Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Gold seller spam? Hacking?

slowpoke68slowpoke68 Chicago, ILPosts: 413Member Uncommon

Watching this title closely and just curious how the gold seller spam is.  Is there any, or lots, or none?

Also, unlike D3 I haven't seen many complaints about hackers.  Really sick of the whole Blizzard target on your back security thing.

Looking good so far in these respects?

Thanks.

Comments

• fundayzfundayz Chatown, ONPosts: 463Member

1. Absolutely Zero Spam so far

2. No hacking as of yet

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Freeland, MI, MIPosts: 1,122Member
    Haven't seen any gold spam yet.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• shenfreyshenfrey LeicesterPosts: 97Member

This forum needs a quick reply.

The spammers will come, as will hacking. Just give it time, it will be intresting to see how Arenanet deal with it.

• ConnmacartConnmacart OsloPosts: 681Member Uncommon
    Seen one guy spamming gold seller crap on Far Shiverpeaks, but could have been overflow as well.
  • SoldarithSoldarith West Chester, PAPosts: 184Member

Its hard to gauge since I've spent a great deal of time in Overflow queues and not much time in large cities. That being said, however, I have not seen a single spam so far. I wouldn't be surprised though, after all this is early access.

• NeferaNefera XPosts: 426Member
    Apparently there was some site already selling gold, however their rates were far worse than what you would get from buying gems and selling them for gold, the legal way supported by ArenaNet.
  • ZinzanZinzan NorthPosts: 1,351Member
    Originally posted by shenfrey

The spammers will come, as will hacking. Just give it time, it will be intresting to see how Arenanet deal with it.

This is the inevitable truth of it, too early to tell.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• TreekodarTreekodar jlkjklPosts: 524Member
    It's most definitely possible to bot in GW2.

Eleanor Rigby.

• PalladinPalladin Atlanta, GAPosts: 426Member
    Originally posted by shenfrey

DEAL with them...target lock aquired smart missle away .... never mind any calateral damage

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Radeon 4870

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Montreal, QCPosts: 531Member
     We're talking about NCSoft , give it a week and you'll see spammers and botters roaming like no tomorrow.  They might actually put up a botting program for sale and idiots will most likely buy it and cry there are too much botting in the game. It's a viscious circle.
  • DerrosDerros Posts: 1,076Member Uncommon
    Now that I think of it, No gold spam thus far.
  • OnigodOnigod Noord-HollandPosts: 688Member
    There are no gold sellers, the chat is also heavily moderated right now. People are getting permanent bans for harrasing other players on the chat or showing other behaviour that is not normal. I hope they will continue to do this.
  • AndirAndir Columbus, OHPosts: 232Member
    Originally posted by Onigod
    There are no gold sellers, the chat is also heavily moderated right now. People are getting permanent bans for harrasing other players on the chat or showing other behaviour that is not normal. I hope they will continue to do this.

There are gold sellers.  I've gotten spam twice this weekend and someone apparently attempted to reset my password.

• dead2soondead2soon phoenix, AZPosts: 149Member
    Sadly they are probably just building up supply.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 13,636Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Andir
    Originally posted by Onigod

There are gold sellers.  I've gotten spam twice this weekend and someone apparently attempted to reset my password.

The spam is from whatever list you are on from previous purchases/interest. Let me guess... IGXE?

The password reset email was most likely a phishing attempt. For the love of all that is holy, don't click it. :)

I have about 28 hours logged for the past week and I haven't noticed any gold seller spam yet. If they do sell, they're going to have to come in far lower than the in-game rates that form from gem/gold sales. Even if they are at the same exchange rate, the option of a secure, official transaction is far more palatable to most players than going through a third party.

That being said, it's also entirely possible that, from a business perspective, there's no sense in them chancing getting their bots and cash storage accounts outed (and banned) before the AH is working and people would actually have a reason to buy from them. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• xalvixalvi brooklyn, NYPosts: 329Member
    None as of yet, because Anet patched on july 31 against this issue.
  • Master10KMaster10K LondonPosts: 3,065Member
    So far I've seen one gold seller on my server and reported the individual. That was yesterday and I haven't seen any since.

• PoufPouf St-hyacinthe, QCPosts: 341Member

So far i've seen nothing, but I see some exploits

There are some events that instant resets, and i've seen pack of 20+ people just staying ther grinding it.. so both exploiting and botting seems possible