Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is population holding in WoW with GW2 release ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
Anyone seeing a loss in population or Guilds in WoW since GW2 started ?

Comments

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524

Nope. (If you like WoW)

Yes. (If you like GW2)

I don't care. (If you're going to play both or neither)

Feel free to pick one.

Eleanor Rigby.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Hmm WoW EU has around 85 death servers, cant realy tell as /who reveals 5 people for over a year in prime time :P

• omidusomidus Member UncommonPosts: 99
    you should go /who in stormwind or ogrimmar if you want to know that badly.
  • MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415

Well, it's midday in europe here. Looking at the us and eu realm status, the majority is medium, some (well, alot with some many servers, but you get it) ar high or low.

Seems pretty normal right now. I'm pretty sure there's alot of wow players playing GW2 right now, since it is a big AAA mmo release like SWTOR, Rift, etc. I honestly think it's better to make any kind of comparasion when MOP hits.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Hmm WoW EU has around 85 death servers, cant realy tell as /who reveals 5 people for over a year in prime time :P

There are quite a few med-high pop servers in Europe. Don't know what's the situation now with GW's release.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    In the EU I would say no, people are still stealing mining nodes that were clearly for me!
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    If there will be a noticeable drop it will be tuesday, not today.
  • DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

I would think the majority of people that play WOW will either get GW2 and play both, or skip GW2.

From my guild in WOW i just know of 2 so far that have GW2. Me and 1 other. And we will both be getting  MOP.

Only thing i am not sure of is how big the WvwWv (PVP) draw will be. Not many of my guild do much PVP in WOW. So not a big draw there either.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Just like any other MMO, WOW players will gie it a try, and go back to playing WOW. However, being B2P a lot of WOW players can play both at same time.

Bite Me

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    I play now and population is the same like always.You enter in to random bg in few sec. Stormwind and Ogrimar are crowded on my realms. Idon't think it will change anything
  • zyklonianzyklonian Member UncommonPosts: 51
    area-52 still crowded as ever
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Treekodar

Nope. (If you like WoW)

Yes. (If you like GW2)

I don't care. (If you're going to play both or neither)

Feel free to pick one.

I choose door number 3

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

One thing I know about WoW players, they'll never give in..

no matter if there is a better MMORPG is coming out, they are sorta "blind" for it and just keep on playing WoW.

I know this, cause a friend of mine is just the same.....

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by snoocky

One thing I know about WoW players, they'll never give in..

no matter if there is a better MMORPG is coming out, they are sorta "blind" for it and just keep on playing WoW.

I know this, cause a friend of mine is just the same.....

*Better* is subjective. Maybe so many WOW players play WOW because they actually enjoy it?  not because they are blind or because Bioware is using Jedi mind control tricks on them. Is that really hard to understand ?

Bite Me

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

I doubt there will be a night and day drop in players for GW2.   WOW is in such a funk right now with no new content that anyone who would be interested in a new game probably unsubscribed back in March. 

I do question the longevity of GW2.  A lot of players now are saying what I said 4 months ago.. dynamic events aren´t nearly as dynamic as they were made out to be and are nothing more than Rifts and PQs.  While they are fun, they also become boring fast and are not enough to sustain the PVE side of things.

GW1 and GW2 are more about pvp... and I just think a lot of people thought there was going to be more pve content and progression than there will be.