Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Queue Wars 2 is a very fun game...

2»

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Horam

The issue I have is playing with friends can be a real hassle. Can't really group up till everyone is out of the overflow which can take hours.

Or, you could just have your party leader click on the party members portraits and select "join in".

Voila! You just figured out how to meet up with friends regardless of whether some are in the overflow or not. Apparently what's really a hassle for you is reading, because if you had you would already be aware of this option.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Frixter
    Originally posted by Zezda
    instance, you mean.

That's interesting because I think you either don't know what the word context means or you just meant to be mean.  How about in this 'instance' you stay on topic and express an opinion about what I meant about "World Vs World Currently Queued (FOR 9 FREAKING HOURS including relogs and reboots)"? 

There are six worlds that are currently unable to access WvW.

ANet is working on it. If you guys had bothered to pay attention, you could have avoided 9 hours of frustration from banging your head against the wall wondering what was up.

• FrixterFrixter Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Kost
    instance, you mean.

That's interesting because I think you either don't know what the word context means or you just meant to be mean.  How about in this 'instance' you stay on topic and express an opinion about what I meant about "World Vs World Currently Queued (FOR 9 FREAKING HOURS including relogs and reboots)"? 

ANet is working on it. If you guys had bothered to pay attention, you could have avoided 9 hours of frustration from banging your head against the wall wondering what was up.

Thanks for the info!  I feel a little better now.  Tell me please though for future reference how to "bother to PAY attention"?  I thought I paid attention with my fifty or so bucks purchase.  It would have been nice if Anet had "bothered" to give an in game announcement or an adjustment to the queue status.  And for the record, I am not a "twit" like you.  Was aggreeing to be a "twit" part of the QW2 UA?  I admit I never read those like everyone else.

ANYWAY, I just got my borderlands invite....cyas!

www.uz-inc.com

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    instance, you mean.

Thanks for the info!  I feel a little better now.  Tell me please though for future reference how to "bother to PAY attention"?  I thought I paid attention with my fifty or so bucks purchase.  It would have been nice if Anet had "bothered" to give an in game announcement or an adjustment to the queue status.  And for the record, I am not a "twit" like you.  Was aggreeing to be a "twit" part of the QW2 UA?  I admit I never read those like everyone else.

ANYWAY, I just got my borderlands invite....cyas!

Bye, thanks for supporting ArenaNet.

Also, I like that you let your money do the thinking for you. It shows and it makes it easier for the rest of us to deal with you.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Bioware?

4 sail cheep: Used sever bladez. liek knew.

Call Monty 888-555-9938.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

I fail to see why people are complaining about this, everyone should have known in an instanced game with no open world pvp there were going to be queues.

As for people claiming "they are working on this"....how exactly are they working on this? What is the magical solution to this minor problem?

Go explore the world instead, enjoy the low level pve the way it's meant to be experienced with loads of other players before these zones become empty wastelands a-la Rift.

GW2 players should have known this was the game they were purchasing before the hype train derailed. This is the problem with buying any mmo at release and is the reason a lot of players now wait a few weeks for the launch problems to be resolved, im still amazed players who buy a game at release are suddenly surprised when things don't go perfectly.

However, with no subs fees you can't even vote with your feet, they already have your money :)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• HoramHoram Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Horam

The issue I have is playing with friends can be a real hassle. Can't really group up till everyone is out of the overflow which can take hours.

Or, you could just have your party leader click on the party members portraits and select "join in".

Voila! You just figured out how to meet up with friends regardless of whether some are in the overflow or not. Apparently what's really a hassle for you is reading, because if you had you would already be aware of this option.

Wow, thanks for taking the time to be condescending. We've tried this many times and it doesn't work.

But hey obviously this is our fault and not a game issue as there aren't any bugs and launched 100% perfect.

• Chile267Chile267 Member UncommonPosts: 141

For those who do not like instancing and have posted so...

You will be moved to a traditional queue.  We are trying to be PC here. Pun intended.

Your number is 678,349 before getting to play GW2. Enjoy Angry Birds while you wait. *Elevator Music*

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Fratman
    Originally posted by Zzad

Overflown system is the best thing since sliced bread.

No more queues..no more 2 hours waiting in front of a loging screen counting numbers to get into the server....

It´s simply brilliant.

