Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First lvl 80

Comments

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Lol at wow mentality rush to endgame for phatlewt that doesn't exist.

Theres going to be epic whine from the pavlovs dog type players in a couple of weeks.

Actually there is lot of shiny to be collected through crafting and otherwise at lvl 80 even though no statistical advantage but i doubt that would stop anyone from being impatient. Also GW2 fans can deny all they want but being lvl 80 does give you an advantage over lower levels in PVP.

Bite Me

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    I wonder what his map completion is? People are acting like he beat the game. Having your friends feed you mats to power level could mean he didn't even play yet and just sat at the crafting station. I'm at level 19 but only have 7% map so there not one in the same. 
  • AshengrayAshengray Member UncommonPosts: 10

Did he beat the story line or did he just reached 80? I mean just bec he has reached 80 doesnt mean he seen all the game has to offer. In guildwars 1, you can reach max lvl pretty early on but you still got plenty of content before beating the story line.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by FGTry

Today at 6:13PM GMT+1 Surfeuze from War Legend French guild EU server Vizuna Square reached the 80th level.
    GG

www.warlegend.net/level-80-surfeuze-guild-wars-2-vizunah-square/

screenshot:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lzz44.jpg

Gratz..? Hell no... Now reroll and ACTUALLY PLAY the game ;-)

• SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by Ashengray

Did he beat the story line or did he just reached 80? I mean just bec he has reached 80 doesnt mean he seen all the game has to offer. In guildwars 1, you can reach max lvl pretty early on but you still got plenty of content before beating the story line.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Well it's not like Guild Wars is known for grinding levels, which IMO is a good thing.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• banadonabanadona Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Am I one of the only people in the world that finds this kind of "achievement" to be the opposite of Impressive?

And somewhere in the catagory of Sad.

Well I kinda agree with you. Although, I do agree that It can be seen as some kind of achievement for some, for me its just a waste of the game. For me it is like a speed eating contest while eating your favorite dish...such a shame.

• ictownictown Member Posts: 123

He only reached level 80. His personal storyline line is only at level 16.

Seems like he power leveled through crafting quite a bit.

My main character is level 17 and I created another alt for crafting and leveled to 15 in few hours just crafting alone.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    It's funny if you look at the map on the screenshot he is standing right inbetween the crafting stations. Kind of smart guild wise, he can now feed them all kinds of goodies....
  • AshengrayAshengray Member UncommonPosts: 10
    The reason i ask is, some people are assuming that he has beaten the game when infact he just reached 80. Reaching 80 does not equal to beating the game.
  • CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    The reason i ask is, some people are assuming that he has beaten the game when infact he just reached 80. Reaching 80 does not equal to beating the game.

To many players it does, but just wait for the whining about no endgame quicker than other MMO's this time.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456
    Originally posted by Illyssia
    It isn't a silly acomplishment at all. If you play the game intensively you can beat it really fast.

To you really think hitting 80 is "beating the game"?

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by banadona
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Am I one of the only people in the world that finds this kind of "achievement" to be the opposite of Impressive?

And somewhere in the catagory of Sad.

Well I kinda agree with you. Although, I do agree that It can be seen as some kind of achievement for some, for me its just a waste of the game. For me it is like a speed eating contest while eating your favorite dish...such a shame.

The way Anet designed GW2 and according to most of the avid fans in beta, this wouldn't be a waste of the game because at 80, you get to go down and do all the content anyway. So, really the guy just concentrated on levels before a lot of content where as most people will get more content done before levels.

Since there is no "endgame" or the "endgame" starts right away, he didn't really speed through anything, heh. Just a different progression route.

On a side note, I can see why some speed through a game beyond the bragging rights. If they play in beta extensively, there isn't much reason to go through all the content you've down multiple times before. I've done that once before. Kind of why I don't play much in betas anymore.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

if you don't like the phrase beat the game then can perhaps looks upon it as they beat the leveling aspect of the game.

A lot of the fanbois seem very defenisve about the speed at which players hit GW2 level cap, but that's just the way ArenaNet designed it. THe game is fun, it's just not very demanding. A lot will probably focus on PvP and WvWvW long term as that puts player skill into the equation.

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334
    I'm waiting for the first to get to Zhaitan, which is considerably more epic.
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by Piiritus

Well, 80 levels in a bit more than 30 hours is kinda quick. It took longer for world first even in Rift if I remember correctly and that game was ultra easy to level.

Edit: Personally I think that achievments like this are brainless. Games should be for entertainment.

When EQ1 released the  expansion pack legacy of YKessha I remember a guild leveled a Froglok to 60 within 24 hours. EQ1 was the mother of all grind fests in my opinion.

this guy cliams he did 1 - 60 in WOW in 23 hours and change

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3341758638

there is always going to be a "that guy"

I miss DAoC

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

Congratulations? I guess...

Now, WHAT'S THE ENDGAME? image

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Wow, Congratulations dude :). I am still level 50.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Jebus... Im only lvl 9... Really don't get the point in powerleveling.. Not at all. It has to be something with lack of life.
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

this sounds like GW1... i got max lv (20 on vanilla) within 24hrs or so playing it. if they keep the old system that gw1 had you can hit max cap off quests and just powering through all the storyline content. 

while i never see much point in hitting max in anygame over night.. i guess this person is happy with them selves lol.

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

Gratz all nice orga for the group of players. (or did it really just one? well then not so much orga ;) )

And in a week we have all forgotten it. So lets move on.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

nice! grats!

I am pokey for sure, 19 hours on a single character and only level 15! Awesome amounts of fun though :) Loving the game!

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    Originally posted by Method01
    Jebus... Im only lvl 9... Really don't get the point in powerleveling.. Not at all. It has to be something with lack of life.

Not necessarily.  It's a very concentrated burst, for certain, but after the burst, more time is freed up for things other than gaming.

I am not a powerleveler (my main in GW2 is now level 13), but I don't think it's an illegitimate playstyle.

• tabindextabindex Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Little over a day.  A new low for MMOs.
  • ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518
    Originally posted by Illyssia

if you don't like the phrase beat the game then can perhaps looks upon it as they beat the leveling aspect of the game.

A lot of the fanbois seem very defenisve about the speed at which players hit GW2 level cap, but that's just the way ArenaNet designed it. THe game is fun, it's just not very demanding. A lot will probably focus on PvP and WvWvW long term as that puts player skill into the equation.

And that is the point. With WvW in mind ( and the complete redoable pve content with any level) it is more or less not relevant to hit max level. So better its faster than not. No need for it, like it was in DAoC to play month to reach cap, and be able to play RvR seriously. The game just starts at level cap (or in the case of GW2 not even that, because you will be uplvled anyway, so it may even start from day one). And by the way.. level progression, gear progression is so much a thing of the past, we should just drop it completely anyways.. and think of better ways of progression without seperating the community, or to create barriers to entry.