Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First lvl 80

Comments

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    I feel sorry for the OP.  GW2 is all about smelling the roses and enjoying the content slowly.  Why even bother race to 80 when there is so much to do and look at?  For that matter, I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that the race to max level in ANY MMORGP must be done asap. 

• enoliceenolice Member UncommonPosts: 71

Im sure he enjoyed game in 30 hours and explored all their aspects - Grats on your 80 -u just wasted 50 Euro.

Whats the point? Is not mmo that kind of game to have fun with other ppl ,meet ,talk ? Not anymore ?

• ElijarhElijarh Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Why pity him.. He can pity himself for nothing.!
  • IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by Rhonen
    I feel sorry for the OP.  GW2 is all about smelling the roses and enjoying the content slowly.  Why even bother race to 80 when there is so much to do and look at?  For that matter, I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that the race to max level in ANY MMORGP must be done asap. 

I think the early 80 players will get resentment from joe and jane casual mmo player. But, since they got to 80 legit and in not many hours can't really say anything other than that the game is very easy and can be beaten fast.

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381

I spent all weekend in sPvP.....

ahhh well, guess I am doing it wrong.

WvW is a numbers game, in sPvP your pve level doesnt mean jack. Why anyone would rush this game is beyond me. Not worth losing the sleep.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

Congratulations to him on reaching level 80!

Now he has to go back and complete all the other achievements that he skipped over. That should keep him busy for a while. He's going to have to wait for others to get to 80 before he can group up to do dungeons. Fortunately he can go help his guildmates catch up and not have to worry about outleveling the content they are doing.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by enolice

Im sure he enjoyed game in 30 hours and explored all their aspects - Grats on your 80 -u just wasted 50 Euro.

Whats the point? Is not mmo that kind of game to have fun with other ppl ,meet ,talk ? Not anymore ?

Not for the post-WoW crowd...

Oh come on they just did one alnighter to get there...and with plenty of time to go out on Sunday night if they wanted to.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by FGTry

Today at 6:13PM GMT+1 Surfeuze from War Legend French guild EU server Vizuna Square reached the 80th level.
    GG

www.warlegend.net/level-80-surfeuze-guild-wars-2-vizunah-square/

screenshot:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lzz44.jpg

so?? i dont get it, why should we be impressed, because he managed to rush through the game without enjoying anything of it?

sorry bro, you're not in azeroth anymore.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by Thane
    Originally posted by FGTry

Today at 6:13PM GMT+1 Surfeuze from War Legend French guild EU server Vizuna Square reached the 80th level.
    GG

www.warlegend.net/level-80-surfeuze-guild-wars-2-vizunah-square/

screenshot:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lzz44.jpg

so?? i dont get it, why should we be impressed, because he managed to rush through the game without enjoying anything of it?

sorry bro, you're not in azeroth anymore.

How do you know they aren't enjoying the game? That seems a very arrogant statement to make. Perhaps, the acomplishment of the early 80 players has shaken your perspective of the game, after all you are the one who seems to have the problem with being able to beat GW2 fast.

• OtashiOtashi Member UncommonPosts: 78

So.. I know the guy a bit they are just friends that wanted to have a challenge for 2 days and they had great fun... then again he is NOT going to change game because he loves GW2 and they are hardcore PvPers those War Legends... they were without any doubt the first best french PvP guild in Daoc ( it was about 8-9 years ago) and now they will focus on WvWvW what about the haters stop hating ?

Only thing I'm gonna say is that Vizuna Square is gonna be the thoughest french server you guys are gonna encounter in PvP, my point is .. seeing dedicated players like those should be welcomed warmly instead... For those who are saying he missed 70% of the game, if you play GW2 you actually KNOW he can go back and the game will lvl him down just for the events/fun right ? Reaching max level doesn't mean game is over... /my2cent

• AddiktedAddikted Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Congrats.
  • PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430
    so

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Wow a level 80 in a story driven game .... Guess he has to go back now and actualy do the storyline or he could just complain on how he can't access any content cause he didn't follow the storyline

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

Congrats on 80. So many delicious tears here.

"Wah wah no life"

"Wah wah missed shallow content"

"Wah wah my special experience is somehow lessened because others choose to excel"

• LokomotivLokomotiv Member Posts: 106
    Not sure if I should be happy for the guy or sad. Anyway "This is not Azeroth anymore!", and you won't get anything special except mixed opinions and ego boost.
  • camil82camil82 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    lets just  say, some people need to get some real life, that says everything.
  • vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417
    Originally posted by Kaelano1

Congrats on 80. So many delicious tears here.

