Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst PVP I've seen in a while

Comments

• Thornz2000Thornz2000 Member Posts: 135
    Originally posted by KingGator
    I gave in and figured all the fan boys had to be on to something, so I pre purchased. I played  off and on over the weekend and some again tonight. This game is terribad. I cannot get into it at all, i felt like I was just running around with random un grouped players, using zero strategy zerging random encounter mobs. The classes all feel like they play so similar as to be ridiculous. I may be judging way to early, but the good games I've played, the ones I've went OCD over grabbed me right up front, hell even swtor grabbed me up front with my first toon, well at least until i got to 50. This game has been the definition of Meh for me to this point. 

Kan I haz your stuff?

The world we know is going away http://www.graystatemovie.com/
    Look up Agenda 21 as well.

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

I've seen a lot worse PvP, and recently too. Like a sci-fi game...most horrible PvP I've ever seen.

GW2 PvP is all about the warzones...like in DAOC

GW2 tries to be like DAOC, but in reality it s not even close. I played DAOC from release to recent, so i would think I would know. In DAOC, with a group of good players you could fight off many times your numbers, in GW2 no chance. It was a good try, but, nope it s not close to DAOC.

• Jeff7477Jeff7477 Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by Deto123

I've seen a lot worse PvP, and recently too. Like a sci-fi game...most horrible PvP I've ever seen.

GW2 tries to be like DAOC, but in reality it s not even close. I played DAOC from release to recent, so i would think I would know. In DAOC, with a group of good players you could fight off many times your numbers, in GW2 no chance. It was a good try, but, nope it s not close to DAOC.

Maybe you just aren't good? 

Being max level in DaoC and pvping is the same as being level 20 and pvping yeah? I'm sure you are a master of your class.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119
    PvP runs amazing especially with the new nvidia drivers. Balance is surprisingly good for a fresh game (you're a bad?). Tons of reason to PvP seeing how you can progress to 80 and aesthetically just by pvping. Personally, I have no reason to PvP on any other game. Pvpers love gw2... I dropped dota2 and bf3 cold turkey
    Originally posted by Jeff7477
    Originally posted by rutaq
    Originally posted by Kaelano1
    [mod edit]

I would NOT agree that the game is garbage but it is certainly designed to remove any challenge or sense of accomplishment besides the foolish Super Mario jumping puzzles.

The game has been so streamlined and simplified that it is almost plays itself....   it feels like the target audience are children or adult that don't have time or attention span to play a challenging game.

PvP runs well on my machine but it is just blah.  There is no risk, it encourages insta respawn lemmings to keep throwing themselves into the battle after they lost.   Players can't build anything or make anything, just swap towers for an negiligible game buff.

PvE is interesting and DE are a good idea just implements poorly.   They are nothing but a Zerg of players steam rolling a simple scripted encounter. 

Immersion,  haha.   The game is so child like and hand holding to is tough to get immersed in anything.   

Exploration ???   is that what you call walking around small zones with a magic GPS/Radar map ?   Seriously only a blind person couldn't complete the painfuly simple and obvious area discovers.   

Meaningful Character development ?   So thats what you call the homogenization of tradtional MMO roles and class until everyclass does everything and you can level up everything in a week of just wandering around while spamming 1-5 ?

The art is good, the game engine is great, but the game feels like playing with an army of kids rushing around the Mall on a sugar high.   Things like discovering, reading, thinking, exploring as pushed aside for instant gratification and FUN FUN FUN !!!        

The game is FUN...no doubt,  but so is eating your weight in cotton candy.  I guess the big thing missing from all the fun is a satisfying challenge.   I am still holding out for a more mature MMO and not another MMO DayCare or the A.D.D kids.

You are a masochist. The game you want doesn't exist and never will, because people want to have fun playing a GAME, not banging their head against a keyboard because of aritificial "challenge" or "risk". 

May I ask what your game of choice would be? EVE?

This is a load of shit. Theres alot of people that want challenge, which beleive it or not is FUN to those people playing a GAME with CHALLENGE. I agree GW2 has some fun to be had, but come on, it s one of the simplist games I ve ever seen, There will be alot of people I suspect, not logging in quite often soon. Maybe I m wrong, but that is my opinion.

Maybe you just aren't good? 

Being max level in DaoC and pvping is the same as being level 20 and pvping yeah? I'm sure you are a master of your class.

How does anything I said have to be with being good or not. If you re talking about Thid, then yes it s kinda like DAOC. If you re talking about level 50, no it s not, except concept.

• Jeff7477Jeff7477 Member Posts: 35
    I agree the game is garbage.

I would NOT agree that the game is garbage but it is certainly designed to remove any challenge or sense of accomplishment besides the foolish Super Mario jumping puzzles.

The game has been so streamlined and simplified that it is almost plays itself....   it feels like the target audience are children or adult that don't have time or attention span to play a challenging game.

