Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Less than 1 Day and Leveling/Economy were broken.

AtibraAtibra Member Posts: 65

[mod edit]  Dynamic Events spawn back to back to back.  As a result, a non-stop Zerg has formed for the past 1-2 days that just runs around in a giant circle completing each event.

Two of my friends joined the zerg - one went from 18-28 in 2 hours.  The other went from 20-26 in 1.5 hours.

On top of all this, each went from having approx. 2,000 Karma to having over 18,000 Karma.

The game didn't even make it 24 hours before the Exp system was broken.  Karma is also a core component in some crafting, and as such this massive influx of Karma will hose the Economy as well.

Comments

• AtibraAtibra Member Posts: 65

You're wrong, I got my cooking over 100 points only with Karma items with less than 1,000 Karma.  If I had 10x that? You should go walk around the crafting area and realize the karma items for leveling crafting doesn't cost that much at all.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by Atibra
    [mod edit] 

Dynamic Events spawn back to back to back.  As a result, a non-stop Zerg has formed for the past 1-2 days that just runs around in a giant circle completing each event.

Two of my friends joined the zerg - one went from 18-28 in 2 hours.  The other went from 20-26 in 1.5 hours.

On top of all this, each went from having approx. 2,000 Karma to having over 18,000 Karma.

The game didn't even make it 24 hours before the Exp system was broken.  Karma is also a core component in some crafting, and as such this massive influx of Karma will hose the Economy as well.

Dont see how this is broken. AN said leveling would be linear. And with level scaling to zone, you could level up in starter to 80 if you were crazy enough. So what if people want to grind. They dont have to, thats whats working.

• OutisOutis Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Also, this game is about the journey. Since everything scales you miss all the content if you PL your toons. I do not think anything is broken. What you are talking about is a playstyle others are wanting to do.

• thelabmasterthelabmaster Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Its not broken, who cares if your friends lvled by farming DE's? not me. You do realize there are many ways to lvl up. Also on the crafting stuff it gets harder because the materials be will be rarer with each tier and take longer to get to the next one. Dont like it stop playing, getting tired of seeing all of these idiotic topics. FYI its been out about 2 days you should expect problems.
  • TigerAeroTigerAero Member Posts: 127

The fact that it CAN be broken is one reason why I'm sticking with this game. It has a sort of class/pecking order to it's systems and I gravitated to it very well.

:D

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    [mod edit] 

Dynamic Events spawn back to back to back.  As a result, a non-stop Zerg has formed for the past 1-2 days that just runs around in a giant circle completing each event.

How does that make your premise of "Less than 1 Day and Leveling/Economy were broken." true?    That they've zerged around?    That they're exploiting (and it's a pretty weak exploit)?   You could go around doing that in other areas, too.   If you wanted to fast-level.  

But rising to 'broken?'    I generally think of something massive wrong, like some of the Diablo III exploits, rather than spending hours grinding the same DEs over-and-over.

• AborAbor Member Posts: 59

I don't see why this matters as you'll be scaled down in areas that you outlevel. They're missing out on DEs, areas, and etc to rush endgame for what? PVP auto levels you to 80 and there aren't any raids out. 

You have karma but no mats for crafting. 

Sounds like they removed incentives to rush 80, but you can still do it if that's important to you. 

So you're all saying that ANET intended people to be able to go from 18/20 up to 30+ in 2 hours.  You're saying that Dynamic Events should instant respawn so you are able to run around in a small circle and gain ridiculous EXP and Karma - ignoring everything else.

I'm assuming then, the cave where the dynamic event respawns instantly and you have to kill 1 mob to complete it.. thus netting people 1k exp per 2 min, is intended as well?

You're also saying that the economy is balanced around the ability for people in their 20's to earn 8,000 Karma per hour - and that there is no impact to the economy because of this?

I can only assume you guys are defending this methodology because you were involved in one of the zergs, or have a bot running at the cave.  As anyone who thinks this was intended and is not negatively impacting the game.. is blind or something..

