Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great community, well done guys

VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Just wanted to say how impressed with the in game community I have been so far, speaking from my server on The Far Shiver Peaks at least.

Much to my worry that it wouldn't be, the chat has been constant, good natured, entertaining, and helpfull.

So much in contrast to the vile TERA community, or the overwhelmingly arrogant TSW one.

So nice to see :)

Comments

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

same on Tarnished Coast. Eeveryone is chatting, people actually saying thank you for reviving them, people stopping to talk after events, etc... 

Suprprising actually, since public events sort of by their very nature, promote just doing your thing and moving on your way. I am very happy to se ethis isn't the case so far here... because it certainly wa sin WAR and Rift.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

Could have ended the good natured post at "entertaining and helpful"...but you had to do it didn't you.

*shakes head*

Bite Me

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415
    i agree.i have had my every question answered without sarcasm.pretty sure your server mopped the floor with mine in pvpvp yesterday.im on gates of madness
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Nikkita

Could have ended the good natured post at "entertaining and helpful"...but you had to do it didn't you.

*shakes head*

hehe I'm sorry, but it's in my nature to compare and reference.

I actually don't mean to attack anyone here, just sayin' ;)

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

I've had a lot of fun playing with other people so far.  During this one jumping puzzle, there was a group of players running around 'catching' people who missed a jump, and rezzing them up s othey could go back and try again.  That was pretty cool of them. :)

Map chat can sometimes be a bit bad, but NOTHING compared to your average MMORPG.  It's surprisingly tolerable, with only the occasional idiot sneaking on.

Not sure how long this will last, but color me pleasantly surprised. :)

Originally posted by blix2006
    i agree.i have had my every question answered without sarcasm.pretty sure your server mopped the floor with mine in pvpvp yesterday.im on gates of madness

It's early days, I am sure things will adjust and change, but... oh YEAH ;)

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    It's a good community also at Jade Quarry from what I've seen, that and well Anet don't forgive many offenses from what I've read/heard.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

I have yet to encounter any douch'baggery. If I didnt know any better I would think everybody playing the game is over 30, lol

Great community so far.

• daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400
    same on Desolation :) but its just the community on here.....

• samuraislyr4samuraislyr4 Member UncommonPosts: 73

IT has been very nice so far. I've even accidently commited the sin of talking about other MMO's including WoW and no one complained about those MMO's coming up or even argued if my opinion differed. It was nice. Very cool to see people talk in a sincere manner. 

Worse thing I've seen is some really dumb and inappropriate names. 

Originally posted by samuraislyr4

IT has been very nice so far. I've even accidently commited the sin of talking about other MMO's including WoW and no one complained about those MMO's coming up or even argued if my opinion differed. It was nice. Very cool to see people talk in a sincere manner. 

Worse thing I've seen is some really dumb and inappropriate names. 

I am hoping it stays this nice when the gates open again today and tommorow. No reason to think it won't right now :)

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

I'm on Piken Square, community has been great so far. There was about eight of us from our guild doing a jumping puzzle in the sylvari starting area, one jump was insanely difficult and if you missed you'd drop to your death, not only that it was a place with plenty of mob spawns, everyone that was there was helping by rezzing and defending players, must have been about twenty people around at one point, good atmosphere and great fun.

The Crypt in the charr starter area has a waypoint that became contested, three boss mobs and adds in there, we called out on the map and got a group of about fifteen players, felt like completing a public dungeon, again great atmosphere and a great laugh.

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191
    It has been absolute joy in Gunnars Hold as well, I really haven't seen any negativity, trolling or other things you'd expect anywhere in the internet. Just throwing a shout that you need assistance near DE and you get few "OMW" responses and watch as people start piling in. Love it. WvWvW gives good sense of 'us vs them' and community.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Same on Gandara. A lot of chatting on /map, all friendly and helpful.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

Ferguson's Crossing has been great...a few bad apples but the ignore function works like a charm. =)

Considering it's the least crowded server, I'm surprised at how busy things are...the overflows are getting a workout and most events end up with dozens of people. Everyone's getting along pretty well.

I even had one person send me five copper for explaining how /em works in the game. =D

I told him to make sure he didn't use it for eeevil.

• MelodicMelodic Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by vee41
    It has been absolute joy in Gunnars Hold as well, I really haven't seen any negativity, trolling or other things you'd expect anywhere in the internet. Just throwing a shout that you need assistance near DE and you get few "OMW" responses and watch as people start piling in. Love it. WvWvW gives good sense of 'us vs them' and community.

Greetings fellow player from Gunnar's Hold! :) 

Yea it was pleasent so far in Tyria however people while leveling in PvE are rather quiet, but today people were a bit pissed and whined in the morning in WvWvW when they logged in and saw that domination from yesterday didn't hold and french folks were pounding our supply and holds near our main base. 

I really like the fact that people are so eager to revive you when you're down. Today I was one shotted by something near the enemy hold(I still have no idea what was that big aoe thing. Weapon?) and suddenly 3 Gunnar Hold mates were beside me to revive! (of course I thanked afterwards ^^ )

• GandolfiGandolfi Member Posts: 43

Hey, vee41 - Gunnar's Hold ftw!

I agree, it's been great fun just wandering around exploring and getting into scrapes, and being able to simply join in with a group helping each other out. I've noticed the shouts for help with DEs too and always try to get there to pitch in. I think the GW2 system really helps foster this sense of community by removing the competition for resources and also removing any obstacles to simply lending a hand.

Great fun!

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Guild wars community has always been helpful and friendly... I only have good experience from GW1 and it's community :)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• vee41vee41 Member Posts: 191
    Originally posted by Melodic

Yea it was pleasent so far in Tyria however people while leveling in PvE are rather quiet, but today people were a bit pissed and whined in the morning in WvWvW when they logged in and saw that domination from yesterday didn't hold and french folks were pounding our supply and holds near our main base. 

Damn french! There were some really, really good times in WvW last night so hoping for some more of that today :)

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    When does the game open up for those in the cheap seats? Wait until the WoW hordes descend to chew up the game and declare "It's not as good as WoW" :)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• alilsneakyalilsneaky Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Vesavius

Just wanted to say how impressed with the in game community I have been so far, speaking from my server on The Far Shiver Peaks at least.

Much to my worry that it wouldn't be, the chat has been constant, good natured, entertaining, and helpfull.

So much in contrast to the vile TERA community, or the overwhelmingly arrogant TSW one.

So nice to see :)

Tera community really is the worst I've ever seen in any mmo by a landslide, holy shit.

Surprised it's any better in gw2 since this seems to be another very hyped one that would attract all the passive agressive douchebags from around the world.

• MelodicMelodic Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Melodic

Damn french! There were some really, really good times in WvW last night so hoping for some more of that today :)

Haha yea they shined in the morning.

I saw one comment while taking a breath in our castle after we lost to a massive french zerg: "Since when french are so eager to fight!?". Had few good laughs.

Maybe we will be able to take what's ours back today. See you there!

• AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85
    Tarnished coast has been great and troll free. Only trolling I have seen is not in game but here from non players acting they are playing.
  • MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

I actually saw somebody apologize for being sort of douchey in map chat.

I was shocked.

Are people allowed to apologize?  Ever?

It's like he had never been on the internet before. :(

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Another from Gunnar's Hold and you're right... the community here is great.

Everyone helping each other out on skill challenges, puzzles and DEs, people ressing each other and just simply chatting a lot. Just hoping this continues after the actual launch, once the masses get in.