Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who Had The Worse Launch?

SathnorSathnor Member Posts: 32
I know Guild Wars 2 hasn't officially "launched", and I'm not saying Guild Wars 2 sucks or anything, nor am I complaining, I just want to know what people think. Okay, now that's out of the way I want to ask your opinion, which launch was worse, Diablo 3, or Guild Wars 2?

Comments

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    I cannot comment on Diablo 3 as I did not purchase it, but in beta it was smooth for me, but GW2 I can comment since I bought it, besides the Trade Post being down, I have been kicked off the server 2 times since head start, my time put in was 28 hours, so seems good for me atleast.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by Sathnor
    I know Guild Wars 2 hasn't officially "launched", and I'm not saying Guild Wars 2 sucks or anything, nor am I complaining, I just want to know what people think. Okay, now that's out of the way I want to ask your opinion, which launch was worse, Diablo 3, or Guild Wars 2?

Are you seriously asking this on a gw2 fansite and expecting reliable results?

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    It's "had the worst" or "has a worse launch than" and GW2 hasn't launched yet.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

D3

But only because it never should have had any "Error 37" issues in the first place because it shouldn't have been online only.  Diablo has always been a single/multiplayer RPG, NOT an MMORPG.  So I was extremely critical of any online-only related issues it had.

GW2 on the other hand is a full blooded MMORPG and I almost expect some server issues at launch.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

It is not possible to say yet.

GW2 was down 3 hours during head start, really annoying but D3 had login issues for over a week.

GW2s hardest time might be tomorrow when average Joe start playing.

So with we we know right now I think D3 was worst but that can change fast. But and this is a big but, D3 aint a MMO and a game like it should (in theory) have less problems that a full MMO.

All that said, D3s launch had its annoying parts but it wasnt that bad either. The only thing that pulls down the score is the stupid decision that you cant play offline, without that it would have been fine. 

Now if you want a bad launch you should have been there during Anarchy online....

• SathnorSathnor Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Leethe

Well I would consider it a launch because people who bought the game can play it and it's not beta, sure it's not THE official launch, but it's pretty much a launch, atleast to me it is.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Silly thread. D3 had one of the worst launches of all time GW2 isn't even close to the fail that is D3 in any aspect including launch.
  • crewthiefcrewthief Member Posts: 235
    Originally posted by dynamicipftw

I could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure he's trolling.

Sorroe, Human Mesmer
    Jade Quarry Server

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    Silly thread. D3 had one of the worst launches of all time GW2 isn't even close to the fail that is D3 in any aspect including launch.

No it didnt. Or it did for a singleplayer game but compared with many MMO launches it was pretty good.

Vanguard, AoC, AO, EQ2. AO had people not being able to play at all for weeks.

If D3 just had an offline mode noone would even mention it. It was however Blizzards worst launch since they became famous.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Diablo didn't even work well a day after a launch...

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Never played D3 so can't vote ;)

Bite Me

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Leethe

I didn't play D3 . 

The only problem I have had with GW2 "launch" was the first night when it went down for about 4 hours. No problems with the launch since then! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• everlandeverland Member Posts: 71

I pre-ordered. Started Today. Logged in the first minute it was avaliable for pre-orders. Was online for 14 hours, 0 disconnections, 0 lags, 0 problems, was running smooth with high-ish settings on my 3yo PC, only problems were in Sylvari land (more fog maybe, more complex models of plants, don't know).

I know people had problems for the first few hours of pre-purchase launch. But for me it was 10/10. Even with the problems from 25th, it would still be pretty ordinary launch. Calling it worst or comparing it to worst is something I don't understand.. why in the world?

• ValuaValua Member Posts: 520
    Originally posted by crewthief

It's pretty true though.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by everland

I pre-ordered. Started Today. Logged in the first minute it was avaliable for pre-orders. Was online for 14 hours, 0 disconnections, 0 lags, 0 problems, was running smooth with high-ish settings on my 3yo PC, only problems were in Sylvari land (more fog maybe, more complex models of plants, don't know).

I know people had problems for the first few hours of pre-purchase launch. But for me it was 10/10. Even with the problems from 25th, it would still be pretty ordinary launch. Calling it worst or comparing it to worst is something I don't understand.. why in the world?

Why in the world? Because for months people that have formed a negative opinion against GW2 are having to eat huge piles of crow, so they are grasping at the silliest things they can.  

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Okay first of all, I said worse, not worst, there is a difference you know. Second of all, I just wanted to make a discussion and see people's opinions, and I also said that I'm enjoying Guild Wars 2, I'm not some person who's trying desperately to make Guild Wars 2 look bad. Btw just because you don't agree with someone's opinion/discussion, doesn't mean they're trolling. Even if I made a bad thread because they don't compare, doesn't mean I'm trolling, I could just have forgetten how bad Diablo 3 launch was, no one is perfect you know.
    Originally posted by Valua

It's pretty true though.

Not really sure what you're getting at...

Sorroe, Human Mesmer
    Jade Quarry Server

• WinterhoundWinterhound Member Posts: 66

D3 had 2 hours outtages almost everyday (or even everyday) on the week of the launch. In the first few weeks, some scheduled maintenance were 8 hours long. I've been on UO launch day, Lineage II launch day, GW1 launch day, Aion launch day, D3 launch day, and now GW2 launch day. Nothing beats D3.

I actually though GW2 launch was smooth (better than UO launch day and miles ahead of D3 launch day).

Okay first of all, I said worse, not worst, there is a difference you know. Second of all, I just wanted to make a discussion and see people's opinions, and I also said that I'm enjoying Guild Wars 2, I'm not some person who's trying desperately to make Guild Wars 2 look bad. Btw just because you don't agree with someone's opinion/discussion, doesn't mean they're trolling. Even if I made a bad thread because they don't compare, doesn't mean I'm trolling, I could just have forgetten how bad Diablo 3 launch was, no one is perfect you know.

That's why I said, 'I could be wrong', to start my reply. Look around on this forum, tons and tons of trolls. 

Sorroe, Human Mesmer
    Jade Quarry Server

That's why I said, 'I could be wrong', to start my reply. Look around on this forum, tons and tons of trolls. 

Sorry, I didn't see that part of your post, I just saw trolling and it made me a little upset, this happened another time when I asked is Rift dead like month ago where like half the servers where low, the other medium and it apperentally only had 250k subscribers. That's pretty dead to me.

• everlandeverland Member Posts: 71

Yes, but you compared it to one of the worst launches in history and asked if it was worse, so you assumed it was bad, otherwise you would form topic "Who had better launch" and compare it with a game that had good launch.

If you like the game, you shouldn't make topics like that. There are tons of people who hate it and will do those topic for you.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

I say GW2

My entire guild of 200+ people have been unable to log in for 12+ hours due to a guild influence bug.  Anyone who logs in instantly gets a crash to desktop.

GW2 apologized to the guild leader on twitter, but there is no sign of a fix any time soon.  

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

MMORPG.com is a gw2 fansite? How do the other scores of mmos feel about this? Oh, maybe they should stop paying to advertise and gw2 can just pay Pokket's wages for psychobabble.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Anarchy Online tops them all.  That was the worst launch ever.

The only problems i have with GW2's launch, are the forum login issues and the trading post still not working since saturday.  I haven't had any login issues, but a lot of other people have.

• kreakrea Member UncommonPosts: 237
    So far its one of the best for me and tryed most mmorpg since eq 1 . Only first few hours i did have login problems but now its super stable for me no dc , lag etc playing on eu servers .