Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its completely stupid and I feel ripped off

sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
That I am at work and cant play GW2

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

Comments

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by sammyeli

lol, i see what you did there...

I feel the same way! haha

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    lol I woke up like 2 hours early just to get a fix, can't till I get home.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    I totally am taking off early today :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Imagine the agony of working at home but being swamped with too much work to accomplish anything in the game.  Although I was able to type this post so hmmm.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

I think there is a 12-step program for what you are experiencing.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

Can I have your st... aw crap! You got me.

• DanbaccaDanbacca Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I carried the game to work on a usb drive. It plays right off the drive itself, no installation neccessary.
  • Calhoun619Calhoun619 Member Posts: 126

Doctors appt is killing me as theres nothing I want to do right now other than playing some GW2 and instead I have to leave

I R ANGREE =(((((

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    lol I woke up like 2 hours early just to get a fix, can't till I get home.

The first 30 years of work is the worst ...after that it gets better

I was working from home over the weekend but I got lucky that the build was buggy from Oracle's side, so I got to play through out the weekend. However I might now be lucky next weekend.

Carl Sagan-

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    No, it's a one step program... Call your boss a Bookah and leave :)

OP I feel your pain.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

If you think its stupid, you need to learn how to play. It isn't like the average MMO, and it is quite different than the norm. It isn't about grinding items over and over.

Of course, at least there isn't a monthly fee. So even if you spent 60 dollars (or more for collectors), you can't go "lol I unsubscribe lol" and make a long post of how you unsubscribed.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Originally posted by TheScavenger

If you think its stupid, you need to learn how to play. It isn't like the average MMO, and it is quite different than the norm. It isn't about grinding items over and over.

Of course, at least there isn't a monthly fee. So even if you spent 60 dollars (or more for collectors), you can't go "lol I unsubscribe lol" and make a long post of how you unsubscribed.

This guy right here is a champ.

Carl Sagan-

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

This guy right here is a champ.

I can only hope he is just playing along

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

What are you talking about?  WoW is just like every average MMO, it literally is the norm, and it is about grinding items over and over.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Originally posted by Creslin321

What are you talking about?  WoW is just like every average MMO, it literally is the norm, and it is about grinding items over and over.

learn to read. I SAID THAT GUILD WARS 2 WAS DIFFERENT, I NEVER FREAKIN SAID ANYTHING ABOUT WOW. IWoW IS THE NORM, but that is because every company tries to get in on its subscriber base and FAILS. No one wants to play a CLONE. When they can play the real thing.

Would you rather eat real vanilla icecream? Or icecream with fake vanilla syrup?

Why are there so many trolls on this site. If you bought a game, enjoy it. Games are entertainment, not work. I guess maybe not true for people who get paid in E-sports...but even then, games are ENTERTAINMENT. There is nothing entertaining about grinding items over and over.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• heavy3p0heavy3p0 Member Posts: 16
    Is this a /ragequit your job post?
    Can i have your paycheck?
    Originally posted by Creslin321

learn to read. I SAID THAT GUILD WARS 2 WAS DIFFERENT, I NEVER FREAKIN SAID ANYTHING ABOUT WOW. IWoW IS THE NORM, but that is because every company tries to get in on its subscriber base and FAILS. No one wants to play a CLONE. When they can play the real thing.

Would you rather eat real vanilla icecream? Or icecream with fake vanilla syrup?

Why are there so many trolls on this site. If you bought a game, enjoy it. Games are entertainment, not work. I guess maybe not true for people who get paid in E-sports...but even then, games are ENTERTAINMENT. There is nothing entertaining about grinding items over and over.

Hes winning, I think he might reach charlie sheen winning status in a minute

Carl Sagan-

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

LOL love the topic :-)

I loaded GW2 on my gaming laptop and have it right here for lunch time.  Hope wireless can hold up the connection (at least until I get home this evening)

• ololuluololulu Member UncommonPosts: 164
    It's worse for me, being in the middle of nowhere for2 weeks.
    And ofcourse i don't have laptop and my computer is 200 km away.
  • benit59benit59 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by Danbacca
    I carried the game to work on a usb drive. It plays right off the drive itself, no installation neccessary.

Great plan! But I'm behind a firewall...and its literally the only piece of hardware I don't have admin rights to.

• xxlilDevilxxxxlilDevilxx Member UncommonPosts: 245

Do what I am going to do:

1) Go home during lunch break

2) Have your lunch at home, Login and Queue up for WvW

3) Get home after work -> getinto WvW right away

4) Pure win

Hahha I know right, I started my que @ 2pm yesterday, I got the Que @ 7PM

Carl Sagan-

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

shows how much people are addicted to games .differeance between work and games of today ,you ask? the differeance is work pays while games make you do a job and here is the best part .you are the one who will pay money for doing game "job"