Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

System Requirements

123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Haven't seen anyone give a definite answere yet so I will tell you guys how my play experience went, or rather didn't.  The statement that ps2 should be playable on 5 year old computers is absolutely untrue.  The game might load for you after 5 minutes but it will not be playable. 

Tried the game out on two seperate machines.  

older machine about 5 years old: 3.2 dual core w/ 9800 gtx = about 4 fps unplayable

newer machine about 2.5 years old: 2.5 quad core w/ 220 gtx = about 10-18 fps also unplayable

fyi this is with the graphics on the lowest possible settings

time to build a new machine again....

Comments

• Tedly224Tedly224 Member Posts: 164

I'm sad to agree with this.

I got into the beta and while I could move around and look around and everything, my FPS was abysmal.

System - older 64 Athlon dual core 4400, 4 gigs of ram, Nvidia 8800 GTS cards (2) SLI linked.

Before you point and laugh, yeah, I know it's old but I can run Skyrim on highest settings with particles and shdows reduced by one step away from highest with Zero frame rate issues. Other MMO's, first person shooters, etc, I have no issues taking things to max. Again, if a game is even thinking of running at 40 FPS I simply adjust the shadows and particles by a notch while leaving everything else maxed, and game on.

It's just this game. Sony came up with a brand new Engine developed In-house for this game and it's supposedly going to be used for EQ Next, but it's a huge step away from being optimized. Or something.

Jamming down to lowest settings, I still had choppy performance. And I can't figure out how they're gonna make their money when there's a tremendous amount of gamers like me that have similar systems.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

"It's just this game. Sony came up with a brand new Engine developed In-house for this game and it's supposedly going to be used for EQ Next, but it's a huge step away from being optimized. Or something."

It is a beta. Not in the "this game is almost complete and we want publicity" sense, but in the sense that Sony will be making radical changes ot the game and engine based on tester feedback beta. The game is far from complete, far from release, and it would be incredibly foolish to judge what the final product may be based on the current state of the game.