Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maybe this time they do it right (PvP)

pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
i know that there used to be pvp in vanguard,,,but i guess something went wrong and they removed it...So is there hope they'll add is again one day?What you guys think>?

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

It will be back if there will be a big demand for it, which there isn't at the moment and i seriously doubt there ever will be

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

what exactly was wrong with the first implementation?

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Lack of proper class balances I heard. PvP was an afterthought
  • OberanMiMOberanMiM Member Posts: 236
    Originally posted by Starpower
    Lack of proper class balances I heard. PvP was an afterthought

PVP was not an afterthought in vanguard. yes they started working on PvE first because PvE requires dev created content while PvP in a game such as Vanguard has the players create the content through their ingame politics. Its simple project management. If a task requires more work you start it earlier so that you can finish on time.

PvP was tollerable in vanguard until they started revamping the classes for pvp and several classes gained the ability to basically one shot in pvp by chaining guaranteed crit abilities etc. So in essence it was pve changes that ruined pvp (and the fact that SOE said they wouldn't fix PvP till Pve was fixed (which we all know is impossible)

I can't stand games with eSport type pvp grinds so even without PvP, Vanguard is still a top notch game.