PvP runs well on my machine but it is just blah.  There is no risk, it encourages insta respawn lemmings to keep throwing themselves into the battle after they lost.   Players can't build anything or make anything, just swap towers for an negiligible game buff.

PvE is interesting and DE are a good idea just implements poorly.   They are nothing but a Zerg of players steam rolling a simple scripted encounter. 

Immersion,  haha.   The game is so child like and hand holding to is tough to get immersed in anything.   

Exploration ???   is that what you call walking around small zones with a magic GPS/Radar map ?   Seriously only a blind person couldn't complete the painfuly simple and obvious area discovers.   

Meaningful Character development ?   So thats what you call the homogenization of tradtional MMO roles and class until everyclass does everything and you can level up everything in a week of just wandering around while spamming 1-5 ?

The art is good, the game engine is great, but the game feels like playing with an army of kids rushing around the Mall on a sugar high.   Things like discovering, reading, thinking, exploring as pushed aside for instant gratification and FUN FUN FUN !!!        

The game is FUN...no doubt,  but so is eating your weight in cotton candy.  I guess the big thing missing from all the fun is a satisfying challenge.   I am still holding out for a more mature MMO and not another MMO DayCare or the A.D.D kids.

You are a masochist. The game you want doesn't exist and never will, because people want to have fun playing a GAME, not banging their head against a keyboard because of aritificial "challenge" or "risk". 

This is a load of shit. Theres alot of people that want challenge, which beleive it or not is FUN to those people playing a GAME with CHALLENGE. I agree GW2 has some fun to be had, but come on, it s one of the simplist games I ve ever seen, There will be alot of people I suspect, not logging in quite often soon. Maybe I m wrong, but that is my opinion.

Can you name a game with this "challenge" you speak of? I sure haven't found it. Is running around searching for quest givers a challenge? Waiting for others to complete tasks or fighting them for said items/spawns? Are these challenges? 

Everyone that always says this, can never actually explain what they mean. I don't think they even know.

• Thornz2000Thornz2000 Member Posts: 135

GW2 is GW2 not DAoC.

It has some elements of DAoC but is not DAoC.

Don't worry tho, Mythic has mentioned not long ago about considering making DAoC2.

I think GW2 is great and if they are looking at DAoC2 then this game will be worth playing till it comes out.

The world we know is going away http://www.graystatemovie.com/
    Look up Agenda 21 as well.

[mod edit]

Can you name a game with this "challenge" you speak of? I sure haven't found it. Is running around searching for quest givers a challenge? Waiting for others to complete tasks or fighting them for said items/spawns? Are these challenges? 

Everyone that always says this, can never actually explain what they mean. I don't think they even know.

One of my favorite games of all time, FFXI, had alot of challenge, too much to go into. Just for fun is fine for some people, but alot of people like challenge, like, exploring without a mini map telling you where to go, a circle on yur mini map telling you to go there and stop 2 swords from getting to a shield, etc etc.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

It's the best PvP I've seen in an MMORPG in a while. /shrug

Maybe you are just struggling to adapt. It did take me some time to adapt.

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    you're doing it wrong.

The pvp is good, nothing outstanding, but fun for awhile.
  • vardarvardar Member Posts: 282

Not sure if its the worst, but people really over hype a game, especially gw2, not sure really what the awsomeness is?, really feels like i played this type of game for the past 10 years.

Dunno, I feel a real challenge when alot of people need a good strategy to kill an insane boss, not running around like a chicken with its head cut off  spamming the keyboard like a crazy person.....ya, awsome pvp

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286
    [mod edit]

One of my favorite games of all time, FFXI, had alot of challenge, too much to go into. Just for fun is fine for some people, but alot of people like challenge, like, exploring without a mini map telling you where to go, a circle on yur mini map telling you to go there and stop 2 swords from getting to a shield, etc etc.

Then you should be looking into the upcoming sandboxes that are coming out, instead of GW2 which was advertised as a no-grind 'just for fun' kind of game.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Originally posted by gildarbuc

Here is a short pvp review

Good

-You can pvp from lvl one

-You roll a lvl 80 toon and have at it.  This makes it so much easier than to grind a toon to 80 to find out that class sux in pvp.

-instances are easy to get into for now and the ques are instant.

Bad

-The pvp runs heavy.  I have a very high end machine with a 15 meg connection and my mouse feels like it weighs 5 lbs

-As in most games the class balance is way off.  Tanks with heals are almost not worth trying to kill one on one.  They do more dmg than they should.

-The game rolls from one instance into another and you stay with that group until players leave and new players enter in their place.  It feels like a huge treadmill and the instances start to run together.  If you hate a particular instance you are stuck dropping and coming into another group to avoid it.

-the game slows down in fights because of the lag and it frames a LOT more than it should.  Not bad but too much.

