Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New website is already being censored

MirokataMirokata Member Posts: 107

After one day of uptime on the new website, the forums are already being actively moderated to keep dissenting opinions from reaching the public. I made two posts and they've already muted me -- not banned... muted.. How many players out there are posting away thinking they're contributing, not even realizing no one can see their posts? I bet many, since the forums used to be WAY more active before this cleansing.

Already GuideMihr has lied in this thread about past event rewards: https://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/8298-what-would-you-like-to-get-from-a-reward-prize

GuideMihr also shared his ridiculously childish logic on event rewards here: https://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/8308-The-Great-Founders-Maze-Round-5-2012-08-26?p=95605#post95605

"... the events turn out it's been very low lately, [valuable rewards] is a way to make the event more rewarding and "interesting" for players to take part."

I guess he's incapable of applying that logic beyong the event? He doesn't realize that by making his events more rewarding and "interesting" to attract more players, hes making the rest of the game less lucrative and less "interesting".  Not to mention the fact that this makes player ran events completely dull in comparison since they can't offer unobtainable rewards. Too bad you get muted for pointing that out to him. Destroying the game so he can convince people to pay attention to him for 30 minutes as he puts on his 5th lame ass maze event -- definitely GM worthy.

GuideMihr also buried some dude's criticism here: https://www.xsyon.com/showthread.php/8313-General-Game-Comments?p=95599#post95599

Nothing like a GM moving your post around and posting an ominous message over it to spark a good conversation.

Comments

• PenintimePenintime Member Posts: 20

Seeing as other members have posted pretty much that same critisism in the thread and I can view it, I don't see how it is about keeping "dissenting opinions from reaching the public". They are there, in plain view, as I was not even logged in and could see them. More likely you were not able to keep your comments constructive and they were removed because people are fed up with your poison pen.

It is too bad, when you cry foul about everything, most of it totally exaggerated, then when you once in a while have something worthwhile to contribute, noone will listen to you because you have made yourself known as someone who is not helpful, who is not reasonable. Well, why would they listen to you? You just stated that you felt the forums being hacked after you were banned was a sweet payback, and implied you had something to do with it. And then you actually expect them to circle round, pen in hand, taking notes on how to change their game when you show up to impart your wisdom? Seriously, if you really want to be critical and helpful, look at MrDDT, he is very vocal about the game and what he believes is lacking -and yeah he treads the line a lot of the time but he is mostly relevant, and he has credibility in his opinions as he actively plays the game and clearly likes some of it and wants the rest of it to improve. You just want to sabotage it and people pick up on that.

This is just a crybaby tactic of first  making yourself persona non grata in forums, and then coming here so you can cry about being censored. Ingenious.

• MirokataMirokata Member Posts: 107
    Originally posted by Penintime

Seeing as other members have posted pretty much that same critisism in the thread and I can view it, I don't see how it is about keeping "dissenting opinions from reaching the public". They are there, in plain view, as I was not even logged in and could see them. More likely you were not able to keep your comments constructive and they were removed because people are fed up with your poison pen.

Dude, who posted what same critisism in which thread? What is it with you that you think you can just feed people meaningless words and pretend like you're saying something? "Poison pen", my god, what kind of simple soul am I dealing with here.

DDT posted a few of the causes, but not really the effects. His critiques were cast aside and GuideMihr gave the blanket statement I quoted in my original post, which remains uncontested.

It is too bad, when you cry foul about everything, most of it totally exaggerated, then when you once in a while have something worthwhile to contribute, noone will listen to you because you have made yourself known as someone who is not helpful, who is not reasonable. Well, why would they listen to you? You just stated that you felt the forums being hacked after you were banned was a sweet payback, and implied you had something to do with it. And then you actually expect them to circle round, pen in hand, taking notes on how to change their game when you show up to impart your wisdom? Seriously, if you really want to be critical and helpful, look at MrDDT, he is very vocal about the game and what he believes is lacking -and yeah he treads the line a lot of the time but he is mostly relevant, and he has credibility in his opinions as he actively plays the game and clearly likes some of it and wants the rest of it to improve. You just want to sabotage it and people pick up on that.

There you go again, just stating that most everything I say is untrue. Sounds... exagerated, doesn't it? Unfounded, yeah?  Perhaps we should all stop listening to you because there is surely no way you will ever contribute anything meaningful in the future when you're writing so emotionally now.

Here is a simple life protip for you and anyone else who has exceptionally "thin skin": don't ignore people unless you have to (harassment, extreme language, etc). It's usually the critiques that are hardest to swallow that are the most revealing. If you're annoyed with someone who won't stop their critiques, maybe you should get to work addressing their concerns before thinking "That guy needs to ne nicer to me".

I said it was sweet payback for *the group of us* who got *muted*, which doesn't imply myself involved in any way. Again, please stop bribbling all over your keyboard as you type these messages.

