Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Glad everyone is finally in but....

JSigman780JSigman780 Member Posts: 4

I am glad to see that for the most part the technical issues that plagued last night's release (and yes it was a release) have been mostly resolved and that most of the individuals who were initially tearing this game apart for technical issues no long have that to complain about.  However, it saddens me greatly that a community such as the MMO community which normally can do and be amazing things given the raids and other things ingame we can accomplish, have turned into vicious, nasty, and quite frankly childish crazy people.

I agree that noone should be reviewing this game this early.  The legitimate gaming websites won't do anything except first impression reviews for at least the next 1 to 2 weeks and the only reason they wait even that long is to give some sense of complete review even though they truthfully can't even do that.  They are under pressure to post a review because of deadlines in a lot of cases but that is neither here nor there.  It truly makes me wonder what the community of MMO players have deevolved into that within one day people can scream at the top of their lungs that this game is either good or bad, without even playing the majority of the game. Even if you are one of the elite few who is closing in on level 50 or 60, I hate to say but I think you missed most of the game somewhere along the line. 

Included in these ridiculous, too early, reviews are the nastiness towards anyone that has an opinion on something you can judge for yourself this early.  For example, an individual who say I dislike the combat system and then get a page and a half of responses saying you can't judge the combat system, doesn't deserve the hate.  The reason especially in this game is that you can judge it because all of the skills become available fairly early on, and if you don't like the basic mechanics you won't like it when you get the few options for advanced mechanics as you advance.

The point of this is that I have seen dozens of MMO launches and they always end up this same way.  I guess the reason it is worse here is because of the hype and the reason this is in the GW2 section and not a general section is because more than anywhere else this is where the most of this traffic is coming from and I was able to use the combat system as a shining example.  I would ask people to please just calm down, if you are passionate either way, just calm down.  Constructive criticism is cool but personal and just nasty attacks are ridiculous.

This is just my opinion, I am sured to get flamed but I just hope that reality will set in and people can read and respect opinions that are being posted and when they reply at least give better arguements then, "Nope, it just isn't that way."  I hope to see you all in game.

Comments

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415

The gist of what you wrote is that no one should disagree with anyone else.

If it's okay for people to say something negative about the game, then it is just as okay for other people to tell them they do not agree.

You can't support one without supporting the other and make any rational sense, regardless of how many words you type trying to make it sound rational.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Don't take the negative stuff to serious many are just poking fun at the GW2 launch because of the fact its been rammed down players of other games throats for a while now so a bit of glee is always going to show from those fans. This forum is all about the PvP aspect and those of us who understand don't take it serious enough for it to bother us, its just entertaining to see the fans run around trying to put out the flames, they only have themselves to blame really for trashing other games.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

No one should be anywhere near level 60 in this game. If so they really need to take a second look at their gaming habbits. I'm pretty hardcore in my playtime myself.. Putting in 6 hours in on a fairly regular basis..

But wow.. It's been just over 24 hours. There's no way anyone should be near max levels..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by Opapanax

No one should be anywhere near level 60 in this game. If so they really need to take a second look at their gaming habbits. I'm pretty hardcore in my playtime myself.. Putting in 6 hours in on a fairly regular basis..

But wow.. It's been just over 24 hours. There's no way anyone should be near max levels..

Maybe not in 24 hours but in a couple of days you will see world's first. it is bound to happen.

Bite Me

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

Rule of thumb: Dont play a MMO on release day, and dont read anything about that game on release day.

(this rule may expand up to 3-5 days, after the dust has settled.. and the same is true for patch day ;))

And by the way, i expect more or less the same chaos on tuesday.

PS: I bought the game(no prepurchase, no headstart), but i will most probably play it Thursday/Friday at first.

PPS: By the way do anyone know how many ppl played yesterday? Prepurchased it? Just for curiosity.

Originally posted by Nikkita

Maybe not in 24 hours but in a couple of days you will see world's first. it is bound to happen.

And who cares? Is it important? Especially in a game like GW2, where level dont mean that much? Srsly. In a game like Shadowbane, or Asherons Call(DarkTide), a heavy pvp driven, level/gear dependent game this may be important.. but not in a game like GW2.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by Apraxis
    Originally posted by Nikkita

And who cares? Is it important? Especially in a game like GW2, where level dont mean that much? Srsly. In a game like Shadowbane, or Asherons Call(DarkTide), a heavy pvp driven, level/gear dependent game this may be important.. but not in a game like GW2.

Come on now..you think people who rush to level caps in couple of days do it only for gear?

Bite Me

I dont know it at all.

In heavy pvp games it was about world domination. If your clan got more high level player with good gear you could control entiry zones(and of course it was done). But in a game like GW2 or any PvE game for that matter. No i dont know. And i dont care either.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I think you all just need to relax and enjoy/ talk about games rather then having these meta discussions about the community and how folks post.

(and yes, I am aware of the irony in what I am saying in my posting this)

• JSigman780JSigman780 Member Posts: 4
    My point was not to tell people to crticize or to tell people they shouldn't have an opinion.  My point was a lot of what is being put out their is pure nastiness.  I see my point was obviously lost.  So much for trying, back to the game I guess.
  • AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

This is nothing new, I remember the utter rage and contempt for the Devs when EQ1 wasn't available to play after a patch, the chat rooms (if they where up after patching) where packed with moaners/whiners/wannabe-ragequitters and every thing else in-between.

After all these years it hasn't changed and it never will, ppl need to vent their frustrations and unfortunate as it is the Devs and those that try to defend them are the targets.

I've always tried my best not to get frustrated, although when your so immersed in a game that you can't see the bigger picture then yes you feel like everything you have worked for has been ripped away to spite you, even though ofc that isn't the case.

• XtenXten Member Posts: 119
    These 'its not faair"  moan threads are worse then early reviews imo.
  • CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by JSigman780
    My point was not to tell people to crticize or to tell people they shouldn't have an opinion.  My point was a lot of what is being put out their is pure nastiness.  I see my point was obviously lost.  So much for trying, back to the game I guess.

The problem is as I said earlier is you are taking it too seriously, if you enjoy the game play it don't worry about others unless you like a bit of forum PvP of course. image

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Calerxes
    Originally posted by JSigman780

The problem is as I said earlier is you are taking it too seriously, if you enjoy the game play it don't worry about others unless you like a bit of forum PvP of course. image

I agree with just playing and enjoying the game. I don't concern myself with what others think I should be doing with my game time. I just feel like if your rushing to get to some sort of end game in GW2 just like any other MMO someone might burn through; that you are missing most of the games quality.

To consume months worth of content in a matter of hours / days is a waste of money IMO. Unless that is seriously your thing to do, locust through games mega fast..

Again can't tell people to do with the game time, but at least sit back and enjoy the view. It's rings pretty true here in GW2. There's just tons of things to actually go "see" to take in the world. Which has been crafted pretty damn good..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.