WvW is opened were the number if people any one team can have is only 1.5x the number of the lowest populated server. This additional soft cap would only kick in after a minimum of 30 is reached meaning if one zone only has 1 person another zone can still have 30. Point adjustment would have to be made though.

Adding more zones to WvW (tricky, would require map design changes)

Increasing WvW hard cap (potential lag fest)

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

I think they were a bit too humble with their number of starting servers. This is worse than BWE3 when they had even fewer. Frankly, I had a shit-load more fun when it was a ton of servers with only a handful of one whichs were High. But World vs World was always available.

I fear they will add more servers after the "Free Transfer" period is up, which will be complete BS if you ask me. Currently there is no point to Transfer, ALL the servers are High or Full.

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    Is it one instance per server? If it is the problem, just create more instances, it will solve this problem.
  • NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    You know when W vW works there is nothing like it, i could stay in there all day long. I reached level 20 doing nothing but PVP and i have no intention to PVE. However, the queue time is really killing the fun right now.

Bite Me

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Don't queue for the eternal one.. that one lasts forever.
  • NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by Angier2758
    Don't queue for the eternal one.. that one lasts forever.

Thanks for the tip. I have been in queue for 30 minutes already. ;(

Bite Me