Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, What do You Want to Play in TESO?

Admittedly, information is sparse at the moment and pre-release information leaves me leery regarding the title. But what do you want to play in the game if you buy it and the mechanics allow for it?

Me? I think I might like to play an Aldmeri Spell Sword and role-play being a Dominion cop. Maybe even make a little guild called The Dominion Police. Kind of like the Skyrim Cops video series at YouTube (HERE.)

You?

Comments

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141

YESSSSS A NON GW2   THREAD!!!!!!

Bot sure what I wanna play, I think for the first time in my gaming career i might try them all. Usually do casters and such so doing melee will hopefully be fun.

• JAFAJAFA Member UncommonPosts: 34

A repeatable (daily?) quest-line in which one get's to bring everyone involved in the decision to implement classes horribly gruesome, & preferably inventive, deaths.

No need for other rewards or xp.

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859
    I'll be playing the told-you-so game once this clone turns out to be a piece of shit.
  • TibernicusTibernicus Member Posts: 433

Someone from Morrowind, probably.

But so long as this game keeps its instancing and phasing I won't be touching it.

• DemandmanDemandman Member Posts: 57
    I'll be playing laugh-at-it's-demise like we currently do with SWTOR :)
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

WOW ... (and that's not World of War craft related.)  I thought my question harmless fun about what character you might want to play but maybe I under estimate the amount of negative feeling already invested in the game.  I am not enthused with everything announced about it either (and have been vocal on it) but even so I am at least willing to look at it, consider it, and even think about what might be fun.

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    I think alot of it might be fun. But thats the thing, might be. The other thing is I am at least willing to try it out. Anything D&D based is fun to me, but not to the playsitself gamers of today. Unfortunately your thread will be over run by fanbois and haters and the usual garbage that trolls this website. Heres to the possibility of a game being good and fun!

Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

WOW ... (and that's not World of War craft related.)  I thought my question harmless fun about what character you might want to play but maybe I under estimate the amount of negative feeling already invested in the game.  I am not enthused with everything announced about it either (and have been vocal on it) but even so I am at least willing to look at it, consider it, and even think about what might be fun.

I'm not. You can already tell that the thing is in management hell with two conflicting ideas behind the game. The folks in charge of making the game want to get rid of instances and make it a true MMO like DAoC.

The people publishing the game want instances and phasing and storylines.

The last time there was a conflict like this we got WAR.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Heh, I cant decide that yet. I will tell you a short while before launch. :)

As for complaining that most threads are about GW2, what do you expect a few hours before its actual launch? 

Originally posted by Tibernicus

I'm not. You can already tell that the thing is in management hell with two conflicting ideas behind the game. The folks in charge of making the game want to get rid of instances and make it a true MMO like DAoC.

The people publishing the game want instances and phasing and storylines.

The last time there was a conflict like this we got WAR.

Well that’s fine. I know what it’s like to need to vent sometimes. Understand, I am just trying to find something fun to write about for a change that isn’t GW2 related and doesn’t involve a hate storm. I mean, look at your post and tell me how it relates to my question...

“But what do you want to play in the game if you buy it and the mechanics allow for it?”

I am just looking to read about what other people think they want to play and might be fun. That’s what my thread is meant to be about if folks won’t totally derail it with their own issues. I gave a nice little character concept example.

There are so many other threads where you can talk about what’s wrong with the game in forum right now and I have my share of complaints there too. If you’re not at least willing to consider what might be fun to play then... Why? I mean are you just looking to tank my day? :)

This hurts. I need a perk me up. O.o

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Admittedly, information is sparse at the moment and pre-release information leaves me leery regarding the title. But what do you want to play in the game if you buy it and the mechanics allow for it?

Me? I think I might like to play an Aldmeri Spell Sword and role-play being a Dominion cop. Maybe even make a little guild called The Dominion Police. Kind of like the Skyrim Cops video series at YouTube (HERE.)

You?

I don't want to "play" a class in an Elder Scrolls game.  I want to play my character.

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859

I am just trying to find something fun to write about for a change that isn’t GW2 related and doesn’t involve a hate storm.

And you actually thought that making a TESO thread would make it through? Seriously?

Originally posted by busdriver

I am just trying to find something fun to write about for a change that isn’t GW2 related and doesn’t involve a hate storm.

And you actually thought that making a TESO thread would make it through? Seriously?

It had better odds than a SWTOR thread...

I might try it on a free trial just to see Morrowind again.
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

I want to play in first-person, just like we do in Skyrim, where can see our arms and equipped weapons, items or spells.

I want to play with fully real-time combat mechanics.

I want to play in a harsh, non-instanced world where I am free to go wherever I want.

I want to play a Dunmer who can join the Daggerfall Covenant or Aldmeri Dominion (or simply stay neutral and not participate in any war) if he wishes.

I want to find a nice spot to build a little cabin on a hillside.

I want to play an Elder Scrolls game alongside thousands of other people.

TESO will deliver none of that to me.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Entinerint

I want to play in first-person, just like we do in Skyrim, where can see our arms and equipped weapons, items or spells.

I want to play with fully real-time combat mechanics.

I want to play in a harsh, non-instanced world where I am free to go wherever I want.

I want to play a Dunmer who can join the Daggerfall Covenant or Aldmeri Dominion (or simply stay neutral and not participate in any war) if he wishes.

I want to find a nice spot to build a little cabin on a hillside.

I want to play an Elder Scrolls game alongside thousands of other people.

TESO will deliver none of that to me.

What he said.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by iceman00

You?

I don't want to "play" a class in an Elder Scrolls game.  I want to play my character.

Same here.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

i find it amusing and sad that so many negative responses to a standard question..for all those people who post negative threads about a game that aint even released yet.yet they seem inclined to comment on a game they have no interest in..i think they are all closet fans and will buy the game..personally i will go for melee class of some kind..no idea what yet really..and yes i will buy

i have a habit of buying games that other peeps dont like and enjoy myself..go figure.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Redguard.

Hopefully they change their minds and I won't be restricted by class. They should look at how eve and tsw handle character progression a much better fit for a tes mmo
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by kevjards

i find it amusing and sad that so many negative responses to a standard question..for all those people who post negative threads about a game that aint even released yet.yet they seem inclined to comment on a game they have no interest in..i think they are all closet fans and will buy the game..personally i will go for melee class of some kind..no idea what yet really..and yes i will buy

i have a habit of buying games that other peeps dont like and enjoy myself..go figure.

They're not closet fans, they're blatant fans.

Most of them even say how much of a TES fan they are.

And then how much that ESO has ruined their hopes for a good TES MMO.

Reading is useful.

But they are wrong when they say its like swtor or wow. It's not like tes either.

Most things they've said make it sound like daoc with a smattering of gw2 (combat) and tes itself (crafting)
  • AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

I think I'm going to play as a whiner.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Redguard.

Hopefully they change their minds and I won't be restricted by class. They should look at how eve and tsw handle character progression a much better fit for a tes mmo

I agree.

Frankly, I doubt there is sufficient time or money left to make any meaningful design changes at this point.

It is clear that is game is not going to appeal to the majority of ES fans, because the gameplay and systems are so far removed from the SPGs.

So I guess it is an attempt to get general MMO fans to play another "clone" by using the ES name as a hook.

It is like you can see the ship heading for the iceberg, and they can't or won't turn in time. All that is left to do is wait around to see the crash.

I think if they had made a game half tes / half daoc it would have been a great mmo. I think that's the game the devs want to make. Unfortunately I think the bosses are under the impression its possible to make a 10million player cash cow by copying wow, which has worked out so well for ea on their lat couple of mmos 8p