Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW 2 tops XFire rankings

YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

http://www.xfire.com/genre/mmo/massively_multiplayer_online/

I personally don't feel that GW 2 is all that good but I have to say that, beating WoW in XFire is no small feat. That is better than SW:TOR did, at launch, and that game sold almost 2 million copies. So I would wager to say that GW 2 will sell more than 2 million by the end of the month.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    not just beating it but almost doubling it..  I don't care much for x-fire numbers but either way congrats GW2:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    This does not surprise me.  Never seen so many people playing in an mmo before.  
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    This does not surprise me.  Never seen so many people playing in an mmo before.  

yea considering how enormous the main cities are and for them to still be filled with people is a nice sight

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by Aori
    Suprise!! a superhyped B2P game topped xfire charts on server opening.. seriously?

The think is, that GW2 did what no other MMO out there did at launch ( or after )! Beated WoW on Xfire! Yes, is about Xfire here, so take "easy" , but still .. it's something, isn't it?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• loradoveloradove Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Locking thread. The same topic has been posted several times, see: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/362488/GW2-Number-1-MMO-on-XFire.html 
This discussion has been closed.