Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everyone still crying?

DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Yep, seems so.  I'll be back in a week when the rain stops falling from the skies.

Every time I log in to look at the forums, it is flooded with the tears of the early access Guild Wars 2 people.

-----

In other news...the world turned today, one full circle.  Who woulda thought?

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

Comments

• XtenXten Member Posts: 119
    Very usefull , the entire forum was waiting to hear you crying about crying.
  • Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Yeah. That's probably why GW2 has their forums closed. They'll probably open them when they get things fixed in a few weeks.
  • Poison_AdelePoison_Adele Member CommonPosts: 287
    Things are actually pretty smooth. Day 1 had real issues, Day 2 was a little wonky sometimes, Day 3 is so far smooth as butter. There was an update and they seem to have fixed the issues.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Originally posted by Poison_Adele
    Things are actually pretty smooth. Day 1 had real issues, Day 2 was a little wonky sometimes, Day 3 is so far smooth as butter. There was an update and they seem to have fixed the issues.

Really?

Trading post is still down and several servers still can't participate in WvWvW. Plus there are a few errors that prevent some customers from even logging in.

• WinterizerWinterizer Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Atlan99
    Yeah. That's probably why GW2 has their forums closed. They'll probably open them when they get things fixed in a few weeks.

Ah so people did actually find out that the game was not the solution they had been looking for.

I will follow this game with alot of popcorn and soda :D

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

Really?

Trading post is still down and several servers still can't participate in WvWvW. Plus there are a few errors that prevent some customers from even logging in.

Guild invites are also not working. Some time takes 10 minutes just to get invite. Also, can't see any members in guild chat. We all are invisible for now;)

Bite Me

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

Really?

He can log in and play therefore the game is running smoothly, GW2-logic.

• eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151

To the '' negative '' commenters, you should give the game time, this is not a usual launch and I doubt that any game, have had same trafic as this via launch, if we exclude Diablo 3. All the said issues are connected, in one way or another, to the high traffic on the servers and as I said .. nothing is perfect and good can´t be better if we don´t give it time.

Otherwise, the game is running much better now, compared to the first day and the most people are actually having a blast. Most issues aren´t really '' bugs '' on the other hand, sicne we have seen the same mechanics work before launch and I would guess, that such things would be solved in the coming days, when they manage to control their servers better.

On the other hand, I am not defending or anything, I just think, that ArenaNet deserves a '' good job '' comment and let´s remember that even our mighty WoW has the same issues via launch due to traffic. Anyway, I am kinda surprised why ArenaNet had the problem, from the begining, since avoiding a '' problem '' is much more effective than waiting it to happen and then make an action. They should have awaited a high trafic, since I am pretty sure, that they know much they have sold .. so yeah, a cons here and a mistake that hey should have avoid.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Yep there are things to work out and we'll have to see how ANet handles it. I was surprised to see the broker still down last night but I just kept playing since it's, well, a great game. I know they've been patching so hopefully the connectivity issues have been resolved. That's not really crying, that's being legitimately upset because I know how excited I was to play.

Regardless of the bugs currently being worked out the game, and reason for the excitement at GW2 being released, is much bigger and not just about guild invites or the broker. In a week no one will care.
  • KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454

ITT - people who have either:

A) never been part of a MMO launch

B) don't care that they should expect issues the first week

GW2's launch is a 8/10 for  AAA MMO. Yes, some stuff is broken, but it at least can be played.

• Bushi131Bushi131 Member Posts: 62

Just wanted to share some insight, Anet / devs are doing a tremendous job, each time you log back in, some stuff has been fixed,  changed, rather quick.

(it is quick if you are not waiting in front of the screen, tho)

I think it's just to say that stuff is not broken but it might not function for a while, meanwhile they are fixing it on the go.

Broken is a all different level. Like error 37 from this memorable game (core broken game tho :)

BTW: patience is also a game :_)

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    Originally posted by Winterizer

Ah so people did actually find out that the game was not the solution they had been looking for.

I will follow this game with alot of popcorn and soda :D

Enjoy your popcorn while we enjoy the game. Everybody happy that way.

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131

Really?

Ya really,

I've had zero issues leveling, no que's, overflows just give me time to work on the fun mission style. every MMO launch has issues, thse will be temporary. I wasn't completely sold on this game, but I am now. It is very fun.

The trading post maintenance is temporary, so why fret over it?

Why are people trying so hard to put this game down? If you don't like it, don't play it. 

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by Bushi131

Just wanted to share some insight, Anet / devs are doing a tremendous job, each time you log back in, some stuff has been fixed,  changed, rather quick.

(it is quick if you are not waiting in front of the screen, tho)

I think it's just to say that stuff is not broken but it might not function for a while, meanwhile they are fixing it on the go.

Broken is a all different level. Like error 37 from this memorable game (core broken game tho :)

BTW: patience is also a game :_)

Exactly, well said.

Problems are to be expected at launch, and this game is handling things very well. Anet is squashing bugs fast.

Patience is not a concept people seem to understand around here.

This discussion has been closed.