Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Huuu wuut this games rateing is total BS

PalladinPalladin Atlanta, GAPosts: 426Member
How can this game have this muchhype when there isn't even a scrap of info on it in English I think this games rating is total BS.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
8 gig Ram
Radeon 4870

Comments

  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Minneapolis, MNPosts: 532Member

    Oh I don't know, maybe if you were to pull your head out of the ground and open your eyes for a second or 2 you would find resources like;

     

    http://archeagesource.com/

    [mod edit]

    YouTube users like

    http://www.youtube.com/user/AmaterasuOkamiYami?feature=g-user-u

    Yogscast

     

    I am sure I can find more if these aren't enough

     

  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Nowhere, TXPosts: 1,348Member Uncommon
    I have been hearing rumbling about this big sandbox mmo from korea for a while now. I think the fact that so many know about it even though everything is still in korean says a lot about just how much people are looking forward to it.

    All die, so die well.

  • AmanaAmana New York, NYPosts: 2,552Moderator Uncommon
    Please don't link to leak sites on here. Removed links.

    To give feedback on moderation, contact community@mmorpg.com

  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Minneapolis, MNPosts: 532Member
    Originally posted by Amana
    Please don't link to leak sites on here. Removed links.

    Opps, since AA has no NDA I never even considered the status of the other games on those sites.

  • adderVXIadderVXI st cloud, MNPosts: 639Member Uncommon
    The hype is obviously to high.  Please admin, lower the hype rating to an acceptable level for the OP.

    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

    George Washington

  • ScypherothScypheroth P.A, SKPosts: 264Member
    Originally posted by adderVXI
    The hype is obviously to high.  Please admin, lower the hype rating to an acceptable level for the OP.

    i say the same thing about GW2....not even looking at that game or pickign it up along with a few other of my friends....

  • ShimpoGenmuShimpoGenmu brusselsPosts: 66Member
    Originally posted by adderVXI
    The hype is obviously to high.  Please admin, lower the hype rating to an acceptable level for the OP.

    whats the matter sis u mad your game isnt at the top 10  or something ?

     

    the game deserve the place,i played CBT so i know how awesome it is.

  • ArcheAgeFanArcheAgeFan new york, NYPosts: 46Member
    This is the best sandbox since Ultima online it will be as successful as eve online or on par with eve subscribers .
  • SukiyakiSukiyaki GreenwichPosts: 1,398Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ShimpoGenmu
    Originally posted by adderVXI
    The hype is obviously to high.  Please admin, lower the hype rating to an acceptable level for the OP.

    whats the matter sis u mad your game isnt at the top 10  or something ?

     

    the game deserve the place,i played CBT so i know how awesome it is.

    Irony. Ever heard of that?

  • NaughtyPNaughtyP Edmonton, ABPosts: 793Member

    Don't worry OP. If you can't even be bothered to Google the game, chances are it isn't for you. Far too much effort would be involved. You would need to do things like:

    • Create an account (tedious!)
    • Log in (absurd! this is 2012!)
    • Play in an open world (I'm lost and don't know how to use a compass...)
    • Build things (but I don't like Minecraft!)
    • Sail the high seas (I got seasick once when I was 12)
    It's just way too much work. You should be happy!

    Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

  • redman875redman875 illinois, ILPosts: 230Member

    The OP's adolecent post aside.  I do see a lot of BS revolving around this game being a sandbox.  This game isnt a sandbox. None of the developer interviews say this is a sandbox.

    I agree there are some sandbox elements, that are placed inside a themepark world (new trend and imo big step in the right direction, TSW did this as well at least related to classes/skills)

    I am interested in this game for one reason only: guild vs guild pvp and seige mechanics.  This is a fantastic compliment to an extensive building mechanic.

    I do agree that there is very little information out there, other than those interviews, some footage shots, a duch guy playing who i cant understand (dont speak it) and some other non-english videos.

     

    Someone really needs to spend the time and do a decent english promo of the game.  Describe the quest and storyline system (which imo disqualifies it from a sandbox tag). Describe pvp...does this game go the sandbox element route of full loot or painfull death?  Or will i get a free port to wherever im bound with no loss/risk?

