Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 is the Best Online Game I Have Ever Played

donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816

Been waiting for that "feeling". That "first step into Stormwind" feeling. I had it with Ultima Online, then World of Warcraft. Now, finally, it happened again. Oddly enough it happened watching my son go into the Black Citadel home of the Charr. We looked up, and thought "this is beyond epic".

Everything about this game was well thought out.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

shush you aren't allowed to say stuff like this here.. haven't you heard??? :P

anyway I do agree most fun MMO I have played in honestly can't remember how long.. just exploring any of the races cities is an experience on its own

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

The trolls can already smell your happiness are are on their was as we speak.

Glad you like it, I'm feelin ya. Food break over, back to the game!

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Ill have to make a diplomatic trip out there :) Divinity's Reach is great as well, it's just massive.

As someone who likes all aspects of a game that is done well I know I'll be busy for some time.
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    I envy you, 4 hrs till i can get into it, not getting any sleep tonight.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Spent all day playing today hit lvl 13 (Taking my time) I Don't think i really got a grasp just how huge this game is until i opened up the map and saw 3% world explored, 3%!!!! lol 

This is without question the best MMO i have ever played, for me its all about immersion and i constantly have to stop in game and just look around, The attention to detail they put into this game is unreal and like nothing ever seen in a MMO. The epic scale is incredible as well, devintiys reach is just, WOW.... Really loving every aspect GW2 has to offer. O yeah the combat is intense, No auto pilot in this game, you have to earn every kill.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• dbgagerdbgager Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Its still downloading for me. I will probably play tomorrow. But I am looking forward to it. Its at 27%. I have a 5MB connection. Probably going to take another 4 hours. Which will be 2 AM here. Will be snoring by then.
  • AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by donjn

Been waiting for that "feeling". That "first step into Stormwind" feeling. I had it with Ultima Online, then World of Warcraft. Now, finally, it happened again. Oddly enough it happened watching my son go into the Black Citadel home of the Charr. We looked up, and thought "this is beyond epic".

Here here !!

As a huge fan of TSW ( Which I still love ) I can't help but think that I like GW2 much more! WTF is up with this game and the hold it has on us gamers??? Heeeeeeeellllp!

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

So sad i have to work today, the past 2 days i played non-stop only stopping for sleep and food, level 25 now :) Could be a lot higher but i sure do like exploring, haha.

I can't say I had that feeling of amazement again, but am i hooked? hell yes, first MMO I've genuinely enjoyed in quite a few years.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    I'm sitting here knowing I have to be at work at 6am and it's hard to put it down lol. 
  • MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

This game is fantastic for sure.  The way I know I'm loving it? I just play and have a blast.  Hours go by.  I get sucked into world events like crazy.  WvW is so much fun I can't believe it.  Several times I got into these large battles where we fought it out clear across the map... Just running and fighting.  I didn't know if I would like it, but I can blow whole days just doing that aspect.  Best of all, I can't wait to keep exploring.  The game world is mind blowing to me.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I know this much, I've logged some serious time into this game since midnight Friday, and I can't seem to stop playing!

• ajayazirajayazir Member Posts: 108

Haha damn, I remember that feeling stepping into Jeuno the first time and seeing all the players running around or parked selling stuff. Sadly I haven't had that feeling since, best part about this game for me is that there are no mounts. I always believed that bringing mounts into any mmo destroyed the sense of scale and exploration, I walked in MMO's even if they offered mounts just to enjoy the scenery.

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

+1

Best MMO I have played.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

I have  major issue with the game: don't have any char slots damnit & want to try all the classes!!!

Game is fun and while not perfect feels highly polished.

• ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179

what i appreciate is the title of the thread. everyone (EVRYONE) is entitled to an opinion (not claiming it's the greatest game ever) and no one's feelings are invalid. if GW2 is the best online experience the OP has had, then ArenaNet can consider what they've created a success. whether i think that or not is irrelevant. despite some broken systems right now, i can at least understand some of the enthusiasm. enjoy your game.

cheers mate!

• donjndonjn Member UncommonPosts: 816

I assumed I would be hit by trolls but am happy with how many people feel like me.

Now, back to the game!

• TibernicusTibernicus Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by Deathenger

Yes, because everyone with a differing opinion HAS to be a troll.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I just spent about 40 minutes doing a Metrica Province jump puzzle and even though I didn't gain a level and got mediocre loot, I had a great time. This game really makes you think sometimes, even if the thinking has to be done on your feet. I feel like the Metrica Provice jump puzzle has to be done by all new players as it's a prime example of how the game is designed. There are hidden passages and events and puzzles all over the place but if you treat it like a typical WoW clone, you'll miss out on a lot of fun.

GW2 is not the next comming of Christ but it's a damn fun game.

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428

Just not feeling it. I want to feel that. But honestly, after about 15 mintues i have to force myself to stay on. I am hoping it gets better, alot better.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    I always love these posts when a new MMO comes out, and people can't see past their built in human psychology to realize that they only think its so awesome because its new and fresh and exciting.  Give it a month, probably two and 80% of those people wont be sitting around going "Man this is the best game evar!?!!! omg no game is this great teehee!!!1!"

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• dbgagerdbgager Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
    I always love these posts when a new MMO comes out, and people can't see past their built in human psychology to realize that they only think its so awesome because its new and fresh and exciting.  Give it a month, probably two and 80% of those people wont be sitting around going "Man this is the best game evar!?!!! omg no game is this great teehee!!!1!"

Of course your initial reaction is often better than after you have played many many hours. But I also have played games that I could tell from the moment I started I was going to hate so a good reaction is still a good reaction.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

image image same here when i walked into the Black Citadel! Oh Your God it was awesome! (oh your god is a phrase i've loved from bender from futurama for years, just a phrase image)

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by Tibernicus

Not at all, I was refering to "people" like the last poster on the second page.

Thanks

• EvokerzEvokerz Member UncommonPosts: 37

I agree, Black Citadel is just epic! Black Citadel and Rata Sum that is.

Divinity reach is just plain kingdom looking, not as epic as Black Citadel and Rata Sum.

• kalrhaelkalrhael Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by Tibernicus

Not at all, I was refering to "people" like the last poster on the second page.

Thanks

lol.

I'm a troll because I realize the wisdom of not jumping to conclusions?

It isn't like every other mmo the past few years didn't suffer from the same jump to conclusion, no sir... not a one of them...