Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

SWG Players, Where are they now?

Comments

• hyllstarterhyllstarter ukiah, CAPosts: 203Member
    Waiting for the Repopulation.

• FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,565Member Uncommon

Waiting for The Repopulation

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Calgary, ABPosts: 2,156Member

City of Heroes once in a while.

• palulalulapalulalula vukovarPosts: 655Member
    How big was SWG comunity on the end?  300, 400 maybe lol. I don't think that  game developers want to please such small comunity
  • SandboxSandbox SwedenPosts: 295Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by palulalula
    How big was SWG comunity on the end?  300, 400 maybe lol. I don't think that  game developers want to please such small comunity

We know, the developers throw away a couple of hundred thousands early on, in an attempt to get the wow numbers.

• grapevinegrapevine PeterboroughPosts: 1,927Member
    Originally posted by palulalula

Less than 50k.  Peaked at 300k PreCU, dropped but then recovered with the CU, then nose dived with the NGE.

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-2.png

• IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member

I don't know, last time I looked they were still making daily mutterings about swtor.

How do you track the next destination of x hundred thousand players after they depart a game?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• hipiaphipiap Chicago, ILPosts: 439Member
    Originally posted by barrk

LAWLGAT is run by biased Admin that are more oppressive than SOE mods ever were.

Stottlemeyer once said everyone was welcome....but then started banning people because others didn't like (like Lemmie).

The Other GAT forum is more openminded.. (http://www.generalanytopic.com/forum/)

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• barrkbarrk spring, TXPosts: 24Member

oh jml don't be angry

Lemmie was banned long ago for posting racist posts that would have made the site get taken down

QQMOAR

• hipiaphipiap Chicago, ILPosts: 439Member

oh jml don't be angry

Lemmie was banned long ago for posting racist posts that would have made the site get taken down

Not angry B.....just semi-ammused that I was invited to join by Stottle...then banned by stottle...then IP banned by Stottle...and even if Lemmie is gone....Stottle still wants his precious JML Free.

So be it.

I'm busy with my Masters right now and trying to fix my Department...not really worried about post counts and trolling anymore now that SOE forums are gone.

But I do miss the people.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYPosts: 911Member Uncommon

I went back to UO. Not much around that is like SWG. UO is pretty much the closest...and funny enough, has more people playing it than SWTOR LOL. And its an ancient MMO. In fact, its better than most stuff currently out there.

• KalstarkKalstark fishkill, NYPosts: 63Member
    they just sit on the forums all day complaining how theme park mmo's are all ganna fail and sand box is where its at

• UnshraUnshra Hanover, MDPosts: 382Member
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

So SWG vets, where are you now?

The only place I belong, ArcheAge Beta! ^_^

Outside of that, I'm all over the place but MMO's like Fallen Earth and Vaguard: Saga of Heroes bring back some of the joy I had in Star Wars Galaxies.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• TerranahTerranah Stockton, CAPosts: 3,605Member

I've been all over the place in terms of gaming.  I do look for a game with Precu SWG features, but it was a different time and I've moved on.  I'd love to give a legit version of Precu SWG a go if it ever happened, but honestly, there's been a lot of water under the bridge now.  I find my interests migrating toward drawing, painting, sculpting, and writing.  

I still play games, especially when there is one that is well done and I can get it on the cheap.  But I'm only half there.  My mind tends to drift lately to real world concerns.  

I've also started day dreaming again, playing out my own little stories in my head.  My imagination is the ultimate sandbox.

Originally posted by hipiap

oh jml don't be angry

Not angry B.....just semi-ammused that I was invited to join by Stottle...then banned by stottle...then IP banned by Stottle...and even if Lemmie is gone....Stottle still wants his precious JML Free.

So be it.

I'm busy with my Masters right now and trying to fix my Department...not really worried about post counts and trolling anymore now that SOE forums are gone.

But I do miss the people.

Then why did you rage quit PSWG forums?

QQMOAR

• purewitzpurewitz Casselberry, FLPosts: 487Member
    I'm getting my Star Wars fix in The Old Republic. I know its  no SWG, but there isn't going to be one. Unless LucasArts makes a SWG 2. So I'm happy with TOR for now, until hopefully SWG 2 comes along or at least a Galactic Civil War MMO comes along.

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• Sora2810Sora2810 New Columbia, PAPosts: 567Member

Waiting for The Repopulation, playing DayZ a lot, dabbled in EvE for a few months, TSW lifetime. Not much is really holding me as SWG did. 

