Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

tsw great quests shallow end game

There is no difference between this game and swtor. This game has some of the best quests ever but after u done it and get to end game it's basically stand in agatha and lf nighmare groups and Queue up fusang battleground for black marks forPvP gears. Good for 1 month sub. Swtor launches with 1 raid with raid bosses while tow doesn't atm. You grind heroic dungeons for gears. Oh missions can be solved or grouped. Soloed every mission in the game.

Comments

• ArcheAgeFanArcheAgeFan Member Posts: 46
    Remember nightmare mode flashpoint? That's the eequivalent to nightmare mode tsw nightmare mode dungeons end game. Your going to gear grind just like in swtor. None existent PvP in fusang s since everyone is farming black marks.
  • NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

When i got an invitation to TSW CB i was very excited. I had a great time doing investigation, sabotage and stealth missions. The experince like that in MMO was out of this world plus the unique world settings. It was like coming across  a spring of fresh water in middle of the desert...well till i got to experince end gamen and i knew this is the same 'chase after purple gear' design which i can not tolerate anymore.

I said enough after SWTOR and said goodbye to gear grind for good.

Bite Me

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by ArcheAgeFan
    There is no difference between this game and swtor. This game has some of the best quests ever but after u done it and get to end game it's basically stand in agatha and lf nighmare groups and Queue up fusang battleground for black marks forPvP gears. Good for 1 month sub. Swtor launches with 1 raid with raid bosses while tow doesn't atm. You grind heroic dungeons for gears. Oh missions can be solved or grouped. Soloed every mission in the game.

You solo'd every mission in the game.....every single mission in the entire game....i call shenanigans on this claim :)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

Don't know what endgame is like since i'm not playing, but, the only "endgame" i want is player driven, open ended sandbox. The only themepark endgame i know consists of rinse and repeat pve grinding. Which is why they're all month wasters (doesn't mean i hate at all anyway)

Like i said in the other thread, hope FC can keep pumping out more updates to keep players happy.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by Zinzan

You solo'd every mission in the game.....every single mission in the entire game....i call shenanigans on this claim :)

And BINGO was his name.  Sorry and with all due respect soloed every mission?  That is an epic fail and a sure sign that you have been caught red handed in a big fat lie!

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I reached end game did every mission in the game and requests how am I lying? Also the only mission that I grouped up in the entire game was dance of the porpori in Transylvania. Everything else is soloable. Try and debunk this fanboy. This game will go f2p within months ARe you butthurt that I'm telling everyone the truth? There are 8 dungeons total in the entire game

I stand by my original comments.  Sorry, but people that have played this game know better. 

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673
    Originally posted by sumdumguy1
    I reached end game did every mission in the game and requests how am I lying? Also the only mission that I grouped up in the entire game was dance of the porpori in Transylvania. Everything else is soloable. Try and debunk this fanboy. This game will go f2p within months ARe you butthurt that I'm telling everyone the truth? There are 8 dungeons total in the entire game

I stand by my original comments.  Sorry, but people that have played this game know better. 

I played the game and I know that the arche dude is right... Almost everything is soloable... Instances are the only non soloable stuff in the game, in the end the game is another solo rollercoaster with minimal grouping content...

ps: Endgame is more of the same but without the LFG Tool...

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

The only difference is that in TSW ilum works and nightmare ops are fun.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

"ilum" doesn't really work in tsw either, its not as bad as the real ilum and has potential, but fusang has bugger all strategy to it compared to likes of DAOC, GW2, Planetside and even bloody war.

TSW does have other improvements over SWTOR though

much better dungeons (the best available in my opinion)

much better quests (the best available in my opinion)

less intrusive story / cutscene

Out door bosses, rare mobs, zone bosses that unlock from defeating lair bosses

Less "corridory" and less "hubby"

More alive world, bump into more players, day / night cycle, mobs that attack each other etc..

More useful crafting

Slightly better PVP (although both have bad PVP, shame as skill wheel and 3 sides has potential for great PVP)

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Originally posted by MMOwanderer

Don't know what endgame is like since i'm not playing, but, the only "endgame" i want is player driven, open ended sandbox. The only themepark endgame i know consists of rinse and repeat pve grinding. Which is why they're all month wasters (doesn't mean i hate at all anyway)

Like i said in the other thread, hope FC can keep pumping out more updates to keep players happy.

DAOC is the only themepark to have an endgame that was more fun than the leveling game.

by the way im not here to flame tsw players, if you love the end game after those awesome missions great!! im happy for you. The reason for this post is because i want to inform potential tsw new players of what to expect hen youve finished those great missions. Dont get me wrong, missions in this game is awesome i was hooked.

Its like swtor, first 1-49 quest stories = awesome, then you found out end game is not good.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by Pelagato
    Originally posted by sumdumguy1

I played the game and I know that the arche dude is right... Almost everything is soloable... Instances are the only non soloable stuff in the game, in the end the game is another solo rollercoaster with minimal grouping content...

ps: Endgame is more of the same but without the LFG Tool...

I'm currently subscribed to the game and i can tell you he is BS'ing.  Yes, the missions *are* soloable, but only once you've gotten some very very good gear.  Basically QL10 purples in every slot, and even then many of the missions in carpathian fangs are difficult to solo.

To give you an idea you can get QL10 greens from normal outside dungeon mobs.  ql10 blues are from elite mode dungeons,  ql10 purples drop in nightmare mode dungeons, or are bought by token from nightmare mode dungeons.

Now, to give you an idea of the level of difference between greens and blues:

QL10 weapon will be about 296 weapon power on the top end.  QL10 blues will be 346 ish, and ql10 purples are like 396.

As far as a piece of gear. A ql10 blue head talisman (think helmet) might have 1800hp for a tank helm thats blue, but the ql10 purple would be in the 2100 range

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

I love the game, i intend to keep playing the content that is released(as in my opinion the only viable reason to pay a sub is updates happening as often as you pay). they have been as transparent as they can in terms of telling us what is going to be released and when. i think the main pain for this game is the content isnt out yet, Its being worked on and updated frequently. however its still not there. so to that i say by 2013 this game will be one of the top contenders.  

The first raid is also set to be released within the next few months. and the next zone is to be released early 2013.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Saw the news regarding 200k box sales it's not looking good before I canceled my sub my guild used to have 78 members in tow and 32friendlist . They all stopped logging for weeks. So it's less then 200k subs right now. It probably will go f2p withi n 5 months like swtor.. there are people already bored with end game content as well.
    I mean lets be honest here who wants to pay 15 a month to sit in agartha (fleet) to repeat nightmare mode dungeons and queue for black makes.
  • GR3NDELGR3NDEL Member UncommonPosts: 112

Wow, a post about someone who's raced through the content, got to the 'endgame' and is now complaining that there's no 'endgame' on an MMO that's only been released for only a short time...

...yeah, I've got such a strange case of deja vu.  Like I've read all this before... repeatedly...

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    You can definately beat most of the missions in this game solo with out the uber gear, I did. Only ran the first dungeon once, (spoiler alert) thought we beat it, was in the chopper on the way back "yeah" when all the sudden the chopper gets taken down and we ended up in a final big boss battle it was pretty cool imo. I just hope funcom lasts long enough to turn around the dire straits they seem to be in. The game though not the greatest is something special and has potential all over but still needs time to grow. Heres hoping.....