Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camera movement lag

tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

Hi,

Is there any way to get rid of the camera input lag?

I press right mouse button and move and it takes forever to respond. It's driving me crazy... 

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Sounds like your system needs an upgrade or even your video drivers need updating. I have no problems at all but I have a mid to upper level system. Maybe post your system info for the braniacs to help you more. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by tyfon

Hi,

I press right mouse button and move and it takes forever to respond. It's driving me crazy... 

you can adjust this in settings, I noticed it also, easy fix.

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by MMObro
    Originally posted by tyfon

Hi,

you can adjust this in settings, I noticed it also, easy fix.

Where? I can find speed but the speed it self is not the issue. The problem is that the camera only starts to move properly after about half a second after the mouse starts moving. It feels very odd.

And my system is up to spec even if performance in general is abmyssal.

I7 @ 3.6 ghz, ssd drive, 6 gb ram and gtx 670.. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

It's not just camera lag OP. It's mouse movemt lag. It's a huge issue on the level of swtor ability delay.  Wait till the official forums come up. 

When I first joined TSW''s CB back in early May, it had the same problem. The mouse turn speed would become slow and clunky after zoning. At the time I was shocked that the problem had made it that far. We raised hell immediately. They were able to get it fixed about a week later. 

This issue for a pvpr is the biggest problem facing GW2 atm. It will never be an Esport if they don't clear this up. 

edit - you should change the title to mouse movement lag OP.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I dont get this at all, but I can see how it can be annoying.

Originally posted by Kuppa

Does your camera move at full speed the instant you move your mouse?

Originally posted by Kuppa

go do some spvp kuppa, it's more pronounced there. If you pay attention while pve'n you will noticed the distance you need to do a 360 increase at times from 1 in or so to 4 or 5 inches. 

• CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353
    I think this is a design choice. GW1 has it as well but it's not that bad. I hope they at least make an option to turn it off as well.

Eat me!

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

This is NOT a design choice. It's poor and jerky implementation of camera movement. 

It is not a camera lag in fact, it's called camera smoothing - even if you stop moving your mouse, the camera seems to continue in that direction for another half a second. Plus it starts slowly and accelerates (camera acceleration) if you continue moving your mouse in the same direction.

Plus the camera swings around your head if you move too fast from left to ride. Usually GAMES PORTED FROM CONSOLES have this issue, since gamepad needs camera acceleration in order to move faster from one side to another. Mouse DOES not need that, but developers obviously are unable to spend enough time to properly port it for PC USERS.

It's a game breaking issue for me, I could overlook anything else, jerky and swingy camera movement is totally unaccaptable - especially for a PvP mainly game.

REALITY CHECK

• coretestercoretester Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by Thillian

This is NOT a design choice. It's poor and jerky implementation of camera movement. 

It is not a camera lag in fact, it's called camera smoothing - even if you stop moving your mouse, the camera seems to continue in that direction for another half a second. Plus it starts slowly and accelerates (camera acceleration) if you continue moving your mouse in the same direction.

Plus the camera swings around your head if you move too fast from left to ride. Usually GAMES PORTED FROM CONSOLES have this issue, since gamepad needs camera acceleration in order to move faster from one side to another. Mouse DOES not need that, but developers obviously are unable to spend enough time to properly port it for PC USERS.

It's a game breaking issue for me, I could overlook anything else, jerky and swingy camera movement is totally unaccaptable - especially for a PvP mainly game.

You just completely nailed it. Best way I've seen this issue being explained in detail. it's sad that the majority don't even see or understand it. Likely not to be fixed. This is the main reason I'm playing Forge alpha right now instead of GW2. I even have GW2 CE on a shelf. 

GW2 is a really good game, but this is as the above poster states game breaking for serious competetive pvp. You should never lose due to the game doing something strange or wrong. 

If you were in CB for TSW around May you will know that I said the same thing. 

OHMAGAWD!! Call the cops!

As I said.. it's a feature but it's over the top. An easy fix if enough people are against it.

Eat me!

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Sounds like your system needs an upgrade or even your video drivers need updating. I have no problems at all but I have a mid to upper level system. Maybe post your system info for the braniacs to help you more. :)

I believe it is mouse lag. Remember the ability delay from SWTOR? where some said it effects them while others said it didn't effct them at all? something like that. I have not noticed it but some of the guildied notice the lag.

Bite Me

Originally posted by CookieTime

As I said.. it's a feature but it's over the top. An easy fix if enough people are against it.

So they actually designed it to be this way.. Without an option of turning it off?

I just can't see how artifiically creating lag is seens as a good thing by the developers if it is indeed intended.

Definitivly a game breaking "feature" for my part. I'm only level 8 but it's starting to get to me.

Some people said the exact samething in TSW CB ;) We are gamers some of us competitive. We understand the difference between an animation "feature" and system problem.

Understand I can't wait to compete in tournys. This is something they need to clear up though.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

Why on earth they would make it a "feature' on purpose? i am lost on this.

Bite Me

I'm not making the game.. they are. So I don't know why they went so far with the mouse smoothness. As said earlier, GW1 has it but it's not as bad. Camera control is often a very subjective matter and I hope that enough people share their experience on the forums when they go up.

IMO the camera is centered too much on the character and FOV is too narrow as well. I made a topic about this on the beta forums. So if this is a problem, I suggest you do the same for the camera lag..

Eat me!

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/362443/Camera-swing-as-you-rotate-any-way-to-change.html

I called it swing, because when you swing, it's a pivot of acceleration and then deceleration, which is what happens with the camera as you move the mouse.  Glad to see I'm finally not alone.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

I say you bring this up on the Guild Wars 2 reddit & the official forums (once they are back up). If it gains enough traction for ArenaNet to be aware of the issue, then we will likely see some change. It's the reason why the game has key-bind modifiers and "sell all junk" button.

Originally posted by Master10K

I say you bring this up on the Guild Wars 2 reddit & the official forums (once they are back up). If it gains enough traction for ArenaNet to be aware of the issue, then we will likely see some change. It's the reason why the game has key-bind modifiers and "sell all junk" button.

Trust me there will be a super techy guy who makes videos and gives examples for his official forum thread.

• werkaempftwerkaempft Member Posts: 1

Let's hope this fixes it for you as it did me. How high do you have your shadows? I, myself, have it at Ultra (mem., my PC is running two OC'ed GTX 570's); but, I found that it caused what you described as "camera movement lag"--an issue that was fixed upon lowering my shadow setting from Ultra to High.