Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quit saying "hehe!"

wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

there are two things i see written alot that i cant stand...."that being said" and "hehe." the latter i see used in MMOs quite alot and it grates me to no end!

has anyone ever heard someone laugh that sounds like "hehe?" ...nope never! so stop using it alrdy. try "haha" or even "yuk yuk"

why do we need to even spell out a laugh? it makes no sense. or, why dont we use something like "twf" (that was funny) or just "tf" (too funny)?

"lol" or even "roflmao" are different. they tell someone that they laughed in shorthand. i think they are better suited though.

Comments

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    I have no idea why this would bother you but 'that being said' i find it very funny.... he he he he he!! ;)

Bite Me

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262
    hèhèhè
  • CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    Everyone is going to reply with "hehe" now, in some form or another. You brought it onto yourself!
  • MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
  • MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    doesnt giggling soubg exactly Luke 'hehe'...

in germanic languages other than english 'hehe' would be prnounced like 'heyhey' without the 'y', resembling 'haha' somewhat...

i guess this adds to the popularity
  • pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by Kwintpod
    h
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

there are two things i see written alot that i cant stand...."that being said" and "hehe." the latter i see used in MMOs quite alot and it grates me to no end!

Serieusly??

has anyone ever heard someone laugh that sounds like "hehe?" ...nope never! so stop using it alrdy. try "haha" or even "yuk yuk"

Yes I hear it all the time it's sort of a man's giggle when it sounds like hehe, a womans giggle would be more like hihi. Haha's are more full laughter, but to be honost yukyuk is unknown to me.

why do we need to even spell out a laugh? it makes no sense. or, why dont we use something like "twf" (that was funny) or just "tf" (too funny)?

Well perhaps your new at being online or something, but if a game or chat doesn't support voice-chat then isn't it normal that if someone's write's something funny to react to it like you would in real life and that is to laugh and yes that could be a hehe, haha, hihi, a TF, a ROFL, a LOL or what ever way someone likes to express him/herself..

"lol" or even "roflmao" are different. they tell someone that they laughed in shorthand. i think they are better suited though.

Does it really matter how people express them selfs in a positive way? Does that really bother you??

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

I know what you mean. I grew out of "hehe" over 10 years ago and never looked back.

[mod edit] I used to work at a gym, and my boss was a big man, tall with lots of muscle, and when we talked on MSN on occasion, his laughs were always "hehe" and I just facepalmed. lol

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Beavis and butthead.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Aviggin

I know what you mean. I grew out of "hehe" over 10 years ago and never looked back.

[mod edit]  I used to work at a gym, and my boss was a big man, tall with lots of muscle, and when we talked on MSN on occasion, his laughs were always "hehe" and I just facepalmed. lol

And what do you use now? i mean according to your muscle and girth size. If you said *LOL*..i am gonna laugh at you. For some reason i get a picture of drag queen in my mind when guy type LOL...or Miley Cyrus.

Bite Me

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

At 224 RHL bullivard charleston wv At the buisness officemax there is a man named Larry that works like this he is the mannager. 

I hate AW HA HA HA HA HA HA. I mean seriously dont force it.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Your right Yuk Yuk sounds more realistic  LOL.

I have heard of Yuk Yuks comedy but never have i heard a laugh that sounds like yuk yuk.

You need to  realize that internet lingo quite often is just slang,there is no real definition to these words,just people making up stuff and accepting it.

Hehe=chuckle a sort of mild laugh

LOL=Very funny or too funny.

Roflmao=i am too lazy to spell it all out :D

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Nikkita

I always found it kind of gay having a dude say "hehe" in chat after a while, as well.  I used to work at a gym, and my boss was a big man, tall with lots of muscle, and when we talked on MSN on occasion, his laughs were always "hehe" and I just facepalmed. lol

And what do you use now? i mean according to your muscle and girth size. If you said *LOL*..i am gonna laugh at you. For some reason i get a picture of drag queen in my mind when guy type LOL.

I guess it's a matter of perspective. I switch between "lol" and "haha", but generall the latter. They're both much less fruity and every person I know says "lol" in texts, on facebook, etc., so meh.

It's funny that the feeling I get from "hehe" you get from "lol". Even though "lol" is the most widely used in typed laughter as far as I can tell.

I always found it kind of gay having a dude say "hehe" in chat after a while, as well.  I used to work at a gym, and my boss was a big man, tall with lots of muscle, and when we talked on MSN on occasion, his laughs were always "hehe" and I just facepalmed. lol

And what do you use now? i mean according to your muscle and girth size. If you said *LOL*..i am gonna laugh at you. For some reason i get a picture of drag queen in my mind when guy type LOL.

I guess it's a matter of perspective. I switch between "lol" and "haha", but generall the latter. They're both much less fruity and every person I know says "lol" in texts, on facebook, etc., so meh.

It's funny that the feeling I get from "hehe" you get from "lol". Even though "lol" is the most widely used in typed laughter as far as I can tell.

Guess you never seen Beavis and Butthead if 'heheh' gives you a fruity feeling. However, once Miley Cirus used LOL it was never the same again.

Bite Me

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    It is kinda girly, :P is even worse.  Dumb girly sticking the tongue out smiley gets me angry, especially when men do it.

• everlandeverland Member Posts: 71

What? hehe is mainstream now too?..

Aww..damn those hipsters...

Nothing on chat entertains me more that a "heh". I laugh more on teamspeaks etc. but I don't write it then.

So I guess I'm cool? Hip?

Guess you never seen Beavis and Butthead if 'heheh' gives you a fruity feeling. However, once Miley Cirus used LOL it was never the same again.

When I read "hehe", I'm not thinking of a couple of stoners on the couch giggling. Plus I never liked Beavis and Butthead, so that might explain our difference of opinion. As well, I've never once in my life paid attention to Miley Cyrus, so I don't care if she said "LOL" once, and I don't really care now. I know literally nothing about her. :P

In the end, I associate "hehe" with girlish giggling. That makes dudes who say it fruity to me. I don't really CARE so much, as it's only a fleeting thought, but that's just how it is.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by TheScavenger
    HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

jejejeje

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• FalconiumFalconium Member Posts: 20

I hate when people think a lot is spelt as one word.

That being said, I guess we're both unsatisfied. hehe.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Falconium

Your spelting isn't as good as you think it is, I'm afraid image

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719

Hehe i dont believe someone actually posted this :P That being said do you actually believe this thread has any purpose at all, and might actually make someone stop using "hehe".

Hehe funny. Anyway that being said i dont know if you're trolling or not, considering you havent responded in this thread yet, despite a lot being said in that partical thread.

• TorlukTorluk Member Posts: 162

Being as most of us live in supposedly tolerant societies it is with some irony we can express intolerance over the most insignificant things when online.

Therefore I would like to express my intolerance of this intolerant behaviour.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    When you mature you'll find less trivial matter to complain about. Then again, you may not.
  • sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by Cecropia
    Originally posted by Falconium

Your spelting isn't as good as you think it is, I'm afraid image

It's only in American English that spelt is a kind of wheat from Germany and not the past tense or past participial usage of to spell. It jars me to see it too, but if he's from abroad, he's actually doing it right. 

I use hehe because it isn't LOL.