Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you looking forward to next.

Now that the release/headstart of GW2 is gone, and for those that don t rally care for the game, what ones are you looking forward to the most upcoming.

Please anyone coming in to say, "WHAT YOU DON T LIKE GW2, YOU RE AN IDIOT" please refrain from posting.

My choices are Planetside2, AA, and Wildstar. Not necessarily in that order.

Comments

• Felheart5Felheart5 Member Posts: 35

I'm actually most curious to see what Blizzard is creating with Titan. Not because I have any expecations, but because we already know it'll be huge regardless of what it is. There's also the question if it'll be radically different from WoW and how it could affect the industry. 

It's a bit strange maybe, but if I were to put money on anyone to bring radical change to the genera(whether I like them or not)... it'd have to be the guys that defined the current norm in the first place.

• MeliezaMelieza Member Posts: 269
    I'm really looking forward to Neverwinter because I love games that give you creation tools.  I also played the demo at E3 and the combat was super fun!
  • TibernicusTibernicus Member Posts: 433

Looking forward to the future of Vanguard right now...

The Darkfall 2.0 relaunch in the near future.

Planetside 2 eventually.

And Arch Age someday.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Halo 4, ArcheAge, and The Repopulation are my top three.
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

That's the thing. Now that GW2 has released there are no AAA titles that have me excited looking to release anywhere in the near future. Maybe not even before the end of next year... with TESO. I don't even know of any big budget / hot IP titles (like Titan) preparing to announce. O.o

Sure there are lots of small fry titles like the Repopulation, Wildstar, and to a degree even WOD waiting in the wings but nothing major is coming along. So I am not looking forward to anything. I am just waiting and watching for something that really hooks my interest.

• SicaeSicae Member Posts: 110
    Neverwinter, blade&soul and archeage has my attention but I don't know enough to get my hype going.
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

That's the thing. Now that GW2 has released there are no AAA titles that have me excited looking to release anywhere in the near future. Maybe not even before the end of next year... with TESO. I don't even know of any big budget / hot IP titles (like Titan) preparing to announce. O.o

Sure there are lots of small fry titles like the Repopulation, Wildstar, and to a degree even WOD waiting in the wings but nothing major is coming along. So I am not looking forward to anything. I am just waiting and watching for something that really hooks my interest.

Uhh... Planetside 2?

Darkfall 2.0?

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

Pleanetside 2 is looking simply amazing. I'll probably play it like crazy.

Neverwinter and Wildstar and also looking cool with the Foundry and Housing (possibly crafting in WS), but i need more info on them. So far, it's looks like their going to be themeparks, but still fun, if WS is F2P.

TESO, while i'm sad it's not going to even be a sandpark apperantly, still seems interesting from what i've read.

Archeage and The Repopulation and the 2 i'm keeping my eyes on. One of them might be the virtual world rpg i'd like.

But my "secret" anticipations for the future are EQ Next, Titan and WOD. Hopefully, atleast 1 of them will be amazing. Still, with no info, a long wait ahead.

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

Planetside 2 is probably the only MMO on the horizon that I care about right now.  I'll probably try out Neverwinter just because free is firee, but I don't have high expectations of it, but hey, what do I have to lose?

I think I might more or less be done with MMORPGs until someone releases a game with hard PvE content that makes me scared of dying, understands risk vs reward, and isn't possible for the average player to complete all the PvE content in a matter of a couple months.  I don't know if a game like this will ever exist again, maybe Everquest Next, but we'll see.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Tibernicus

Uhh... Planetside 2?

Darkfall 2.0?

LOL.... You're calling Darkfall 2.0 a AAA title. :) 

And Planetside 2 is an MMOFPS.

You trollin me bro?

Originally posted by Tibernicus

Uhh... Planetside 2?

Darkfall 2.0?

LOL.... You're calling Darkfall 2.0 a AAA title. :) 

And Planetside 2 is an MMOFPS.

You trollin me bro?

Who cares if its a MMOFPS? Its more of a true MMO than just about every AAA online game released in the last 7 years.

And yes, Darkfall 2.0 is kind of a big deal.

