Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So any ETA on Trade Post?

IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266

Greetings.

Subj. Anyone got any information on when it might come online?

Comments

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    It just depends on how quick they finish the Burger Barn up the road from the studio so the code monkeys can think about C+, Python, and all that rather than you know.... cheeseburgers!
  • Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

I'm starting to think this was a choice by Arenanet. They didn't want a large chunk of people to be level 80 already, so they took down the trading post.

This prevents people from buying a bunch of mats and a crafting boost and powering straight to 80.

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266
    Oh well at least now the "its not launch its early access" argument is no longer valid... still waiting!
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

Game's restarting right now, new build!

Maybe the trading post will be up.

Also, the guild display bug appears to be finally fixed!   I can see my guild now.

Tading Post is still "Down for Maintenance".
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Looking forward to pay 1 gold for 1 Vial of Weak Blood.
  • EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Last news I know about the Trading Post is a GW2 Facebook page post around 48 hours ago with no ETA.

With the way crafting currently is, you could effectively buy your way to 80 by selling gems for gold and using the gold to purchase the materials. Since the Trading Post is worldwide (or at least continental) the environment would be perfect for this, prices fully optimized.

I do think it's more how they terribly underestimated the traffic on the system, especially since you can buy/sell items from anywhere.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Yea I really believe it's the traffic that killed it. It's worldwide, has ton of functionality like whenever you open it it checked priced for all your items in inventory. I hope they will fix it soon or maybe they are adding servers just for it.
  • KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    Looking forward to pay 1 gold for 1 Vial of Weak Blood.

lol true, Weak blood - the new oil!

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    I think they got the same problems as Funcom did with the world wide trade post in TSW. They underestimated the massive crowd and traffic in the system. Hopefully it should work in a few days.

Hodor!

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211
    Is there still no word on this? Or is it due up at a certain time? and if so when?
  • SheezwackSheezwack Member Posts: 61
    It's pretty annoying, I want to do more crafting but with limited bank space I want to start selling stuff as well!

I think it's a huge issue. It basically shoots the economy to hell. It's ironic that they got an economist to do a write up on the game and then release an article just days before release. Only to have that economy fall flat on it's face for launch. 

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

the worst part is  im statting to fill up so much with things i cant throw away  or i would be an idiot. my bank is full and my character is full.....

trading post save me

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Atlan99

I'm starting to think this was a choice by Arenanet. They didn't want a large chunk of people to be level 80 already, so they took down the trading post.

This prevents people from buying a bunch of mats and a crafting boost and powering straight to 80.

The Trading post kept crashing, like every couple couple of minutes. That's why they took it down.

As for when it will be back up? I have absolutely no idea, but that time cannot come soon enough. I even made a guild just for the storage space!

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I think it's a huge issue. It basically shoots the economy to hell. It's ironic that they got an economist to do a write up on the game and then release an article just days before release. Only to have that economy fall flat on it's face for launch. 

I agree it's a pretty big issue.

However, it's not having a negative effect on the economy yet. If anything, it's giving the economy a chance to stabilize, before trades go nuts. In beta the economy was waay out of wack for a while. Lots of people flooded it w/ certain items and drove the prices way up.

Originally posted by aesperus

However, it's not having a negative effect on the economy yet. If anything, it's giving the economy a chance to stabilize, before trades go nuts. In beta the economy was waay out of wack for a while. Lots of people flooded it w/ certain items and drove the prices way up.

Now that's some serious doublethink. You don't happen to have a career in Politics, do you?

• jblahjblah Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by aesperus

So closing down the Trade Post allows for the economy to stablize? People will just horde things and then when it starts to work it will be flooded with various items making things  worthless or close to it. Something that is rare always has much more value.

Playing- Guild Wars 2, SWTOR
    SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

• KetillKetill Member Posts: 19
    Yeah, seriously. I've been hoarding since lvl 1. Once the trading post goes up all my stuff does too (unless it's so devalued that vendoring is the better option). I'm going to bet there are a lot of other people doing the same thing. The economy is going to be completely messed up initially after the trading post comes up.
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    They should have it fully operational by the time the first expansion, entitled "Rise of the Crafters," hits.  
    I think they should make people buy access to the trading post in the cash shop.

SWTOR Referral Link Get a free Server Transfer and lots of other free stuff for your SWTOR account! Works for both new and previous players.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Their forums are still down too.  It's starting to annoy me this isn't fixed yet.
    Originally posted by observer
    Their forums are still down too.  It's starting to annoy me this isn't fixed yet.

Maybe they should have used the same servers that Facebook and Twitter did for their forums. It does seem odd that with possible account compromises, the trade post being down for days, various account issues that the one place people can go for help or to voice their opinion is down. Instead Facebook and Twitter is being used. Is this a AAA MMO or not?

Funcom did this during the initial launch of AoC and it worries me seeing this type of behavior again. Then again I guess they have our money already and no need to worry about people unsubscribing so........

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

It's not like people did tell them, anyway. I doubt it's because of technical issues.
    People already got a few golds farmed up while the GEM price still racets in the copper.

If the Trade post wouldn't have been down, we all would swim in hundrets of gold, and given that the GEM Trade is down too now, this would have meant we all would have 5000+ GEMs for our "tiny" Gold amounts, in our pockets by today.

How do you unlock your storage space TODAY? Exactly, only by BUYING GEMS for real money.
    If the trading post and the gem trade wouldn't have been down, no one would buy gems for those unlocks.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Trading post was up for a short while, but is back down again, they are working on it now, in the short time it was up I stuck all my stuff on :(