Aside from that, I looked onto the horizon at the hope of a brand new day. A day where developers break free of the publishers chains and inspire to create a world without limits, and linear kill-quests without rhyme or reason.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• YansheeYanshee Panama City Beach, FLPosts: 55Member
    Originally posted by warmaster670

sitting in their basements crying over a gimp game trhats never coming back.

Heh... even 'gimp'' it was better than any and all the turds currently floating around in the mmo toilet bowl at current.

• ignore_meignore_me Apple Valley, CAPosts: 1,987Member
    Originally posted by Kalstark
    they just sit on the forums all day complaining how theme park mmo's are all ganna fail and sand box is where its at

Luckily there are casual railriders present to provide a contrasting, if vapid, viewpoint.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• Buffy_bitesBuffy_bites ClevedonPosts: 7Member

Playing EQ2 and other SOE games, but that will be short lived when they pack us off to ProSieben.

Possibly the 2nd MMO failure of 2012, after SWTOR

Originally posted by Buffy_bites

Playing EQ2 and other SOE games, but that will be short lived when they pack us off to ProSieben.

Possibly the 2nd MMO failure of 2012, after SWTOR

You are the biggest failure even teh PSWG forums people make fun of you

QQMOAR

• MrTugglesMrTuggles bolivar, OHPosts: 74Member

If you are looking for an open world, player driven sandbox you should look up Salem Online.

One of the best MMO's I have played since vanilla Ultima. 

• ArezonArezon Posts: 278Member Uncommon

Currently playing GW2. SWTOR was a letdown

• PsythosPsythos Muncie, INPosts: 123Member

SWG was my first mmorpg. I've been bouncing around from game to game since the day nge went live. I'm basically at my give up point. This genre just isn't the same and I don't see it ever changing back.

SWG had 3d items you could place anywhere in your ship or house. All other mmo's (that i have played) have items that are basically an icon in your bag...

It is beyond me why people on random forums say player housing is stupid... I mostly pvp'ed but it was nice having our own guild cities and spaceports and FACTION BASES to fight over. Sure was nice having to pay attention to what towns you were passing through...Why do people even want instanced housing, fkng pointless ..

I played a jedi and a bh. No pvp in any game I have played since swg has tickled me so much as being hunted and hunting real players.

I thought by now we'd have some seriously bad ass virtual world mmo's to get lost in. I was dead wrong.

It's like we went from a 3d world to top down view and then they just said fk it made it side scrolling.

So here I am reading forums instead of playing a good mmorpg

I have games on my phone that have more shit to do in them than these newer mmo's....

We can laugh about it now though right? lol , Na, still pissed.

edit: I'm currently eyeballing Archeage and Planetside 2.

• NilaNila Portland, ORPosts: 1Member

Hello,

This is old Nila SWG Kittermore War Vet of 2006.  I began with Pong and ended up homeless after NGE.  The first poster is right there is no MMO out there worth getting emotionally attached and vested with time.  It is not even dungeon crawling it is just go get quest and return; basically ping pong single hand.  Bend over no lube.

Until the MMOs figure out how to let Veterans group with lower levels without robbing experience the guild has no purpose anymore.  It was fun gathering the little chicks and heading out to womp big uglies.  Now, you have to be very close same level which separates the guild members and creates little drama groups.

The tools for RPing is just missing.  The economy and mats for crafting is just a downward trend of hopeless grind.

SWG before NGE was RP at its best.  Then the brilliant software minds thought to make it useless and the vets left and so did the fun.  Yes, some RP real life and some RP characters and I am okay with that as real life can be a bit on the annoying side at times.  Just be upfront.

The days of flight combat is long gone.  I remember doing patrols, having skype as a tool for guild communication in space, the dive bomb routine, and just plain blaster action in space and on the ground.  The ground pounding to secure a base. Giggles I think I wore out a few boots.

The minds cannot even make smuggling fun.  Why not make quests to find objects, plan extraction, etc...we did that in RP groups.  But not no more we creative minds were ripped apart with NGE and left.  Now the young get bored and leave rather quickly as they have the ping pong quest routine down no matter the game.  They all the same. Boring!!!

That is okay I found some old D and D buds and we get together everyonce in awhile for some real RP gaming.  SWG had it and lost it. Sad.

I have not been in SWG for like years now.  Could not even remember my username and password.  Good thing I still had my email address.

Well, I would say I have tears but I have long gotten over it.  Do  I miss the SWG action, you bet!!!

Be well all and be safe.

HUGGLES>>>

Nila
    MMO Veteran