Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 is the Best Online Game I Have Ever Played

2»

Comments

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by dbgager
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
    I always love these posts when a new MMO comes out, and people can't see past their built in human psychology to realize that they only think its so awesome because its new and fresh and exciting.  Give it a month, probably two and 80% of those people wont be sitting around going "Man this is the best game evar!?!!! omg no game is this great teehee!!!1!"

Of course your initial reaction is often better than after you have played many many hours. But I also have played games that I could tell from the moment I started I was going to hate so a good reaction is still a good reaction.

This is exactly right. With tor i knew it by the time I finished the first class story line. It's all subjective though.  Some people love other games I can't stand, so I don't expect everyone to agree on this one. Hell I'm mostly a themepark hater too.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    Originally posted by Tibernicus
    Originally posted by Deathenger

The trolls can already smell your happiness are are on their was as we speak.

Glad you like it, I'm feelin ya. Food break over, back to the game!

Yes, because everyone with a differing opinion HAS to be a troll.

Not at all, I was refering to "people" like the last poster on the second page.

Thanks

So he is a troll for saying the truth?

Do you know how much time i saw people trying a new mmo and after a couples of days saying : this is the best mmo ever!!, still one month later the same peoples come and bash the game because there is not enough content after they have hit max lvl?

I tried the game a beta and i do like what i saw. Will i buy it? yes but not now i will after all fuss of the release. Will i enjoy it? surely, but that doesnt mean i will stick to it.

No mmo these days can get my attention for too long, the progression is way too fast and this is what i like about a game the progression... not the end game thing.

So the guy is a troll? i dont think so.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I logged about 150 hours during the beta process and already have close to 30 hours /played, (actually, in GW2, it's /Age) and I have to agree with the thread topic. This is the best online game I've ever played.

There have been a few technical issues. I really want to see the trading post working asap. The Overflow issues for groups were annoying, but the ability to join friends in their overflow was working most of the time tonight, so they've made a lot of progress there. I know some people are still having some connection issues and occassionally I end up in an Overflow server with a little server lag, but those things aside I haven't really seen any bugs.

I can forgive the issues, because I alwys expects similar issues when a new MMO launches, but also because the game is just so much fun to play that I really don't care.

Time flies by like you can't believe with this game!

The world is also massive. I completed Queensland, the Human starting zone, at about the 22 hour mark. I did do some crafting and I explored Divinity's Reach/Lion's Arch. I also did a very small amount of content in a couple other starting zones. However, I couldn't believe I had spent 22 hours, had a blast the entire time and had only completed one of the 25 PvE zones in the game. The last third of Queensdale was slightly rushed for the zone completion achievment, so I know there is still a fair amount in the zone I haven't seen and many dynamic events I have yet to stumble upon.

This is the game I've been waiting for since I started playing MMOs almost 14 years ago, but while I enjoy GW2 in the months and hopefully years ahead, I can dream of an MMO that builds upon what GW2 does right and moves the genre forward towards some new ideal. As much as I love this game, I think this excites me almost as much, that GW2 has broken the stagnation that has afflicted the MMO genre since the release of WoW and has proven the value of innovation.

Well, break time is over, back to Tyria...

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• ololuluololulu Member UncommonPosts: 164
    I preordered and couldn't play yet since i'm at work in the middle of nowhere. The sad part is that i have to be here for 1 more week before i can go back home and sit there playing GW2.
  • HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Stereo scopic 3D, never seen a MMO this beautiful and well done in 3D.

Playing: varies every day it seems.

• felchawefelchawe Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by ololulu
    I preordered and couldn't play yet since i'm at work in the middle of nowhere. The sad part is that i have to be here for 1 more week before i can go back home and sit there playing GW2.

You are not missing anything

- you are just missing saying OMG everytime you go to a new city

- You are just missing The epicness of the well scripted dynamic events

- You Are just missing The Epicness of the story quests

- You are just missing The Amazing WvWvW

- PvP yes i was a hater for it before this game but in GW2 sPVP Rocks

-  You are missing the first ever MMO that gives you the "Gear oh who needs it lets just play

- First Ever Game to give me satisfaction Leveling a crafting

hahaha so sum this up you ar not missing anything :P

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I always love these posts when a new MMO comes out, and people can't see past their built in human psychology to realize that they only think its so awesome because its new and fresh and exciting.  Give it a month, probably two and 80% of those people wont be sitting around going "Man this is the best game evar!?!!! omg no game is this great teehee!!!1!"

Too bad I never even got that much enjoyment out of Rift or SWTOR or TSW.  I can tell when a game will keep my interest for a while.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    This game may be a Fantasy Players dream. which is good, that genre diserves something good so maybe... just maybe... they will stop making a million Fantasy games and switch to Sci Fi and Modern Day.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• PravanaPravana Member Posts: 48

Not following you. Its only natural to be excited and the "new game smell" will wear off. I'm sure they know this. Is really that bad to experince the thrill?

I'm going to enjoy myself while it lasts. Also what you said can also apply to relationships as well.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Pravana

Not following you. Its only natural to be excited and the "new game smell" will wear off. I'm sure they know this. Is really that bad to experince the thrill?

I'm going to enjoy myself while it lasts. Also what you said can also apply to relationships as well.

Would the other side of the debate remain civil had someone posted "GW2 is the worst OL game I"ve played"? Judging by typical reaction I'd say no.

A few people in this thread have baited the other side to chime in, almost like they're just waiting to pounce. I think it has something to do with the territory, but I could be wrong.