• Gentl3ManGentl3Man Member Posts: 20

Gold is what u need to get the cool itemes sooo... np. Karma is there just for some stuff but if u want to look cool u have to work hard to get urself some gold and have those cool looking itemes no go back to playing ;/

And as it comes to lvling its not hard any way lvling is not meant to be hard or to take u long so why do u care about that part.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Bugs/exploits are Arena Nets fault... Ok, let it be so.

But don't put blame on Arena Net for other people using them, there is noone holding a gun to your friends. Blame your friends for exploiting.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

Originally posted by Gentl3Man

Gold is what u need to get the cool itemes sooo... np. Karma is there just for some stuff but if u want to look cool u have to work hard to get urself some gold and have those cool looking itemes no go back to playing ;/

And as it comes to lvling its not hard any way lvling is not meant to be hard or to take u long so why do u care about that part.

Karma is a form of currency - it's beyond just "some stuff" you can easily get every Cooking Recipe there is with that amount of Karma in 1 hour.  You can also easily purchase in massive bulk almost everything you need to level Cooking to Max with just Karma - so, beyond the abuse of instant popping events, you gain additional levels from spam crafting with the amount of karma you have.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    The DE system is kinda crappy, it auto enrolls and it's most of the PvE on offer and is very very easy. 
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

So you're all saying that ANET intended people to be able to go from 18/20 up to 30+ in 2 hours.  You're saying that Dynamic Events should instant respawn so you are able to run around in a small circle and gain ridiculous EXP and Karma - ignoring everything else.

I'm assuming then, the cave where the dynamic event respawns instantly and you have to kill 1 mob to complete it.. thus netting people 1k exp per 2 min, is intended as well?

You're also saying that the economy is balanced around the ability for people in their 20's to earn 8,000 Karma per hour - and that there is no impact to the economy because of this?

I can only assume you guys are defending this methodology because you were involved in one of the zergs, or have a bot running at the cave.  As anyone who thinks this was intended and is not negatively impacting the game.. is blind or something..

Thats not how I interpreted the responses at all.  What they are saying is what you are describing isn't a broken mechanic but is a side effect of events being dynamic.  ANet didnt intend anything other than to play.  Like other commenters said, if they get to level 80 tommorrow - they still will be no stronger than anyone else.  They cant 'over power' a lower level since your character is level scaled.

Its hard to get out of the normal (antiquated) MMO mindset that XP = power.  This is different and may be difficult to wrap your mind around the new concept.

Karma is different.  They will only be able to buy karma items related to the task that unlocked them.  So while they will have a ton of Karma they will be limited in what they can purchase - unless they go through the rest of the game to unlock higher tiers.

But we cant speak to the balance of the economy because as far as I know Trading is still not active.  We have to play a wait and see. Speculation and assumption does not equal fact.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Illyssia
    The DE system is kinda crappy, it auto enrolls and it's most of the PvE on offer and is very very easy. 

Welcome to the starter zones, where they're supposed to be easy. It's by design to allow people time to learn the combat. Call us back when you reach the level 50, 70, Orr... those areas and let us know how easy they are.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Illyssia

I see where you are coming from but its really dependent on your playstyle.  DE's can be as easy (or as hard) as you make them.  I see them only being easy when a bunch of others are running them with you and even then you can be at risk of being downed.

DEs are not the entire PvE experinece.  Can understand if you dont like the game, but if you want to give it a fair chance slow down and experience the rest of the zone.  The game is meant to be played and not rushed through.

The option is yours alone - but dont expect everyone to share your perspective.

• Gentl3ManGentl3Man Member Posts: 20

And i dont get what so bad about it not like u will be so damn OP after u get all that stuff i dont care and i play gw2.

At the end itemes will be all about looks soo...I dont get what so bad about this.

Let ppl have what they want how they want it and u play ur own way(i bet no one will give sh1t).

• KoolthuluKoolthulu Member Posts: 3

This just in.  New MMORPG has bugs. Film at 11.

Have you actually reported the bug.  Or did you have to run to the forums first?

