Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 things about GW2 that make you wanna play it

Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262
I know very little about GW2 but I've been thinking about buying it.  The price tag is kind of high so I figured I'd appeal to the MMORPG community and ask...what is it (that is a new concept or a nice twist on an old one) that makes you enjoy GW2?

Comments

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

Nothing really new imo. Just how it present's everything, no quest hub. DE's are like an instant quest hub with a mini list of crap to do. can send all crafting material's to your bank from anywhere. Combat isn't the same old stand there and hit your rotation, ala wow, rift, lotro, and aion when i played them. I really like the fact pvp isn't so gear orientated like other games, aka who has more time get's the better gear. Also you get exp for just about everything you do from crafting, pvp, exploration, to your DE's and heart quest's. Imo also heart quest's are kinda like a primer to how DE's play  out. A-net has seemed to create a fun game without the grind many of us are sick of.

Ps my biggest complaint is your chr is no longer dual classed like in gw1.

• jackwu10jackwu10 Member Posts: 127

- no sub

- art style

- casual

- not gear dependent

- well designed world

just my thought, if they can put tera sexy ladies in this game.. max power.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    1. World moves around you.
    2. Backward compatibility / longevity: PvE, PvP and crafting.
    3. Variety of builds per profession.
    4. World is massive with a lot of different things to do.
    5. DEs, including bosses etc., promote not only engaging content but allow "solo" players to do things constantly with others.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by jackwu10
    - no sub

- art style

- casual

- not gear dependent

- well designed world

That is the most well balanced and straight forward answer i have ever seen from a guild wars 2 supporter.

Good work dude!

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    -The world feels vibrant and alivd, perfect mix between art and realistic movement.

-its acasual game but its not holding my hands

-Combat is easy to learn but hard to master.

-sepperate rooms for everyone, story, pve, wvwvw an spvp crafti g minigames, can be seen as different games. More different kinds of content then in any game before

-no sub

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)