-there does not seem to be ANY reason to pvp other than to kill other players and get pvp exp.  With that exp you get chests of gear that will twink you a bit.  I am only lvl 10 pvp so I don't know how much the gear elevates your toon at later levels.  Certain classes just suck so read up so your not rolling that class.

-you change teams so your fighting a guy one instance and when you roll to the next one he is on your team.  I don't like that at all.  I want a bad guy to go after each run.

-I was up at 3 am to start pvping on Sat morning and on Monday night I have no desire to play the game.  That is about as fast as that has ever happened.

-the graphics are not that great.  Rift and SWTOR have better graphics and better pvp.

I have NOT done global pvp.  All i have done are instances.  If this were a subscription game I would have canceled it already.  There are MUCH better pvp games out there.  This isn't a bad game it just isn't good. I will keep playing it and hoping I find some pvp that is  fun to play.  I waited a LONG time for this game and it is not living up to the hype.  My buddies are saying the same things.  One is already back in Rift.

-

Turn your mouse sensitivity up. And dont tell me you have. Sure on the highest speeds its not fast enough for some but its far from a 5lb weight.

As far as the rest of the post goes everyone is entitled to thier opinion. But dont expect many here to think you have anything intelligent to say when you say SWTOR and Rifts PvP is better. You will just get laughed at.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Originally posted by vardar
    Not sure if its the worst, but people really over hype a game, especially gw2, not sure really what the awsomeness is?, really feels like i played this type of game for the past 10 years.

Then you havent played it. I'm not saying GW2 is OMGFLASHYNEWSTUFF like some. But to say its no diffrent than any game in the last 10 years just smells of a troll post or someone talking out there ass having never played it before. Like GW2 or not who cares. Dont try and tell anyone who has played it that its the same though. My buddy HATES the game. He uninstalled it saturday evening. But even he admits its "diffrent". It just wasnt diffrent enough for him.

Originally posted by EvilestTwin
    [mod edit]

Then you should be looking into the upcoming sandboxes that are coming out, instead of GW2 which was advertised as a no-grind 'just for fun' kind of game.

$60.00, not a big deal if I play 30-40 hours

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by vardar

If youve been playing MMOs... then yeah you have. Youre still playing with a keyboard, mouse, and similar mechanics. If it were different, it wouldnt be an MMORPG, it would be something else like an MMOFPS. Nobody ever said theyre reinventing the entire genre and breaking everything that made MMORPGS what they have been. Its just presented in a slightly different way and with some tweaks to combat and class mechanics.

As for the OP... really? So you dont like the way the instanced pvp is set up, but you continue doing just that and admittedly havent even tried The Mists? What would you have them do with the instanced pvp, make you sit around waiting for awhile before the next round/map starts instead of just rotating through the maps after each fight is done? Should they also leave teams unbalanced after people from 1 team quit just because you want to keep fighting the same guy?

• vardarvardar Member Posts: 282

Then you havent played it. I'm not saying GW2 is OMGFLASHYNEWSTUFF like some. But to say its no diffrent than any game in the last 10 years just smells of a troll post or someone talking out there ass having never played it before. Like GW2 or not who cares. Dont try and tell anyone who has played it that its the same though. My buddy HATES the game. He uninstalled it saturday evening. But even he admits its "diffrent". It just wasnt diffrent enough for him.

Diiferent? How is it so different? Omg  so they make a game that gear means little, wow, what a game changer,

it is the same as any other game, only gamers that have been playing for a long time can see that, unlike yourself, the pepsi generation gamer..

• UrkoUrko Member Posts: 88

OP , i dont know what your smokin, but the PvP is a lot better than SWTOR AND even matches WoWs.

The graphics on high make SWTOR and WoW quite frankly inferior.

Your "test" at PvP id say was unsatisfactory because of your bandwidth/ISP or your settings were too high.

I only have a 10 meg line btw and PvP is smooth.

Quite frankly GW2 takes the best bits of Lotro, Warhammer Online and WoW and makes a game thats a pleasure to play.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• UrkoUrko Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by Emerwyn

Guild Wars 2 isn't even "PvP". All you can do is play a copy of WoW's Wintergrasp endlessly where nobody ever wins or loses, just for the sake of it. There's no open world PvP, no arenas, no battlegrounds, nothing. Just that one nosense zergfest. 

Disappointing, to put it nicely.

You obviously havent played it , yes there is battlegrounds.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by Serignuad
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    [mod edit]

Game Attacks

• Unsubstantiated comments about specific or general games will be penalized in nearly the same way attacks against people will. The exception is that you can say mean things about games provided you back it up with reasons.
      Example: "Game X sucks." is not a legitimate comment. "Game X sucks, because..." is acceptable.
    [mod edit]
    [mod edit]

Just really tired of seeing hundreds of peoples' opinions delegitimized by accusations of trolling or whatever. It's not just in the gw2 forum.. it happens in all these forums. Don't agree with something someone said? Just do whatever to reduce legitmacy of the opinion of the poster. It's a ridiculous game to play.

