Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously, how do you turn off the Ability Delay

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
I am tired of the ability delay in GW2. seriously, how do you turn down the queue, or at least turn it off completely?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• DarnRightDarnRight Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    I am tired of the ability delay in GW2. seriously, how do you turn down the queue, or at least turn it off completely?

I have none. You sure it's not lag? Things run well for me.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

Are you talking about the delay from the auto attack caused by the first ability? If so I think you can disable it by ctrl + right clicking the ability? I could be wrong on the button presses but if you hover over the skill it will display something along those lines in the tooltip.

After that is disabled you're just going to have to time your number 1 ability from here on out.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    None here either... playing flawlessly. The OP knows darn well there is no ability delay

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by bestever

lol what delay are you talking about? Not having that issue at all.

the delay is if ability 1 is in the middle of an attack, and you press 2 you have to wait for 1 to finish and 2 will be queued to begin once that ability is completed.

The problem is that auto attack will keep going until you queue something up so the odds are that you are going to be queueing a skill during that time period. you can turn off auto attack or turn it on for any of the attack abilities so it's just a matter of convenience (auto attack) versus performance via precision timing (no auto attack)

• HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234
    No delay here either.

Playing: varies every day it seems.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Its probably lag.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    I have had no ability delay at all. OPExposed as a blind hater.
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Some auto attack chains also have a cast time such as the 3rd ability of Guardian's hammer. I can't remember if that is cancelled by another ability but most of the time they are.
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

I don't think he's talking about skills not firing off, but maybe ability queing..

He wants to be able to stop his basic attack mid-cast to use something else maybe. Right now you have to finish the cast and then fire off the wanted skill..

I don't know tho, might be off on this one.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• maddbomber83maddbomber83 Member Posts: 422
    Originally posted by VirgoThree

the delay is if ability 1 is in the middle of an attack, and you press 2 you have to wait for 1 to finish and 2 will be queued to begin once that ability is completed.

The problem is that auto attack will keep going until you queue something up so the odds are that you are going to be queueing a skill during that time period. you can turn off auto attack or turn it on for any of the attack abilities so it's just a matter of convenience (auto attack) versus performance via precision timing (no auto attack)

Suprised by how many people... wait nm.  This guy ^^  nailed it on the head what the OP is talking about.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

... are you asking for the ability to cancel out any ability instantaneously (Like a roman cancel in a fighting game) to switch to a different move...

.... or the ability to fire off abilities as quickly as cooldown is finished, with no animation time for moves?

... or is this another question altogether?

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I just downloaded and used another app TCP optimizer it's improved my connection to the net.

I use gamebooster (free) for freeing up memory. 

I too had ability lag until i optimized my connection to the net, then they went away even with lotsa people around me.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

I think you're looking for the SWTOR forums. 

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by VirgoThree

When you're auto attacking with #1 on Auto-Attack and queue up any other attack they fire.  

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    the queue ensures that you are going to fire off the next move as soon as possible, you can't be any faster without it, because some moves simply have animation time you have to wait for.  It's not going to change, and may even be a part of balancing abilities (I know mmos where it is).