Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 levels behind...

2»

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by atticusbc
    i am too, op. i think it's because i'm running right behind a horde that's finihsing off all the des before i get there. :P

It could be this as well.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

You can use this map as a guide.

http://www.guildhead.com/map

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    Originally posted by adam_nox

I'm level 8, I thought I was caught up, then I go to the quest just 3 steps away from the last one called "Voices from the Past" and I'm supposed to defeat a bunch of level 10s simultaneously?

Kind of peeved.  I don't mind exploring around a bit, but I just don't get what I'm supposed to do outside of WvW and crafting, which I'm just not interested in right now.

There's an easy way to ensure that you are at the right level for the content and that is to try and achieve the map completion of the zone you are in. That means going to every point of interest, every viata, renowned heart & skill point. Doing that with inadvertedly net you a ton of XP, slow down your progression through your personal story and allow you to see dynamic events that you may have missed if you were just trying to rush through the personal story.

Also wait around once a dynamic event finishes. I cannot count how many times I saw a DE finish and people just wondered off, whilst the NPCs were talking about something that could lead to another DE and often did.

• IzikIzik Member Posts: 111

Basically instead of grinding quest hubs, you have to grind every aspect of gameplay in GW2 to stay at-level. DEs,Hearts,Exploration Points, Vistas, Crafting, Harvesting, DEs, DEs, DEs.... etc. 

The Xp curve is way off in the game, but it's obviously tooled to make you buy the Xp perks in the cash shop. If you're a completionist you'll love it, but if you're a power gamer you will never find efficiency levelling.

• HoramHoram Member Posts: 16

Don't just stay in one racial zone. My Asura has been all over the place and I've been leveling like crazy without even trying by going around the asura, norn and human areas. There's about 30 hearts beneath my level I still need to do as I've been drawn in my just exploring and finding things here and there and seeking out skill challenges.

Also, you still get a lot of xp by going back to lower level areas and doing DE's and hearts that you missed.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by Izik

The Xp curve is way off in the game, but it's obviously tooled to make you buy the Xp perks in the cash shop. If you're a completionist you'll love it, but if you're a power gamer you will never find efficiency levelling.

What?

I've not even went into WvW yet and I'm already same level as the content I'm tackling without having either explored the cities or touched any zones other than the first two starter zones. I haven't done a single missions from my personal story either. 

If you are having trouble staying leveled then you are missing a ton of content, it's that simple. There's no need for boosters or anything of the sort, unless you like missing out half the game.

• IzikIzik Member Posts: 111
    Originally posted by Zezda
    Originally posted by Izik

What?

I've not even went into WvW yet and I'm already same level as the content I'm tackling without having either explored the cities or touched any zones other than the first two starter zones. I haven't done a single missions from my personal story either. 

If you are having trouble staying leveled then you are missing a ton of content, it's that simple. There's no need for boosters or anything of the sort, unless you like missing out half the game.

Come back when you're above level 5.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by Distopia

I'm level 8, I thought I was caught up, then I go to the quest just 3 steps away from the last one called "Voices from the Past" and I'm supposed to defeat a bunch of level 10s simultaneously?

Kind of peeved.  I don't mind exploring around a bit, but I just don't get what I'm supposed to do outside of WvW and crafting, which I'm just not interested in right now.

It sounds like you're just following specific content the key is to journey around the starting area looking for DE's. There are quite a few at your level range from what I recall. As someone else mentioned there's the personal story segements as well. Point is there really is no shortage of PVP content at your level.

DE?  Personal story?  I just said not doing WvW right now.

I've scanned the map, explored around.  Not seeing any gaps.  Unless I'm supposed to go to other races starting areas.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

It sounds like you're just following specific content the key is to journey around the starting area looking for DE's. There are quite a few at your level range from what I recall. As someone else mentioned there's the personal story segements as well. Point is there really is no shortage of PVP content at your level.

I've scanned the map, explored around.  Not seeing any gaps.  Unless I'm supposed to go to other races starting areas.

DE = Dynamic Event.  They are hard to miss and going on all the time. They give a lot of XP.

I am just exploring, joining in on DE's, follow my personal story and I am in the complete opposite of you, that I outlevel everything by at least 2 levels :-/

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by Master10K

There's an easy way to ensure that you are at the right level for the content and that is to try and achieve the map completion of the zone you are in. That means going to every point of interest, every viata, renowned heart & skill point. Doing that with inadvertedly net you a ton of XP, slow down your progression through your personal story and allow you to see dynamic events that you may have missed if you were just trying to rush through the personal story.

Also wait around once a dynamic event finishes. I cannot count how many times I saw a DE finish and people just wondered off, whilst the NPCs were talking about something that could lead to another DE and often did.

Ignore my post above, yes I do every DE I come across, I'm not rushing my personal story.  I do the heart hubs.  Even done a couple DEs twice.  Done all but a couple Vistas and Pois on the map, as I look constantly. 

I've done probably 6 different DE's in the human starting area.  If there's more than that by level 8, then I must just not be seeing them.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Started at a tad over level 11 in Divinitys Reach this morning and went from 25% explored to 51 percent explored in about two hours of chatting and sight seeing and left at just a hair under level 12. Even had a NPC ytour guide  showing me around  one section LOL, never seen that before. Stil got a ton of places to see in that town, pretty amazing

I miss DAoC

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

What race  are you? I've personally done every single vista, skill  point, point of interest, heart quest, personal story, and any DE i ran into along my path from 1-25 on Norn. At times like level 15 I had my level 19 story quest and was forced to do other stuff as I clearly would not want to do level 19 content at 15. There was other content there without leveling the zone but again it was touching everything on the map.  I did not craft  or pvp to see the point of if this game really could be played by those that just wanted to play their own way.

GW2 playstyle as I said is do not just what you want but a little bit of everything.  Do continue though I hope you see differently than I did.

• revelationmdrevelationmd Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Clocksimus
    Welcome to GW2 where you must do everything. Well not really but if you focus on  personal story alone you will be extremely gimped. You have to touch on everything or repeat DE a lot of times to level in GW2. Enjoy your stay and do tell  how you feel about it after a week to a month.

Eh? I'm all for constructive criticism - just finished posting some myself - but this is either ignorant griping or trolling. Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you believe what you say can I suggest you try some of the things others have suggested (crafting, WvWvW, gathering, exploring etc) and come back and tell us how you feel about the need to repeat DEs in a week to a month.

• AdelbernAdelbern Member Posts: 85
    I'm level 8 and fought maybe 20 mobs so far but completed 4 main cities 100% exploring only asura city left rata sum which will today when home.
  • NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by revelationmd
    Originally posted by Clocksimus
    Welcome to GW2 where you must do everything. Well not really but if you focus on  personal story alone you will be extremely gimped. You have to touch on everything or repeat DE a lot of times to level in GW2. Enjoy your stay and do tell  how you feel about it after a week to a month.

Eh? I'm all for constructive criticism - just finished posting some myself - but this is either ignorant griping or trolling. Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you believe what you say can I suggest you try some of the things others have suggested (crafting, WvWvW, gathering, exploring etc) and come back and tell us how you feel about the need to repeat DEs in a week to a month.

I agree however, it will become boring for those who like to roll alts. Since right now you have to be a completonist to levelp up comfortabley. Especially if a person is not into crafting or W v W vW. A player should be able to level up comfortabley through PVE alone if he is not interested in PVP.

During beta i gave feedback regarding this to  increase the xp gain for beginner levels or increase the DE events with addition of more heart events for PVE players.

Bite Me