"Wah wah no life"

"Wah wah missed shallow content"

"Wah wah my special experience is somehow lessened because others choose to excel"

So true lol

Exquisite Jealousy thread

CONGRATZ TO FRENCH SURFEUZE  :)

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Silok

yes and if you look in the chat screen you see (Vous avez joué avec ce personnage pendant 32 heures 1 minute au cours de ces 1 derniers jours) in short you have played with this character for 32 hours and 1 minute for the last 1 day..

Didnt know you can played 32 hours in one day.

Yeah, that part kinda threw me for a loop too.

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643

tears are great. However, even though I don't care much about GW2 at this point, still into leveling on other MMOs.. I can honestly say I have been the "first to" max level in numerous games/server launches. I can also say, during those times I was either a.) unemployed or between jobs b.) didn't have a female companion and c.) took a 2 week vacation from work. So needless to say, if someone wants to "excel" as you say to reach max level first... more power to them.

Reference if you want to check up validity.

Komm-Draka

Komm-Auto Assault-First maxed out shaman.

Chiram-Veeshan-EQ classic, first known 50 druid. First to max after two following expansions. (Fires of Heaven Member)

Chiram-First druid to 60 in WoW, second worldwide.

Chiram-Bureaucrat-Anarchy Online. First to max level, also subsequently first to be suspended upon review of leveling speed because the nearest level ( fixer ) was 58 levels behind, had his whole guild reporting me.

DAOC-Chiram-Pak Cafan member, Lurikeen Enchanter. First worldwide to max. I later sold this account ( sadly).

So what does all this mean? Like I stated above, it takes a lack of overall responsibility in ANY aspect of life to hit max level in an MMO first ( at least for a set period of time). In today's world, I have a child and career so the only way would be vacation. Back in the day, I was a bum... much like most of the hardcore gamers today. I chose gaming as my primary concern in life over health, family and sometimes friends.

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341
    Originally posted by Chiram

tears are great. However, even though I don't care much about GW2 at this point, still into leveling on other MMOs.. I can honestly say I have been the "first to" max level in numerous games/server launches. I can also say, during those times I was either a.) unemployed or between jobs b.) didn't have a female companion and c.) took a 2 week vacation from work. So needless to say, if someone wants to "excel" as you say to reach max level first... more power to them.

Komm-Draka

Chiram-Veeshan-EQ classic, first known 50 druid. First to max after two following expansions. (Fires of Heaven Member)

Chiram-Bureaucrat-Anarchy Online. First to max level, also subsequently first to be suspended upon review of leveling speed because the nearest level ( fixer ) was 58 levels behind, had his whole guild reporting me.

DAOC-Chiram-Pak Cafan member, Lurikeen Enchanter. First worldwide to max. I later sold this account ( sadly).

So what does all this mean? Like I stated above, it takes a lack of overall responsibility in ANY aspect of life to hit max level in an MMO first ( at least for a set period of time). In today's world, I have a child and career so the only way would be vacation. Back in the day, I was a bum... much like most of the hardcore gamers today. I chose gaming as my primary concern in life over health, family and sometimes friends.

Nice! fun to see someone like you on the forums

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Originally posted by Chiram

Komm-Draka

Quite impressive. Now, be honest. Did you cheat in AO? ;) 

• byendreybyendrey Member Posts: 14

FAIL

Why would anyone be proud to power level to 80 in a game?  It sets a bad example to everyone actually.  The subtleties are what makes games enjoyable not the grind.  If you aren't taking the time to enjoy the small things along the way and pace yourself you're doing it all wrong.

The people power leveling to 80 will be the same ones complaining in a few weeks that they are bored and have nothing to do.  Well no kidding you idiots you blasted your way through the entire game like it was some kind of race.

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by byendrey

FAIL

Why would anyone be proud to power level to 80 in a game?  It sets a bad example to everyone actually.  The subtleties are what makes games enjoyable not the grind.  If you aren't taking the time to enjoy the small things along the way and pace yourself you're doing it all wrong.

The people power leveling to 80 will be the same ones complaining in a few weeks that they are bored and have nothing to do.  Well no kidding you idiots you blasted your way through the entire game like it was some kind of race.

This must be your first mmorpg.

This game is aimed squarely towards the people who want to race to endgame but then dont want to have to gridn anything at endgame.  Should be interesting as more people hit 80 to see how much people really hate having to do stuff to get better at level cap.

• MangaMaidenMangaMaiden Member Posts: 180

So what? Most of us got to level 80 in 20 mins! Next time take the pvp portal! ;P

Still crazy.. a bit pointless too. Meh, someone has to be the 'special' one I guess! XD

imageInterested to see who will reach the highest rank in pvp first though. image