Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I got Banned/Blocked for no reason. I seriously dident do anything.

Comments

• dwarfusdwarfus Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by Misaris
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott

What kind of fourth reich regime are they running?  A dude in a thread earlier was banned for a bad joke, another for having the name "screw you".... Seriously rediculous.  No warnings, just straight up bans... and on launch day...

They seem to be ostracizing anyone they think could be offensive.

Wow, just.. wow.

Fits well to their "no public forum" policy and all the guerilla marketing that happened to create hype.

NcSoft Korean Conspiracy

You're right....nazis. Everyone.

Come on guys. Are you kidding? Shouldn't all people who name themselves screwyou be banned? I would sign up for that. At least it might limit the anonymous people from hating on other people for no reason. Kinda like this threads theme.

So who else has an agenda they'd like to display? You guys are really making a name for yourselves....Misaris and Fratman

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344

So who else has an agenda they'd like to display? You guys are really making a name for yourselves....Misaris and Fratman

Tell us more about these agendas, Dwarfus. What do you think our agenda is? Where are we getting are orders from? Do you find people in your everyday life also have these hidden agendas that you sometimes uncover?  

Originally posted by Fratman

Tell us more about these agendas, Dwarfus. What do you think our agenda is? Where are we getting are orders from? Do you find people in your everyday life also have these hidden agendas that you sometimes uncover?  

I like how you deleted the comments...nice approach. You asked, so I'll just quote the previous quote.

Originally posted by Fratman

I guess this is the downside to not having a monthly fee. Arenanet can ban people for any little offense and not really lose anything. They don't have to work for a customer's continued loyalty and sub fees. That's also why there's no endgame to speak of either. lol.

My previous response (which you already read and deleted):

Do you have an agenda here sir? You go from Arenanet not having a sub fee which is true to them not caring about customers long term which is a real stretch (and false as any person who has ever worked in a capitalist system would know), to Arenanet not having an endgame in place.

Classic agenda flow of logic. 

So what is your game of choice Fratman? Why you so bitter? You don't have enough beer pong and lying to sorority girls to keep you busy?

Can we please stop posting now? I don't know where you get your orders from....but there are so many more thoughtful and productive orders that could be given so whoever is in charge over there should just step down and take a hiatus.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by dwarfus

What kind of fourth reich regime are they running?  A dude in a thread earlier was banned for a bad joke, another for having the name "screw you".... Seriously rediculous.  No warnings, just straight up bans... and on launch day...

Wow, just.. wow.

Fits well to their "no public forum" policy and all the guerilla marketing that happened to create hype.

NcSoft Korean Conspiracy

Come on guys. Are you kidding? Shouldn't all people who name themselves screwyou be banned? I would sign up for that. At least it might limit the anonymous people from hating on other people for no reason. Kinda like this threads theme.

It's just a bit extreme.  A name change could be easily done.. also, how offensive is Poopy Joe or Screwyou.  Not very offensive at all, not to anyone over the age of 8.  Where do you draw the line?  Would Toilet Brush be banned?  In beta I named my character Forest Gump, is that not acceptable?

If he named himself faggot or nigger then a ban would be completely justified.  Banning someone for the name Poopy Joe or for making a joke in bad taste shouldn't be enough for a straight up ban.  People aren't even getting warnings...

It just seems a bit heavy handed.  It's not like they're in rp servers...

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by Tcbys
    Originally posted by Yaos
    So it had nothing to do with the swearing you were doing on map chat?

Swaring should not get somoene banned when theres a profanity filter.

Also I hardly use the map chat. I say thx if someone revived me or something.

The profanity filter is in place for the protection of players. sometimes my young kids watch me play and the last thing i want is for them to be subjected to some potty mouth. Then there are just people that take offense to being subjected to foul language and inappropriate chat.

But...the ToS in any MMO in history CLEARLY states that inappropriate language will not be tolerated.

A "profanity filter" should not be thought of as a "potty mouth enabler"

• SanHorSanHor Member UncommonPosts: 336

OP contact Anet support,  your account was most likely hijacked and no one on this forum can help you.

The rest, it warms my heart to know some of you were banned for inappropriate names or misbehaviour. People won't tolerate your puberty issues. They don't care, they just want you out of the way so that they can undisturbedly play.

• wolffinwolffin Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Its nice to know they take there naming policy serious.

• FishbaitzFishbaitz Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by neorandom

if you got banned for a name, then you should have read the nameing policy better.  theyll clearly state proper naming edicate to avoid being banned over a bad name.

if it was for the name when the temp ban is lifted youll need to rename undoubtedly, pick better next time.

persay instead of poopy-joe go with joe dirte

Except the name Joe Dirte is also against their naming policy. Check the part about copyrighted names and about intentional spellings to get around that. Granted, I'm not sure if they will follow through.

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344
    Originally posted by wrightstuf
    Originally posted by Yaos
    So it had nothing to do with the swearing you were doing on map chat?

Swaring should not get somoene banned when theres a profanity filter.

Also I hardly use the map chat. I say thx if someone revived me or something.

The profanity filter is in place for the protection of players. sometimes my young kids watch me play and the last thing i want is for them to be subjected to some potty mouth. Then there are just people to take offense to being subjected to foul language and inappropriate chat.

There's a really good fix for both those problems. Don't play GW2 if being offended is such a concern. It's much easier for you to just not play the game than it is for Arenanet to monitor and punish everyone else on the server for using "potty mouth" langauge occasionally. 

Why would you even want other people to censor themselves in chat just on the off chance that you might offended? What a weird mentality to have when it comes to playing an online/social game.