Kudos to ArenaNet.

Yes, what a brilliant move to create even more instances in a genre that is already being killed by too much instancing. It's pure genius!

So you prefer to stay counting numbers on a loging screen?

I prefer to play buddy....

To be honest if we're talking specifically about GW2, then yeah I'd rather just play since it doesn't really matter anyway. It's all an instance grind in the end. However, in a real mmo,  I would prefer sitting in a queue rather than having the players on my server split across random instances.

are you saying GW2 is not a real MMO?

do you even know what MMO stands for?

I mean...by your words i can see how much you hate GW2...but not calling it a MMO... all an instanced grind?

have you ever even tried the game...? do you even know what kind of game is it?? i mean...

OMG...just loled

• lightbladelightblade Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by Zylaxx
    nt

Reported for trolling.image

Acknowledged as a fanboi/moron.

As a response to other productive replies...apparently you guys are having troubles even logging into the game or have issues with the pve zone instancing.  I have no issue here. My gripe is that I (and a few friends) have been queued for the pvp zone for several hours now.  Frankly, I would be happy with instancing in the pvp frontier zone like they do in the pve zones as at least I would get to play where I want.

I'm sure this is something they are working on.

There is always the other PvP (which is instanced).
  • NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by waynejr2

No more queues..no more 2 hours waiting in front of a loging screen counting numbers to get into the server....

It´s simply brilliant.

Kudos to ArenaNet.

I liked it over 8 years ago when City of Heroes did it.

I didn't like it in COH either ;)

Bite Me

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673
    Wow this game hasn't been out for a whole weekend yet and already I'm starting to wonder if they are going to challenge DF fan base for the most condescending group of mmo gamers in history and the funny thing about it is the population in GW1 seemed so different than the fanboys and girls following this game.
  • ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

It´s simply brilliant.

Kudos to ArenaNet.

Yes, what a brilliant move to create even more instances in a genre that is already being killed by too much instancing. It's pure genius!

EHHH dont know what your problem is man but GW2 has far less instancing then GW1 ever had

• rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by Ezekel

It´s simply brilliant.

Kudos to ArenaNet.

Better that than not letting people play or having to open three times as many servers at launch as you will need in a few months thereby creating massive server population problems.

The system is better than being stuck at a login que, but it is only marginally better and mainly suits the Single Player RPG solo types, since the chance of grouping with friends is very low.

They need to bring three times as many servers up at launch and consolidate later or invest in technology and work for a real solution like  CCP does with EvE or what FunCom is bringing to Age of Conan. 

• crewthiefcrewthief Member Posts: 235
    Originally posted by Tutu2
    nt

You really didn't see this coming? This is why you wait for the hype to die down and wait at least 2 weeks.

I realize that I should have added "pvp zone (wvw)" to my original thread title.  To answer your question...NO, I did not see this comming.  All the games that touted rvr had no waiting queues for such.  

Let me be clear...I have had no trouble logging in to the game, lag, bugs, etc.  My only problem is that I cannot play in the WvW zone because I am in a persistant queue.  I don't want to play pve, I don't want to play instanced BGs.  I want to play DAoC and Warhammer style RvR.

Apparently, "WvW" is much different than traditional RvR in a particularly annoying respect.

Again, I am sure it is simply because it is only day two of release.  So I admit that you are unfortunately correct.  However, you must admit that goofing/planning rvr/wvw zone queueing is a first for mmo releases?  Especially one where persistant pvp was supposed to be a focus point.

I think you really need to take into account the astronomical number of people playing right now Frixter. I know it's annoying, but the numbers will stabilize in a few weeks and people will get into their normal gaming routines. It's launch weekend and possibly close to 2 million people are trying to play the game in the same timeframe. 

Sorroe, Human Mesmer
    Jade Quarry Server

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

Even in the most busiest and croweded server....jade quarry.. most i ever had to wait for WVW is 30 mins.

If every server holds 5000'ish players and 60% of the people want to do WVW this is bound to happen. Remember WVW only holds about 1200 players if i remember correctly (perserver) .  My feeling is 10 days from now this wont even be a problem. In the mean time enjoy sPVP. its great

Oh and if ur waiting hours to get into WVW, most likely your WVW server is broken and arena net is working on repairing it as we speak.

This discussion has been closed.