Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 Hours into it.... i had died 50+ times

ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

Guild Wars is taking over my life.....Last night I spent 3 hours trying to do a platforming puzzle with lightning, wind, rock, and ice obstacles. Died at least 50 times.

Havn't had that much fun in years....

My life is over.....

Comments

• Chile267Chile267 Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Welcome to the after life.
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I'm with ya. The game is an absolute blast!

• AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85
    Only time I check these forums now is during work cause at home I'm playing and lose track of time.
  • raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673
    Originally posted by ZizouX

Guild Wars is taking over my life.....Last night I spent 3 hours trying to do a platforming puzzle with lightning, wind, rock, and ice obstacles. Died at least 50 times.

My life is over.....

spending three hours dying on a single event is a fun time?!?!?! Talk about old school gaming I gave up that idea as "fun" way back in the days of mario and contra but glad some are getting to enjoy the launch hope they get the issues resolved sooner rather than later though so all interested can join in the fun.

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by raistlinm

My life is over.....

spending three hours dying on a single event is a fun time?!?!?! Talk about old school gaming I gave up that idea as "fun" way back in the days of mario and contra but glad some are getting to enjoy the launch hope they get the issues resolved sooner rather than later though so all interested can join in the fun.

Lol... I'd take it as an indication of his addiction rather than the average gameplay experience.

Seems like the connectivity issues are sorted now though, now they just need to get the trading post up.  

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

First time I hear someone saying he never had so much fun dieing 50+ times :D

Didn't die that much (4 times total I think), but having a blast as well!

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    This game is amazingly fun and addictive. I'm so glad that I am able to control it. It's hard for a lot of people, but I guess after playing 29 mmorpg's for so many years, you learn to control it easier. lols
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Hmm, its a pretty solid game but certainly not enough there to keep me away from my main MMO.  So I get to play two MMO's now, thats okay I currently have enough time for that.
  • rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by snapfusion
    Hmm, its a pretty solid game but certainly not enough there to keep me away from my main MMO.  So I get to play two MMO's now, thats okay I currently have enough time for that.

I agree, it is a solid fun game, Jumping puzzles, Riddles, Gauntlet style Acrade combat action,  and a cute Single Player RPG quest/story tack on for good measure.

It is an MMO but  feels funny,  the flashy pop ups reminders, hand holding mini map,  chasing Hearts and Triangles,  The zerg rushing DEs,  almost like a cool Mulitplaywr Super Mario.

It is a really fun game but as an MMO it feels abit souless,  It is a streamlined, easy play, casual, Amusement Park, with rides and carnival games.

• CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353
    Originally posted by rutaq

I agree, it is a solid fun game, Jumping puzzles, Riddles, Gauntlet style Acrade combat action,  and a cute Single Player RPG quest/story tack on for good measure.

It is an MMO but  feels funny,  the flashy pop ups reminders, hand holding mini map,  chasing Hearts and Triangles,  The zerg rushing DEs,  almost like a cool Mulitplaywr Super Mario.

It is a really fun game but as an MMO it feels abit souless,  It is a streamlined, easy play, casual, Amusement Park, with rides and carnival games.

I wouldn't argue with anything.. but soulless? No. Sorry but this game breathes life and character. Subjective or not, anyone can see that.

Eat me!

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

I am enjoying my time in GW2 but is OP trying to say he had more fun because he died 50+ times? ;p

Weirdos!! lol

Bite Me

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

My life is over.....

Held hostage by your own dark gaming instincts...

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

My life is over.....

It has a lot to do with the fact that it was "challenging" but "not frustrating."  Yes, I legitimately had fun trying to do that puzzle.  For any of you who want to know which one I was talking about.... it's this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEvGa2-bXA0

Oh man... good times.... 

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by CookieTime
    Originally posted by rutaq

I wouldn't argue with anything.. but soulless? No. Sorry but this game breathes life and character. Subjective or not, anyone can see that.

@CookieTime: HOW can someone call GW2 soulless? Indeed, it breathes a lot of life and character. I don't think you have played if you say it is soulless. On your other points I can't disagree.  But GW2 has more life than any MMORPG i've seen so far. And you know what else GW2 has? Massive multiplayer. Something that's lacking from quite some (MMO)RPGs lately (SWTOR *kuch kuch*).

You're out in the field, doing your thing (lots of stuff to choose from). And BAM, a group of 40 people doing an amazing event, running across the map. And you know what? You can join, without being PENALIZED.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

My life is over.....

The game is actually really easy for most players. 

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Illyssia

My life is over.....

And you just had to rub salt into his happy fun time wound, aye... :P

Originally posted by Illyssia

My life is over.....

The game is challenging but it just doesn't penalize people very harshly. Minimum downtime and maximum play time. That is how MMOS should be.

Challenge should be in the activity itself.

Bite Me

• NandoSupesNandoSupes Member Posts: 61
    Agreed, Anet always placed a lot of passion into this game, and it shows, specially in the art design.
  • slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    Yeah I died plenty of times during some of my personal story quests, this game isn't Diablo 3, most definitely not carebear easy.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    LMAO! that's awesome dude! yeah same here, i went on WoW and said bye to all my friends and to the game, and i went on facebook and told RL bye bye for a while while this game took over :) great stuff!
  • ChrisxenonChrisxenon Member Posts: 6

3 hours on one puzzle and 50 fails is your idea of fun?

Thats my idea of swear words and a broken keyboard

Originally posted by slicknslim88
    Yeah I died plenty of times during some of my personal story quests, this game isn't Diablo 3, most definitely not carebear easy.

I guess people use word carebear in their own way. Just sometime back i read in chat that GW2 is carebear because it lacks harsher death penalities and that the game is too safe.

I personally despise this word carebear.

Bite Me

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    I keep trying to do my personal story quests alone and 4 or 5 levels behind. I've died so much if there was an MMO heaven it would be full by now.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

And you just had to rub salt into his happy fun time wound, aye... :P

Forum Rule Number One (aka egoboo for the kids):

Every situation is too easy, because you're just that awesome.  Never skip a chance to tell others how much they need to lrn2ply.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC
    I keep trying to do my personal story quests alone and 4 or 5 levels behind. I've died so much if there was an MMO heaven it would be full by now.

Just need to be 2 levels below, and they are pretty easy.

Not sure how people are dieing so much, unless they are trying things way above their level, or just standing still getting bashed  Have died like twice, and one was by a training.  Move around and they hardly hit.