No one's scoring points here for defending gw2. You don't get a free "easy button" or a private server for number of times you avidly make frothed-mouthed counters to naysayers of your favorite new toy.

Are you playing GW2 by any chance?

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Actually quite enjoying the PvP.  Although its plagued by the WoW crowed at the moment.  Seen so many people being told to shutup when trying to be strategic, by large groups that just want to zerg.

Shocking really, as we went from dominating the zone to holding next to nothing shortly after the zerg began.

Like in WoW, best just to quit until the "bads" go to bed.

• dg29031994dg29031994 Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Originally posted by gildarbuc

Here is a short pvp review

Good

-You can pvp from lvl one

-You roll a lvl 80 toon and have at it.  This makes it so much easier than to grind a toon to 80 to find out that class sux in pvp.

-instances are easy to get into for now and the ques are instant.

Bad

-The pvp runs heavy.  I have a very high end machine with a 15 meg connection and my mouse feels like it weighs 5 lbs

Well, what can i say? ur comp suck. I have 30fps in game and 2mb download speed per second. in sPvP i have up to 60fps.

-As in most games the class balance is way off.  Tanks with heals are almost not worth trying to kill one on one.  They do more dmg than they should.

What class are you playing? All you did were spamming skill like an idiot and have no idea of what you are doing? sPvP is not for solo, it is for teamwork, yes, they are hard to kill, but why kill them alone (why do u think they are a TANK "? I think you forgot the reason why you have other players play with u as a team. The tank, all they can do is attack you directly, while other classes like Theif, it has up to 4 evasion skills ( 2 rolling skills, and 2 skills from weapon skill ), by the time you used the 4th skill, the first skill will be off cooldown and you will be able to use it again, imo, theif is the hardest to kill. Or Mesmer with their illusion skill, by the time you know which one to atk, you are already death. It's just you are stupid and have no idea of what you are doing.

-The game rolls from one instance into another and you stay with that group until players leave and new players enter in their place.  It feels like a huge treadmill and the instances start to run together.  If you hate a particular instance you are stuck dropping and coming into another group to avoid it.

Are you playing non-tournament sPvP. Well if you do then you shouldnt have anything to complain about. That kind of sPvP is for people who want to try out their class for PvP and does not take sPvP seriously, they will leave if they want to. Try out Tournament, if u join a tournament match, u will stuck there until you finish the tournament. And with the Map Changing system, Anet do that so that you will not get bore from pvping with the same map. Also, they do that so your team (let say you have a good team and know what you all are doing) will not keep using same tragedy in one map over and over again to spam point.

-the game slows down in fights because of the lag and it frames a LOT more than it should.  Not bad but too much.

I got 30fps in pve world anf 60 pvp world, buy new computer. Are u running it on a win94 computer or something ?

-there does not seem to be ANY reason to pvp other than to kill other players and get pvp exp.  With that exp you get chests of gear that will twink you a bit.  I am only lvl 10 pvp so I don't know how much the gear elevates your toon at later levels.  Certain classes just suck so read up so your not rolling that class.

If you like those type of game where u grind all day to out lvl + out gear other people, GW2 is not the game for you, go play WoW or something else. GW2 is where skills matter not gears. And if u say you dont see any "skills" base pvp in GW2 like many other people have said, you are a dickhead, You don't know how hard it is for 5 random peoples go out and beat 3 others people from the other team If those 3 peoples know how to work and support each other. btw, GW2 has a system call Cross Combo, incase you dont know, It is one of the key to victory in sPvP.

-you change teams so your fighting a guy one instance and when you roll to the next one he is on your team.  I don't like that at all.  I want a bad guy to go after each run.

Like i said, go play tournament pvp. Are you a noob? why are u keep playing non tournament pvp?

-I was up at 3 am to start pvping on Sat morning and on Monday night I have no desire to play the game.  That is about as fast as that has ever happened.You suck

-the graphics are not that great.  Rift and SWTOR have better graphics and better pvp.

For me the graphics in GW2 is not bad, but i agree that Rift SWTOR do have better graphic. And for the PvP, base on what you said, i think you are a lvl+gear base PvP player.  Do other peoples a favor, sell your game account for a cheaper price, there are many people out there dying to play GW2 :D

I have NOT done global pvp.  All i have done are instances.  If this were a subscription game I would have canceled it already.  There are MUCH better pvp games out there.  This isn't a bad game it just isn't good. I will keep playing it and hoping I find some pvp that is  fun to play.  I waited a LONG time for this game and it is not living up to the hype.  My buddies are saying the same things.  One is already back in Rift.

-This game is NOT FOR YOU.