Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First lvl 80

Comments

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Stupid people are stupid
  • skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

I don't understand people who rush to 80 to be first in GW2.

Rushing to the max level is something old, from a time of MMOs when hitting max level meant something, when it wasn't all to normal to even get max-level.

Today? Especially in GW2 with it's flat xp progression?
    It's about as worthy and mundane as talking to 100 npcs at the intro, or swapping weapons 50 times.
    It feels like a contest to who is first running to the toilet when you are having a drinking game.
    I'm not sure if i should congratulate him for that.

Game has changed.

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298

It's sad how MMOs have become single player fests, it's better to play a JRPG, because I can spend 300hours+ only to beat the main storyline, without even exploring the entire world and side bosses.

In my opinion a MMO is a game where there must be progression and competition all the time, and manly: you can't progress without the help of other players, and the others will need your help too, it's not a solo fest, it is a clan-alliance-community oriented game, so it is not a linear solofest where you listen to a history.

Progression and competition make an MMO, when the progression ends, the game ends. When people started calling progression "grind", and also hated the fact that you couldn't progress alone(because you needed to be suppoted by your guild all the time and you needed to support your guild mates - which is the essence of an MMO), as well as they started calling the competition among guilds for world resources "ganking", so the MMOs turned into solofests, where you reach level cap alone in 1 week max(for lazy palyers) or 3 days(for hardcore), and also the pvp was banished and restricted within arenas(mainly due to the lack of reasons, objectives and consequences for an organized massive war among guilds in open world after the themepark plague).

• Gentl3ManGentl3Man Member Posts: 20

Im not sure who told u he was 1st but its not true some other guy got lvl 80 much faster i think it was in 17h and 32 min sooooo...

sucks for that guy to go around and say that he wast 1st.

Tho I dont remeber other guys name but they did talk about him and twitch tv. The guy that got lvl 80 soo fast didint even bother to tell about it to any one his guild just was talking about him.

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
    I suppose congrats on nothing are in order. Not like this is EQ and he is getting to farm what would be contested territory. So was it done in shifts of people or was it one of these kids who are going to literally die at the keyboard on 14 monster binge?
  • ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

I guess he was really excited about the game and couldn't log off. :P

Cheers.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361
  • FinnMcCoolFinnMcCool Member Posts: 34
    I bet that really must have impressed the chicks down the pub when he told them that he was the first lvl 80 in GW2
  • anemisanemis Member Posts: 39
    OMG!! Already??

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I have to wonder how.

My guess would be feeding him massive amounts of crafting mats together with non-stop play, possibly dungeon grinding. But even then it is pretty crazy.

I know people like him are probably just doing it as a sort of race. Still, I don't really condone racing to the cap.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

I have to wonder how.

My guess would be feeding him massive amounts of crafting mats together with non-stop play, possibly dungeon grinding. But even then it is pretty crazy.

I know people like him are probably just doing it as a sort of race. Still, I don't really condone racing to the cap.

Agree.. It is a game not a fast lvling race. It is not fun when ppl being to much ambitions

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Abor

What the hell is wrong with you people? The player wanted to reach level 80 as soon as possible and that's his perogative. What's with the negative attacks? That he must want some giant epeen or that he's a loser in real life? You sound like jealous dolts who insult others' successes to feel good about yourself. 

People just lack the capability to grasp the concept that someone else wanted to play the game in a different way. They just assume that their way of enjoying the game is the only one. That's why they say he is sad while all the pity should go their way.

Or there's always the possibility that they are just spiteful and evil!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Originally posted by lordkisame
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

I have to wonder how.

Agree.. It is a game not a fast lvling race. It is not fun when ppl being to much ambitions

I completely disagree. How someone else decides to level has no impact on my fun what so ever. So why should I care?

As to how he did it crafting exp scales based on level from what I have seen/experienced. And cooking, while alittle expensive at first is by far the highest exp of the bunch. Here's a hint since you can level down and do content without being to "op" for it. Save all of yourcooking shit while your leveling. Go out of your way to harvest if you need to. Then, when you are gathering the last tier of items go ahead and use up thoes mats. Remember to do all of the "research" ones. Tons of exp and good skillups for it so you dont waste as many mats. Oh one more hint, I cant remember the skill level but I think its around 200 some. Use your karma and do chocolate bar + oranges untill it doesnt give skillups anymore. I dont know if that one is bugged or what but its giving insane exp atm.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by FGTry

Today at 6:13PM GMT+1 Surfeuze from War Legend French guild EU server Vizuna Square reached the 80th level.
    GG

www.warlegend.net/level-80-surfeuze-guild-wars-2-vizunah-square/

screenshot:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lzz44.jpg

Lol, I thought it woulnt happen until tonight. :)

My thief is just level 15 but I explored, crafted and had a good time. :D

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by xenogias

I completely disagree. How someone else decides to level has no impact on my fun what so ever. So why should I care?