    How do the seiges work, other than being instanced?

     

    Im not one to get hyped about any game that i havent played nor has anyone else who i can communicate with for any extended time in game.

     

    Oh and if im off base with this let me know, i just remember this game being all the rage within the sandbox community a while ago...at least untill everyone found out it wasnt a sandbox...not sure if people here realize it yet though this site seems to be completely hype driven.

  • eye_meye_m Notta Chance, ABPosts: 3,133Member Uncommon
    does this game have OWPvP? You know, the kind of PvP so many  "sandboxers" complain about? I sure hope so, because it would be nice for them to have a game to go to. 

    All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

    I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

    I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Minneapolis, MNPosts: 532Member
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    does this game have OWPvP? You know, the kind of PvP so many  "sandboxers" complain about? I sure hope so, because it would be nice for them to have a game to go to. 

    While there are some safe zones, like major cities, any player 20+ can flag for PvP and kill friendly same faction players on the southern continents. Crime points would be earned with their possible penalties. Cross faction PvP is always acceptable.

    On the northern continent no flagging is required.

    Too many crime points earned and the player becomes a 'Pirate' KoS to both factions and can only deal with pirate npc's until or even if they repair their standings. A Pirate that dies will respawn in Jail if I read the patch notes correctly.

  • coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon

    It has already been reported, yet it is still unlocked and open for "discussion". Does it mean that this is an acceptable thread?

    "Huuu wuuut...."

    Waiting for L2 EU Classic

  • DominisiDominisi Age of Conan Correspondent Show Low, AZPosts: 95Member
    I'm sorry, I'm having the hardest time getting past the OP's incredibly bad spelling of words in his system specs. Phenum? Deul? What the fuck.

    image

  • DominisiDominisi Age of Conan Correspondent Show Low, AZPosts: 95Member
    Originally posted by redman875

    The OP's adolecent post aside.  I do see a lot of BS revolving around this game being a sandbox.  This game isnt a sandbox. None of the developer interviews say this is a sandbox.

    I agree there are some sandbox elements, that are placed inside a themepark world (new trend and imo big step in the right direction, TSW did this as well at least related to classes/skills)

    I am interested in this game for one reason only: guild vs guild pvp and seige mechanics.  This is a fantastic compliment to an extensive building mechanic.

    I do agree that there is very little information out there, other than those interviews, some footage shots, a duch guy playing who i cant understand (dont speak it) and some other non-english videos.

     

    Someone really needs to spend the time and do a decent english promo of the game.  Describe the quest and storyline system (which imo disqualifies it from a sandbox tag). Describe pvp...does this game go the sandbox element route of full loot or painfull death?  Or will i get a free port to wherever im bound with no loss/risk?

    How do the seiges work, other than being instanced?

     

    Im not one to get hyped about any game that i havent played nor has anyone else who i can communicate with for any extended time in game.

     

    Oh and if im off base with this let me know, i just remember this game being all the rage within the sandbox community a while ago...at least untill everyone found out it wasnt a sandbox...not sure if people here realize it yet though this site seems to be completely hype driven.

     

    Ok , just because a game has themepark elements doesn't make it "not" a sandbox. Point in case, GTA is concidered a sandbox, are you saying because it has missions it is not a sandbox? Skyrim is concidered a sandbox, again, story lines = no sandbox?

    Certain things qualify a game as "sandbox", the biggest of these pillars is player driven content. Building a house separate from NPC cities is a sandbox element, open world PvP in all of its forms is a sandbox element, deep and complex crafting coupled with a 100% player driven economy is sandbox.

    A even better illustration of this is Star Wars Galaxies. It had story lines, it had missions, it had mission lines in the game that were even called "themeparks" but it is concidered to be one of the only true sandbox mmos of our time.

    image

  • wizyywizyy Novi SadPosts: 629Member
    Huuu wuut this thread needs to be locked
Sign In or Register to comment.