• kalrhaelkalrhael Member Posts: 87

Planetside 2 is bound to be loads of fun, aside from that, I do hope infinity: quest for earth starts coming around... the mmo sphere is in -DESPERATE- need for a big twitch-based space sim mmo.

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    As a big fan of Lineage 1, I'm waiting for Lineage Eternal.
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by Deto123

Now that the release/headstart of GW2 is gone, and for those that don t rally care for the game, what ones are you looking forward to the most upcoming.

Please anyone coming in to say, "WHAT YOU DON T LIKE GW2, YOU RE AN IDIOT" please refrain from posting.

My choices are Planetside2, AA, and Wildstar. Not necessarily in that order.

Ive def got my eye on planetside 2, as well as Rise of Nations.  But those are more alternate games, as far as standard issue fantasy mmo, i'm excited about Stormg Legion for Rift.

As far as a new mmo, even though we know nothing about it aside from a few comments in interviews, im hoping EQ:Next will be the one to break the mold, and (per the comments in the interview) bring the focus of the MMO back to being a world first.

Edit: DERP, forgot to mention Neverwinter.  I love the focus on single group content, and the focus on dungeons, dungeon crawling, etc.  Also the combat looks amazing, love the art style, love that its back in forgotten realms. etc.  I love that they're going to have a massive world with multiple cities (im SO sick of this 1 or 2 main cities crap).

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Archeage will have some value ,but sort of geared to pvp.

IMO i do not see a light at the end of the rainbow for quite some time.

We have had phases in this genre and right now it is a phse i do not like.Now it is about  making games with less content,cheaper to design and deceptive marketing tactics.

I remember when rpg's were advancing forward,now it is sideways or backwards.I see some go forwards in some areas but backwards in others,we can't get a complete game going forward.

Without touching game titles or developers,i will say judging by what developers COULD be doing they are giving us about a 50% effort.This relates to a 5/10 game.

I have seen bits and pieces of ideas i like but nothing ever looks more than just a fast gimmick idea.

I trusted Sqaure Enix for years,i really looked forward to the next FFXi,but a couple years before FFXIV,i soon realized their direction and greed had changed.

I have no doubt what so ever that the next really good polished  and in depth game will be a p2p NOT f2p.F2P has always been and always will be developers looking for the cheapest way to develop and deliver the game.P2p gives a developer hope that even though the product might cost them more and take a little longer,they have the encouragment to get that EXTRA effort and cost back.It is not a guarantee,but it is the best option.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

On MMORPG.com, the grass is always greener...a mile ahead.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    I'm waiting for Archeage, WoD and pnp rpg's to become really popular again. Out of the three i have no idea when they will be released (reborn).
  • csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    ArcheAge seems to only be the promising game that I want to try out...
  • ajayazirajayazir Member Posts: 108

I'm waiting for a new monster hunter or a new dark/demon souls type of game.

Hoping MHF would come out for NA, since most of the mmo's that are trying the action combat approach are very forgiving on timing and coordination. 

Other than that hoping for Planetside and Wildstar.

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
    Currently, I'm only looking forward to Neverwinter, and probably Elder Scrolls Online.
  • hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203
    I'm looking forward to The Repopulation.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

I'm still on the fence about GW2, might buy in October or November when I'll have more free time. Looking forward to more news about "Titan" and EQNext mostly. I can't say I know enough about AA to be interested.

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

AecheAge - IF it ever gets a NA publisher

Repopulation - looks good so far

Maybe WoD ... maybe

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

WoD is the only real thing on the horizon im interested in. but even then i'm very skeptical.

I'm a Malkavian for anyone who knows The game. if i were to hit someone with Total insanity they are given 5 derangements. Literally you have given 5 mental illnesses that last for the day. i'm curious just how they intend to impliment it. will they start seeing random NPC's running around them. will their speakers suddenly have 4 or 5 voices talking to them.

those who took Dominate instead of Dementation. If i dominate somone to i get control of their character, i should, its what dominate does.

There are plenty of other abilities that are questionable of not impossible to put into MMO format. but ill leave it there.

For now, i got my TSW, i love it and will stick with it.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

I am looking forward to Neverwinter nights to create dungeons. I am also wondering what life would be like not addicted to video games.

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.