From now on I'll just look at both sides as haters doing their hating (just calling it like I see it). I'll just keep playing fun games.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689

Decent game, epic not at all to me. When I forst logged into DAOC, lost in a world, actually talking to people next to me lost as can be, figuring the game out together, leveling together, making mistakes together, RvRing together, dieing together, etc etc etc. That was epic. The first time I ran to Jeuno in FFXI, trying to avoid death the whole way, taking a ship from Selbina to Mhaura, and pirates attacking the boat at night, that was epic. First relic raid, and many more after that in DAOC, that was epic.

Following a mini map to a big circle, watching 2 swords go towards a shield icon, sadly isn t epic, no one talking at all, isn t epic, group mates on our home server, and i m stuck in overflow isn t epic.

It s a fun game, but epic it s not IMO. I can see alot of fun times ahead, but I truly see in a week or 2 I ll play this a day max a week.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Deto123

Decent game, epic not at all to me. When I forst logged into DAOC, lost in a world, actually talking to people next to me lost as can be, figuring the game out together, leveling together, making mistakes together, RvRing together, dieing together, etc etc etc. That was epic. The first time I ran to Jeuno in FFXI, trying to avoid death the whole way, taking a ship from Selbina to Mhaura, and pirates attacking the boat at night, that was epic. First relic raid, and many more after that in DAOC, that was epic.

Following a mini map to a big circle, watching 2 swords go towards a shield icon, sadly isn t epic, no one talking at all, isn t epic, group mates on our home server, and i m stuck in overflow isn t epic.

It s a fun game, but epic it s not IMO. I can see alot of fun times ahead, but I truly see in a week or 2 I ll play this a day max a week.

I must say it. +1 for this post.

• dbgagerdbgager Member UncommonPosts: 175

DAOC has turned into a game that is just about RvR..and it not very epic at all anymore. Level up to max level in a couple of days..in the Battlegrounds. Not much of a game anymore. A mere shadow of what it once was. Its the definition of a game that is completelly about  the destination, and not the journey to get there.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

+1 to this post tittle.

I agree.

imageimage

imageimage

• XPraetorianXXPraetorianX Member CommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by donjn

Been waiting for that "feeling". That "first step into Stormwind" feeling. I had it with Ultima Online, then World of Warcraft. Now, finally, it happened again. Oddly enough it happened watching my son go into the Black Citadel home of the Charr. We looked up, and thought "this is beyond epic".

Everything about this game was well thought out.

Agree

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by donjn
    Been waiting for that "feeling". That "first step into Stormwind" feeling. I had it with Ultima Online, then World of Warcraft. Now, finally, it happened again. Oddly enough it happened watching my son go into the Black Citadel home of the Charr. We looked up, and thought "this is beyond epic".Everything about this game was well thought out. 

Over the course of this weekend, this game has grown on me quite a bit.
    I finally met up with my co workers and we all re rolled alts and started over. It was a blast.

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689
    Originally posted by dbgager

DAOC has turned into a game that is just about RvR..and it not very epic at all anymore. Level up to max level in a couple of days..in the Battlegrounds. Not much of a game anymore. A mere shadow of what it once was. Its the definition of a game that is completelly about  the destination, and not the journey to get there.

And? I m talking about what was an epic feeling, not how it is now. GW2 to me doesn t give an epic feel at all.

• lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260
    i love the wvw brings back my daoc days all we need now is guild cloaks and the ASQ guild banners flying high on the battlements :))
  • SandbloxSandblox Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Too bad I never even got that much enjoyment out of Rift or SWTOR or TSW.  I can tell when a game will keep my interest for a while.

I agree with what Eir S says....

Look of course when something is new and shiny people will be excied, that is plain common sense and understanding us as a people....so no big bomb drop there...

What you fail to take notice of beyond your own cynicism is that a great many people may get excited for a new game (can be many things though of course) and can tell fairly quickly that it is not all they had hoped for. 

Take for example TOR, I knew within ONE day that I hated the game....all my excitment went down the drain within hours due to how horrible I felt that game was, so much so that I dropped it. 

Or how about TSW? I really liked the game at first but it took a brief time playing in Kingsmouth for me to see that while I loved the story and setting the combat killed me to the point I dreaded aggroing mobs because it was just so damn boring. 

GW2 is different in that I was hyped...and I played the beta events, the stress tests and I got that magical feeling that only EQ, WoW and EARLY EQ2 gave me....I have put in alot of time as it is with GW2 and it still amazes me and gives me that "home" feeling...just very organic. 

I have played MMOs since EQ1 came out, it is very easy for me to get excited about a game, try it and know very quickly if the game is a keeper or not. GW2 for me is a keeper not because it is new but because it is good and what I have been looking for in a mmo for years. 

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Played Wow since launch havent tought about it the 1st time i loged in GW2.
    Arenanet did it.

Hype is off for me, played this weekend for 15 hours a day, iam exploring like madman, doing WvW the other part of the day, cant get enough :)

This is going to be the one for me for many years to come.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

The magical moment happened for me when playing the Major Event on the first Norn area. The Charr Shaman main event and all related events felt like something I have never seen before to which the best thing I could compare it would be raids. 

Major events as it seems have a special listing such as near ascalon for the Charr starter area or the Maw for the Norn starter area. In my Charr start I only saw it as "remains calm" but when doing the Norn area I had the luck to enjoy such an awesome chain of events that eventually cascaded into an awesome main course. The full extent and best usage of the dynamic events feature.

That magical moment is when "epic" is just an understatement when describing it.