Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New NVidia drivers with GW2 improvements.

DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-306-02-beta-drivers-released/

As always, these are beta drivers use at your own risk.

Small improvement in fps for me, around 5-10 fps in Lion's Arch.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

Comments

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415

Very nice, thank you for sharing.

I am going to download and install them now.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

thnx for the tip :)

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Thanks for posting this I'm grabbing it right now.
  • AddiktedAddikted Member UncommonPosts: 33
    thanks bud
  • Stx11Stx11 Member Posts: 415
    awesome thanks!
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Thanks for the heads up.
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    hmmmm, let me know what you guys think once you've downloaded and played a little. I'd rather you risk first and I reap the rewards of your testing lol.

There Is Always Hope!

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Actaully I know most of you probably didnt look but this info was available on my launcher, it said that hardware issues detected at very top, and when I clicked it, it told me i needed to get 304 and I wqas running 301.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by sammyeli
    Actaully I know most of you probably didnt look but this info was available on my launcher, it said that hardware issues detected at very top, and when I clicked it, it told me i needed to get 304 and I wqas running 301.

But the thread is about 306. I actually already had the 304s. The 306s gave me, literally, 12 more FPS in metrica province in this place I always use to test my FPS.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Ohhhh ok perfect when I get home I'll have to do that. tahnks for the heads up.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by sammyeli

Was available on my as well during Launch (12am Midnight Aug 25) v304.  But a new set of beta drivers came out today (v306) which is what this post is pointing to.

Uncertain if the launcher will pick that up this soon (will find out when I get home).

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119
    confirmed that my 570 runs the game flawlessly now. temps dropped by 5 degrees as well. 
  • xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    Originally posted by sonoggi
    confirmed that my 570 runs the game flawlessly now. temps dropped by 5 degrees as well. 

Good to hear, what temperature does your card get  while playing the game, I have the same card so I'm trying to make comparisons. I was also running the game at 80 average fps in all areas so I'm looking forward to see what improvement it will make.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Well I am not a computer savvy person, but none of the beta drivers have helped me get above 30 FPS on med settings. I have tried both beta drivers and my FPS is all over the place but I stay mostly around 30 FPS although I have gotten up to 60. I was reading massive increases for others so it makes me wonder where I am going wrong.  I am pretty sure it is my pc though.

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 2.33 GHz

Nvida GTS 450

8 gigs of ram

Win 7 64 bit OS

Hope others are seeing good results as well.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    I'm seeing a phenomenal performance boost with these drivers on a GTX 460SE. My fps used to fluctuate between 30-60, now it almost never drops bellow 50 even with everything set to max. Right now it's at 85 fps.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

Well I am not a computer savvy person, but none of the beta drivers have helped me get above 30 FPS on med settings. I have tried both beta drivers and my FPS is all over the place but I stay mostly around 30 FPS although I have gotten up to 60. I was reading massive increases for others so it makes me wonder where I am going wrong.  I am pretty sure it is my pc though.

Nvida GTS 450

8 gigs of ram

Win 7 64 bit OS

Turn off vsync, if you haven't already.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    drivers do give an improvement on my system with my 670.. i can now run supersampling without the constant fps spikes i was getting before so Im happy:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by heartless

Nvida GTS 450

8 gigs of ram

Win 7 64 bit OS

In the Nvidia control pannel or the game. I haven't had it checked int he game client. Thax for the response.

Nvida GTS 450

8 gigs of ram

Win 7 64 bit OS

In the Nvidia control pannel or the game. I haven't had it checked int he game client. Thax for the response.

both control panel will override the ingame setting 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Do these have any improvements over the 305.67 drivers?

Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Do these have any improvements over the 305.67 drivers?

yes

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Nvida GTS 450

8 gigs of ram

Win 7 64 bit OS

Oh snap..... Yeah turning that off in the control pannel got me to 80......  from 30 to 80.......  yikes.

Originally posted by Aerowyn

Nvida GTS 450

8 gigs of ram

Win 7 64 bit OS

Oh snap..... Yeah turning that off in the control pannel got me to 80......  from 30 to 80.......  yikes.

:) 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by DanitaKusor

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-306-02-beta-drivers-released/

As always, these are beta drivers use at your own risk.

Small improvement in fps for me, around 5-10 fps in Lion's Arch.

Funny enough did I get those an hour or so before you posted this because I just randomly decided to get new drivers and the regular ones seemed old. :)