Originally posted by dwarfus

Wow, just.. wow.

NcSoft Korean Conspiracy

It's just a bit extreme.  A name change could be easily done.. also, how offensive is Poopy Joe or Screwyou.  Not very offensive at all, not to anyone over the age of 8.  Where do you draw the line?  Would Toilet Brush be banned?  In beta I named my character Forest Gump, is that not acceptable?

If he named himself faggot or nigger then a ban would be completely justified.  Banning someone for the name Poopy Joe or for making a joke in bad taste shouldn't be enough for a straight up ban.  People aren't even getting warnings...

It just seems a bit heavy handed.  It's not like they're in rp servers...

I'm not denying they should send a warning. I just think the argument ends there.

The rest of this thread's argument is nonsense. And at some point, trying to make a point an argument of anything further by repeative posting becomes an agenda. I rest my case and my head. If you all want to continue to delete half my posts to try to make some justified reason why Arenanet is crazy go right ahead.

• MelonCiderMelonCider Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I had to google poopy joe because i didnt even know what it means. And I dont think its fair to ban someone because of that, even the OP seems like he didnt know what it meant. I dont want to be wary of what type of names i need to make, I planning to use my name but still...people may come out with a name and think its harmless just to be banned without notice. Although i dont like seeing people walking around with a name like "sjkrjrjrodjenooo" or something
  • wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Devs tend to be alot more forgiving with names that may infringe on a copyright as opposed to an offensive name.

For example, in WoW, I named my hunter "Barnes Noble"...Blizz changed ithe first name. As it turned out, they came up with a female name, lol. (char was male). I emailed them pleading for at least a male name and to my surprise they came thru. They emailed me back telling me to submit my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices from which they picked and made that the permanent name.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by Jeff7477
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    I'm going to call BS on this one. I can see maybe 'gold selling' or something bad, but misconduct? Yeah, 99% chance it was you for that. Don't go talking bad in chat and making obvious threads about you trying to claim innocent when you were not. 

Human Enginner I call Poopy-Joe

Ding ding ding

yea, close this ridicilous thread will ya mods?

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by Espion

It is because this is a game for kiddies.  Grown-ups don't play this kind of boring mmo.

No, being grown up comes with alot of insight, in this case the acceptance that other people may like other things than what you like even when those things are regarded as silly in your opinion.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252

I really hope the staff keeps this policy up.

It has been proven again and again that a big portion of the mmocommunity just can´t control itself nor can make use of any amount of common sense and netiquette, so i am all for them learning the lesson the hard way.

Of course, i would make those bans just temporary, it´s not like people should lose their money and effort for having a bad day or screwing up,  but a few days of being banned would do the trick.

People need to learn that they can´t get away with being asses or trying to be funny in a nasty way just because  a screen keeps them hidden from the rest of the world.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Wow, just.. wow.

SO people are getting badden for being douches on launch day. How dare they. I am sure there customer department is just twidling thumbs and have plenty of time to review each case on its merrits, discuss it with fellow workers and yield a fair and well thought out judgement...

NOT.

Tip of the day: Dont annoy GM's on a launch day, or they will take away your fun and put you in a corner to wait it out, while they help people with real problems, and not idiots who are problems themselfs.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Banning a player because he created a toon with an inappropiate name would be plain ridiculous. A forced name change maybe, but a straight out ban would go way too far on a buy to play game. Especially since their naming policy is very subjective. Not to mention all the possible translation mistakes when people try to create an English name.

That said, I don't believe that the OP got banned for the name of his toon.

• TcbysTcbys Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by someforumguy

Banning a player because he created a toon with an inappropiate name would be plain ridiculous. A forced name change maybe, but a straight out ban would go way too far on a buy to play game. Especially since their naming policy is very subjective. Not to mention all the possible translation mistakes when people try to create an English name.

That said, I don't believe that the OP got banned for the name of his toon.

I think my account got hacked. That chracter I dident make.

Im still trying to get ahold of somoene to sort this mess out.

I read on Redit that people getitng banned for saying sware words in chat.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Banning people on launch day for anything than 3rd party hacks or blatant gold spamming is incredibly retarded. Also see sig.
  • IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252

And i applaud A-net on this.

It´s about time people learned that "lol the internet!111" ain´t an excuse to be a douche to everyone else.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Don't be a "Bookah" then. Since I now know what that word means due to some old GW1: EotN footage. I think you're lieing and perhaps didn't deserve a full ban but maybe a written warning and a name change is in order. This sends out a good message I think as I don't like seeing stupid names around. It leaves a bad impression.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

'But I can be stupid in all these other games and get away with it, even if they were suppose to be punishing me!!!!!1111oneone'

Yeah, go away. 

Originally posted by IfrianMMO

And i applaud A-net on this.

It´s about time people learned that "lol the internet!111" ain´t an excuse to be a douche to everyone else.

Thats really stupid. Its just a sware word. Are people really getting thin skinned now days?

Theres THREE levels of CHAT FILTER IN GAME!!

Originally posted by emperorwings
    Don't be a "Bookah" then. Since I now know what that word means due to some old GW1: EotN footage. I think you're lieing and perhaps didn't deserve a full ban but maybe a written warning and a name change is in order. This sends out a good message I think as I don't like seeing stupid names around. It leaves a bad impression.

Poopy-Joe is a good funny name.

Poopy-Joe is an honest man.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Sounds to me like a hacked account, not a silly name that got your account banned. In regards to the discussion on language it's children who find things like poopy joe funny not adults, no disrespect to the op but just being honest. Hope you get it sorted and wish you the best of luck....