You're so confused man. I have no interest in being helpful, I only care to be critical. I'm pointing out flaws because Xsyon is basically a case study on poor video game design, development, and operation. It really makes no difference to me what they do with the info, use it or ignore it. The only person capable of sabotaging their game is them, which they're currently doing a FANTASTIC job of by, ironically, ignoring critiques.

My personal opinion on the matter is that I see no sign of them turning this ship around, so the game and company's demise would ultimately be more valuable to the gaming community. As much as you and a few others may like the game, there are many more people who have disliked the game, and who have paid the price of $40 to a weak and unethical developer to find that out.

This is just a crybaby tactic of first  making yourself persona non grata in forums, and then coming here so you can cry about being censored. Ingenious.

More latin? You must be really smart.

Originally posted by Mirokata

Dude, who posted what same critisism in which thread

DDT posted a few of the causes, but not really the effects. His critiques were cast aside and GuideMihr gave the blanket statement I quoted in my original post, which remains uncontested.

You just answered yourself, dude. "Not really the effects" -he did point out that it would be destructive to the economy. 

Here is a simple life protip for you and anyone else who has exceptionally "thin skin": don't ignore people unless you have to (harassment, extreme language, etc). It's usually the critiques that are hardest to swallow that are the most revealing. If you're annoyed with someone who won't stop their critiques, maybe you should get to work addressing their concerns before thinking "That guy needs to ne nicer to me".

Thin skin just because I don't appreciate your negativity and slander? Sadly I have no influence over what Notorious Games choose to do or not to do to adress the genuine concerns of the genuine players. I agree that the most urgent truths are often hard to swallow, and there are some things that people are pointing out in the forum again and again (and it isn't being removed) that they would do well to listen to. But now you try to make it seem like the people behind Xsyon are up to something untowards, trying to silence people who only want to improve the game. Looking at the facts, critical voices are heard, however in banning/muting certain elements their actions are justifiable, as anyone reading your posts would probably see. 

You keep missing the point on purpose, I want nothing more than for these people to fix all the issues with the game, it would be aswesome. I just happen to have an issue with the fact that you are posing as some kind of truth-sayer when in fact you admit freely that you do not want the game to improve.

There are many examples where they have listened to player feedback, probably more so than most games. The new changes to creature migration is one recent example. But having said that, they don't have an obligation to listen to everything, they have to make the game that they want, and then people will vote with their wallets. It is pretty obvious that right now, looking at the number of players in the game, many people are opting out and that means there are issues with the game. But the game is improving continuously. 

I have no interest in being helpful, I only care to be critical. I'm pointing out flaws because Xsyon is basically a case study on poor video game design, development, and operation. It really makes no difference to me what they do with the info, use it or ignore it. The only person capable of sabotaging their game is them, which they're currently doing a FANTASTIC job of by, ironically, ignoring critiques.

It clearly makes a massive difference to you.

My personal opinion on the matter is that I see no sign of them turning this ship around, so the game and company's demise would ultimately be more valuable to the gaming community. As much as you and a few others may like the game, there are many more people who have disliked the game, and who have paid the price of $40 to a weak and unethical developer to find that out.

1) Lots of people who quit the game early on are coming back now because it has improved. 2) You chose not to get a refund. 3) How would less diversity be "valuable" to the gaming community? I haven't found anbother game that has the features I like, if there was one and it was better I'd be playing it. Do you have some suggestions for me? So far I have hated all the alternatives that I have played, but I realize that other people are enjoying them and so I would not take any pleasure in the demise of these IMO really crappy games. If people like crap, fine - as long as I am not forced to play it.

Weak developer - maybe. They are certainly taking their time with some stuff. They don't have many resources and I think it will come in time. Unethical-  in spite of your tremendous efforts you haven't been able to substatiate that claim. Yeah, they promised features that they couldn't deliver - that sucks. They offered refunds- case closed. Quite a lot has happened since then and many of the features are in, some are on their way and others seem to have been canned, because sometimes the reality is that ambitions have to be scaled down. It is made pretty clear to anyone who reads about the game before they buy it that it is a work in progress. If people are fine with that, and some apparently are, that is not really something to take offense to. I mean now there is kickstarter where people can buy games that haven't even been made yet, books not yet written. 

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Sound like the moderator who banned me from Mortal Online forums.   Persona non grata, or unwanted person.   Which I find is the lamest excuse of a use of a latin term.   If you cant come up with a better term than, "I dont like him/her." then you should ban yourself from moderating.   But I digress this is not the topic of this thread.

The post that the GM moved is in the correct forum and I was able to post in it, so I dont see an issue with it.   But crying about posts being moved on Xsyon is just sad.  That forums moderation team has been probably the most mild I have seen in years.   If you want to cry about vanishing posts and censorship post on Mortal Onlines forums or WWIIOL.   Then you will see the Gestapo at work.

