Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how's the game treating people so far? (poll)

MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Well, I saw a lot of people being unhappy over the first day, but the servers seem to have gotten a lot more stable.  They've also been patching up some of the problems that were going on, pretty quickly from what I saw.

So, I thought I'd use a poll, since it's hard to gauge just how many people are satisfied/unsatisfied just by reading random posters.  So, how happy are you with GW2 so far?

Comments

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    Voted Satisfied - after they fix the guild issues and trading post, I couldn't be any happier with the state of the game.
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by Nefera
    Voted Satisfied - after they fix the guild issues and trading post, I couldn't be any happier with the state of the game.

ditto

I miss DAoC

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Extremely satisfied.  The game lived up to all the hype for me and it's one of the few games all of my friends play and we're having a blast.  
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Extremely satisfied so far.  It's not the best leveling experience I've ever had but it's fairly close.
  • CcDohlCcDohl Member Posts: 65
    The WvWvW stuff is just a huge zerg fest. Very disappointed.
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Underneath the thin veneer of "differences", the game is basically more of the same game that's been regularly offered to the community over the last several years.  It's unbelieveably easy, players are hitting level cap within 2 days played, overly-instanced, separates the gameworld into mini-themepark areas.

It's got its fair share of technical problems as well.  WvW is a zerg, overall a terrible community as well.

Pretty disappointing, "more of the same" for a game that came with a manifesto.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    if they could jsut fix the lag, and disconects issue.  Can't finish certain events in overflow, storyline is bugged wont complete. customer support answer was to reroll and change servers.
  • TigerAeroTigerAero Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by Nevulus
    if they could jsut fix the lag, and disconects issue.  Can't finish certain events in overflow, storyline is bugged wont complete. customer support answer was to reroll and change servers.

I've had 2 bugs, one in starting area and one in WvWvW (stayling alive for 1-2 minutes after death) both times they said for me to reroll.

/sigh

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Satisfied
    The game is good, I'm enjoying myself.
    But I have one thing that really really bugs the you know what out of me.

That voice in Divinity's Reach...you know. That laughing guy.
    "EEHHH! HEHEHHH! AHH! HAHAHHHH!"

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Satisfied Meow.

The first day... Anet let themselves down a bit I think. They coulda done better. And I am not a fan of the constant requeuing to get back on to my server, or how hard it is for me to get some WvW.

BUT...

The game is a LOT of fun. It is diverse in what it offers and it (to me) is great to look at. I am loving it.The postives massively outweigh the negatives so far.

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689
    Satisfied---almost disatisfied. It s an extremely average game, for being the next big thing.
  • JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I voted satisfied.

Would have gone with extremely satisfied if the trading post was operational and the guild display bug/inability to represent guild you started etc was fixed

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    Satisfied, they need to fix things like the trading post.
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Extremely satisfied.

We got some hiccups but most people saw that coming with the popularity of the title.

Tch issues aside, I am finding the game to be so much fun that I have now had my single longest play spurt since 2001. It just makes me want more.

• MorgarenMorgaren Member UncommonPosts: 397
    Originally posted by Rohn

Underneath the thin veneer of "differences", the game is basically more of the same game that's been regularly offered to the community over the last several years.  It's unbelieveably easy, players are hitting level cap within 2 days played, overly-instanced, separates the gameworld into mini-themepark areas.

It's got its fair share of technical problems as well.  WvW is a zerg, overall a terrible community as well.

Seriously, you must be a jaded player. a "thin veneer of difference" You realize its still an MMORPG right? So It's not going to have things like FPS dynamics, or side scrolling 1v1 fights with health bars at the top.

This game does so many things differently while keeping enough same that it is familiar and fun. Voted extremely satisfied, trading post needs to be fixed, but I can wait a while so the economy fluffs up enough.

• CcDohlCcDohl Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Morgaren

Seriously, you must be a jaded player. a "thin veneer of difference" You realize its still an MMORPG right? So It's not going to have things like FPS dynamics, or side scrolling 1v1 fights with health bars at the top.

This game does so many things differently while keeping enough same that it is familiar and fun. Voted extremely satisfied, trading post needs to be fixed, but I can wait a while so the economy fluffs up enough.

^ oh yea, how could I forget the fanboys? They're all over it too.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464
    I had never played Guild Wars. I bought into the hype, and purchased it yesterday.   Really enjoying what I'm playing.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

My system barely is making minimal requirements, but it is making them.

Still even at lowest settings (without subsample cause with subsample it is looking worse than WoW in 2004) is is preety much unplayable giving me 10-15 fps according to in-game counter.

I have updated drivers, etc

I fortunatelly have new better  PC incoming in 2-3 weeks and I planned it for a long time (not purcharse made especially for g2).

BUT still I am angry cause of this.

Apart of that it is ok, but I have not seen that much of a game and stopped playing till I finish up building my PC as in DE is totally unplayable. I am not even start to talk about WvWvW...

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by CcDohl
    Originally posted by Morgaren

^ oh yea, how could I forget the fanboys? They're all over it too.

It's to balance the haters/trolls.  It all works out in the end.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Haven't played it enough yet, to be fair.  Little dissatisfied so far, but it could just be the class I am playing to be honest.  Trying necro again....As I usually play a caster or ranger.

It feels a little busy with open quests....Hard to explain....But it may just be the beginning area, just seems like their is no exploring, if you can understand....But like I said havent played a lot yet, so this could change...and the class may not be the one for me...

So things could change, and I hope they do.

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

I heard they've posted GMs at WvWvW entry points apologizing for the queue problems. That's pretty awesome. I can't remember the last time I've seen an in-game presence to apologize and inform people.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

extremely satisfied - im overwhelmed with all the PVE exploring available

there are launch bugs but nothing game breaking for me; im having alot of fun

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527
    Originally posted by Nadia

extremely satisfied - im overwhelmed with all the PVE exploring available

there are launch bugs but nothing game breaking for me; im having alot of fun

I love the whole vistas via exploring deal. Reminds me of the Assassin's Creed vantage points, and has a great effect in an MMO.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Well, this poll makes me feel a little better.  I don't think the numbers for satisfied/not are that far different from how positive people were about the game pre-release. :D

The first day I got to play about 7 hours, then got booted just as I had to leave anyway.  At the airport I just saw thread after thread of people unhappy with the servers being down.

I can understand being frustrated, but at least it hasn't killed all interest in the game or something.

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206

Very satisfied with PvE leveling.

Dissatisfied with PvP (both WvW and sPvP)

This poll should be redone when the honeymoon is over (2 months after release) to get accurate results.