Yeah, you paid for it and as long as you try to enjoy it as much as you can you are (probably) playing it right. 

• shenfreyshenfrey Member UncommonPosts: 114
  • GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Originally posted by Piiritus

Well, 80 levels in a bit more than 30 hours is kinda quick. It took longer for world first even in Rift if I remember correctly and that game was ultra easy to level.

Edit: Personally I think that achievments like this are brainless. Games should be for entertainment.

Thats his entertainment getting server firsts. Everyone plays differant

• VoltjeVoltje Member Posts: 20
    You sir are doing it wrong!  ^^  .... oooh yaaay im 80 ... but have you enjoyed it? has it not become a total grind?  when i will play it thursday its going to take me hours for me to lv 10 ^^ 

[CENTER]image

Originally posted by CalmOceans

I don't play the game, was just interested in the thread.

Just wanted to point that people who assume this character was played by one person are likely mistaken. People who choose to do this use 2 or more players, when one goes to sleep, the other plays the character.

Yup this is true. When EQ back in 01 released the Sullen Zek server PVP based on Good Newt Evil. Me and my friend rotated playing time so we were be one of the top people on the server. I slept he played he slept i played.

Originally posted by Voltje
    You sir are doing it wrong!  ^^  .... oooh yaaay im 80 ... but have you enjoyed it? has it not become a total grind?  when i will play it thursday its going to take me hours for me to lv 10 ^^ 

well now he can enjoy the game without the dumb grind that is lvling

Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by xenogias

Yeah, you paid for it and as long as you try to enjoy it as much as you can you are (probably) playing it right. 

OK…
    I believe there are lots of players who disagree with me but I think ambitious ppl brings the goldsellers and cheaters together.  I dont mind and care anothers lvl ing or playing choose but If those who lvling fast (and also has a huge time and chace to play) overfill the dungeons or events, than yes It effects my gameplay and my fun..
    Thats what I think and maybe you will get it clearer than before.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

To all those crying about the person who reached level 80 ; Who's the real idiot?  The one that reached 80 in under 48 hours , or the cry babies currently playing GW2 that are bitching over this and will jump onto the next MMO release? ie : ArcheAge. 

Good job to the frenchie and his buds.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Great. At least we can finish this topic now.

Racing to 80 in an MMO is like watching a video while pressing the fast forward button all the time. But whatever, he is 80, he wanted to be the first, he made it. I really don't care but gratz anyway. And my condolence to all the others with the same goal who didn't make it. ;)

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Loke666 Originally posted by xenogias I completely disagree. How someone else decides to level has no impact on my fun what so ever. So why should I care?
    OK…I believe there are lots of players who disagree with me but I think ambitious ppl brings the goldsellers and cheaters together.  I dont mind and care anothers lvl ing or playing choose but If those who lvling fast (and also has a huge time and chace to play) overfill the dungeons or events, than yes It effects my gameplay and my fun..Thats what I think and maybe you will get it clearer than before.

Its just like the real world, many different people do many different things. Some not in line with what you believe, some even hinder what you beleive.

But in this case: is it against the ToS to level super fast to 80? No.

He has a right to do that. it doesn't mater the consequences if its within the rules.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Anthur

Great. At least we can finish this topic now.

Racing to 80 in an MMO is like watching a video while pressing the fast forward button all the time. But whatever, he is 80, he wanted to be the first, he made it. I really don't care but gratz anyway. And my condolence to all the others with the same goal who didn't make it. ;)

Totally agree with you =)

Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by xenogias I completely disagree. How someone else decides to level has no impact on my fun what so ever. So why should I care?
    OK…I believe there are lots of players who disagree with me but I think ambitious ppl brings the goldsellers and cheaters together.  I dont mind and care anothers lvl ing or playing choose but If those who lvling fast (and also has a huge time and chace to play) overfill the dungeons or events, than yes It effects my gameplay and my fun..Thats what I think and maybe you will get it clearer than before.

Its just like the real world, many different people do many different things. Some not in line with what you believe, some even hinder what you beleive.

But in this case: is it against the ToS to level super fast to 80? No.

He has a right to do that. it doesn't mater the consequences if its within the rules.

OMG..
    Guys.. Of course IT is clear and fair and everyone has right to do this.. And as for me, it is a grate succsess and a big gratz to the guy and his guild or budys..
    That is not what I mean, MY gaming style is playing it savouringly not ambitiously. And I justify that lvling up fast is killing the game experience or fun or lets say games aim..
    Thats all