So much crap, so little quality.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Hodo

Sound like the moderator who banned me from Mortal Online forums.   Persona non grata, or unwanted person.   Which I find is the lamest excuse of a use of a latin term.   If you cant come up with a better term than, "I dont like him/her." then you should ban yourself from moderating.   But I digress this is not the topic of this thread.

The post that the GM moved is in the correct forum and I was able to post in it, so I dont see an issue with it.   But crying about posts being moved on Xsyon is just sad.  That forums moderation team has been probably the most mild I have seen in years.   If you want to cry about vanishing posts and censorship post on Mortal Onlines forums or WWIIOL.   Then you will see the Gestapo at work.

LOL This.

MO forums are beyond normal "censorship"- They make censorship an Art Form.

Anyhow, glad to know Xylon is still alive, for some reason I thought it closed down-  Maybe I am thinking of something else =/

• MirokataMirokata Member Posts: 107

Thin skin just because I don't appreciate your negativity and slander?

You don't have to appreciate my speech, only tolerate it enough to receive the message. You're so caught up in being offended by my tone and purpose that you don't even evaluate the message. That's a totally seperate problem of yours though. Thin skin just means you're offended easily.

Sadly I have no influence over what Notorious Games choose to do or not to do to adress the genuine concerns of the genuine players. I agree that the most urgent truths are often hard to swallow, and there are some things that people are pointing out in the forum again and again (and it isn't being removed) that they would do well to listen to.

You might have some influence if you voiced your thoughts with some conviction and reasoning. Perhaps this continued ignorance of the issues calls for more urgent and aggresive tone, yeah? I mean, if you really wanted to see the game get better...

You keep missing the point on purpose, I want nothing more than for these people to fix all the issues with the game, it would be aswesome. I just happen to have an issue with the fact that you are posing as some kind of truth-sayer when in fact you admit freely that you do not want the game to improve.

I addressed this point in my last post. I don't care if the game improves or doesn't improve, as the last remaining position I held as a "stakeholder" in this game was severed when I was banned and muted for taking the time to passionately voice my opinions.

Think back to when you were writing book critiques in English class -- did you care if the book got better as a result? Of course not... but you wrote your critique as if it could be used to make the book better. You were still a "truth-sayer" no matter your level of interest in the topic.

Think of this as a video game critique for a self-enrolled game design class. I *used* to write these critiques with the hope that they would be used to make the game better, but since I've been banned and muted, I just write them because I enjoy the practice. If you ask me, that's a far less biased purpose than you seem to have as a fanboi of Xsyon desperate for more people to play with.

There are many examples where they have listened to player feedback, probably more so than most games. The new changes to creature migration is one recent example.

"Listening" to player feedback first received over a year ago doesn't really count... This game is different from others, because it's an extremely small MMO. In contrast, A Tale In The Desert, a similar game development wise, had a formalized system of player-dev interaction through the Law system. Jordi silently implementing mechanics based on player ideas isn't really the "listening" people are looking for.

It is pretty obvious that right now, looking at the number of players in the game, many people are opting out and that means there are issues with the game. But the game is improving continuously.

You don't need to look at the population to see that there are issues with the game though, we know that because we understand the game mechanics. What the population trend really tells us is that the game is NOT improving continuously, or at least not at the pace that people are expecting.

Weak developer - maybe. They are certainly taking their time with some stuff. They don't have many resources and I think it will come in time.

OK. I think that it won't come in time, based on the slow, misprioritzed, incomplete, and flawed patches that have came in the past.

Combat upgrade -- Didn't change much, took forever, and was totally misprioritized given that combat is not meant to be the game's focus. Still haven't gotten the combat changes we actually need: healing, ranged combat, and abilities.

Carts -- Didn't work as intended (solving economy issues), took forever. Still a lot of issues with the system in ownership and decay.

Zombies -- Misprioritized, improperly balanced/designed.

Skill/Stat cap -- Misprioritized, didn't work as intended (solving teamwork/economy issues), messy implementation.

Equipment nerfs -- Misprioritized, huge hit to economy, huge hit to item worth.

Originally posted by SaintPhilip

MO forums are beyond normal "censorship"- They make censorship an Art Form.

Yeah, how so? Never been on the MO forums.

You are not a truth-sayer if what you are saying isn't true.

Dude, you are not unbiased. LOL. Liking a game and wanting it to be judged on it's real merits, and therefore being against the spreading of lies about it doesn't make someone a fanboi. I am not uncritical of the game, but I am critical of you. For someone who believes in the power fo hard truths, you seem to have a hard time taking that in. You are a fanboi of yourself.

"LIstening to player feedback recieved over a year ago doesn't really count..." No of course it doesn't because that would deflate your reasoning. We can't have that!

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    This is a forum for discussion of the game, not forum drama from elsewhere.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.