And they are just hurting themselves anyway, for no real gain.  It's sad to see people treating this game like it's WoW.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Gentl3Man Gold is what u need to get the cool itemes sooo... np. Karma is there just for some stuff but if u want to look cool u have to work hard to get urself some gold and have those cool looking itemes no go back to playing ;/ And as it comes to lvling its not hard any way lvling is not meant to be hard or to take u long so why do u care about that part.
    Karma is a form of currency - it's beyond just "some stuff" you can easily get every Cooking Recipe there is with that amount of Karma in 1 hour.  You can also easily purchase in massive bulk almost everything you need to level Cooking to Max with just Karma - so, beyond the abuse of instant popping events, you gain additional levels from spam crafting with the amount of karma you have.

Why is this a bad thing? You can level to max level with just crafting if you have all the supplies, seems like leveling by getting the supplies yourself is fair use of the system.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Sort of broken, yes

fubar, no

clever use of game mechnics, yes

Going to be patched... most likley.

This have been a good conversation

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

People find clever ways to rush to level - their loss.

Can't wait till they move on in a month and come to MMORPG.com and say "game sux no content no end-game raids."

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241
    Guild Wars is not a PVE game, they don't intend you to slowly level your way in a huge grind, the name of the game is PVP good sir, just like GW1, maybe you should have read a bit about it before you purchased it.
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

So, if you go to the second Human Area - Kezzek Hills (15-25), the Dynamic Events spawn back to back to back.  As a result, a non-stop Zerg has formed for the past 1-2 days that just runs around in a giant circle completing each event.

Mentioned this earlier in another thread. One guy was bragging he had 10k karma and counting.[mod edit]

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Originally posted by mad-hatter
    Guild Wars is not a PVE game, they don't intend you to slowly level your way in a huge grind, the name of the game is PVP good sir, just like GW1, maybe you should have read a bit about it before you purchased it.

Bingo...

An decent sized guild can chain take things in WvW also and you get like 1/4  a level from the keep takes....

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Originally posted by Atibra So, if you go to the second Human Area - Kezzek Hills (15-25), the Dynamic Events spawn back to back to back.  As a result, a non-stop Zerg has formed for the past 1-2 days that just runs around in a giant circle completing each event.   Two of my friends joined the zerg - one went from 18-28 in 2 hours.  The other went from 20-26 in 1.5 hours. On top of all this, each went from having approx. 2,000 Karma to having over 18,000 Karma.   The game didn't even make it 24 hours before the Exp system was broken.  Karma is also a core component in some crafting, and as such this massive influx of Karma will hose the Economy as well.  
     Mentioned this earlier in another thread. One guy was bragging he had 10k karma and counting. Pretty fucking stupid if you ask me. Of course they'll defend it saying it is part of the game and blah blah blah.

So the only part that is missing is the down time between events, yes? So they're not fighting less, they're just traveling less. If these people wanted, they could run around in a zerg anywhere in the game completing DEs and the only difference is it would take them longer to travel from one DE to the next.

Now, if the DEs aren't made to spawn back to back, it should be fixed. That doesn't break the entire game. It doesn't break the entire economy either. I supposed I should expect this type of thing on these forums, but it still bugs me that people go from A to 26 with very little actual connection between the two.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by lizardbones

So the only part that is missing is the down time between events, yes? So they're not fighting less, they're just traveling less. If these people wanted, they could run around in a zerg anywhere in the game completing DEs and the only difference is it would take them longer to travel from one DE to the next.

Now, if the DEs aren't made to spawn back to back, it should be fixed. That doesn't break the entire game. It doesn't break the entire economy either. I supposed I should expect this type of thing on these forums, but it still bugs me that people go from A to 26 with very little actual connection between the two.

The point is that it is obviously broken. Fairly obvious it isn't meant to spawn that often as well as remarkable when you have such a huge group waiting for it clicking their abilities non stop to the point they actually lag the zone.

...and wtf are you going on about at the end? Did I say anywhere the game or economy is doomed? I was simply remarking that the DE is indeed broke and people are taking advantage of it. Talk about going to A to 26 yourself bud.

The OP may feel this way but I don't. Doesn't change that the event is jacked and it is lame some are taking advantage of it. Zerg or not I think it is safe to say doing events normally would mean you would have more than a couple minutes between each gathering of karma.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.