Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Queue Wars 2 is a very fun game...

FrixterFrixter Member Posts: 11
nt

www.uz-inc.com

Comments

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Overflown system is the best thing since sliced bread.

No more queues..no more 2 hours waiting in front of a loging screen counting numbers to get into the server.... No more dozens of dead servers 2 weeks after release...

It´s simply brilliant.

Kudos to ArenaNet.

• FrixterFrixter Member Posts: 11
    Yesterday logged in at ~9pst and rvr'ed (ahem...excuse me, wvw'ed) with my buds for 6 hours and had a blast not felt for a while.  Today, 80% of us have had 7 hours of wait time to enter the wvw pvp zones.  Not good.

www.uz-inc.com

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344
    Originally posted by Zzad

No more queues..no more 2 hours waiting in front of a loging screen counting numbers to get into the server....

It´s simply brilliant.

Kudos to ArenaNet.

Yes, what a brilliant move to create even more instances in a genre that is already being killed by too much instancing. It's pure genius!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

No more queues..no more 2 hours waiting in front of a loging screen counting numbers to get into the server....

It´s simply brilliant.

Kudos to ArenaNet.

I liked it over 8 years ago when City of Heroes did it.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

wtfn wvw overflow zones (minus "relics")?

www.uz-inc.com

• EzekelEzekel Member Posts: 98
    Originally posted by Fratman

It´s simply brilliant.

Kudos to ArenaNet.

Yes, what a brilliant move to create even more instances in a genre that is already being killed by too much instancing. It's pure genius!

Better that than not letting people play or having to open three times as many servers at launch as you will need in a few months thereby creating massive server population problems.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Frixter
    nt

Reported for trolling.image

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

It´s simply brilliant.

Kudos to ArenaNet.

So you prefer to stay counting numbers on a loging screen?

I prefer to play buddy....

Originally posted by Zylaxx
    nt

Reported for trolling.image

Acknowledged as a fanboi/moron.

As a response to other productive replies...apparently you guys are having troubles even logging into the game or have issues with the pve zone instancing.  I have no issue here. My gripe is that I (and a few friends) have been queued for the pvp zone for several hours now.  Frankly, I would be happy with instancing in the pvp frontier zone like they do in the pve zones as at least I would get to play where I want.

I'm sure this is something they are working on.

www.uz-inc.com

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344

It´s simply brilliant.

Kudos to ArenaNet.

To be honest if we're talking specifically about GW2, then yeah I'd rather just play since it doesn't really matter anyway. It's all an instance grind in the end. However, in a real mmo,  I would prefer sitting in a queue rather than having the players on my server split across random instances.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by Zzad Overflown system is the best thing since sliced bread. No more queues..no more 2 hours waiting in front of a loging screen counting numbers to get into the server.... It´s simply brilliant. Kudos to ArenaNet.

Where do you think they got the extra servers from?

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

To be honest if we're talking specifically about GW2, then yeah I'd rather just play since it doesn't really matter anyway. It's all an instance grind in the end. However, in a real mmo,  I would prefer sitting in a queue rather than having the players on my server split across random instances.

Oh, such wit! He plays with bold words! I am at loss!

On a serious note, you are welcome to dislike it, since you are entitled to your opinion. I do consider it an annoyance, but a much better solution than gating access to other parts of content and to secure the quality of WvW.

Ask for a refund (if you purchased it, of course), buy another real MMO, and have fun elsewhere.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

It´s simply brilliant.

Kudos to ArenaNet.

Define instances.

If I have a server full of players, just not the group that I played with before, am I playing in an instance still? If so, isn't every server just another instance of another, overflow or not? So by your logic, every single MMO out there other than EvE are instance heavy games, because they have more than one server for the game.

They simply shift you to another server while you wait for your server to be lesser loaded, that ASKS you to move back to it if you want to. You still play with other people, the world is still open to everyone outside your party, people can still be social with others.

But honestly, you rather sit at a waiting queue than playing a game. I don't honestly know what to say to that without being insulting.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572
    nt

You really didn't see this coming? This is why you wait for the hype to die down and major bugs to be stamped out.

Originally posted by Tutu2
    nt

You really didn't see this coming? This is why you wait for the hype to die down and wait at least 2 weeks.

I realize that I should have added "pvp zone (wvw)" to my original thread title.  To answer your question...NO, I did not see this comming.  All the games that touted rvr had no waiting queues for such.  

Let me be clear...I have had no trouble logging in to the game, lag, bugs, etc.  My only problem is that I cannot play in the WvW zone because I am in a persistant queue.  I don't want to play pve, I don't want to play instanced BGs.  I want to play DAoC and Warhammer style RvR.

Apparently, "WvW" is much different than traditional RvR in a particularly annoying respect.

Again, I am sure it is simply because it is only day two of release.  So I admit that you are unfortunately correct.  However, you must admit that goofing/planning rvr/wvw zone queueing is a first for mmo releases?  Especially one where persistant pvp was supposed to be a focus point.

www.uz-inc.com

• HoramHoram Member Posts: 16

The issue I have is playing with friends can be a real hassle. Can't really group up till everyone is out of the overflow which can take hours. Also, can't leave the zone and come back in or you'll just be put back into the overflow again.

At least with a queue once you were done waiting you never had to worry about being put back into it. (apart from logging out)

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Horam

The issue I have is playing with friends can be a real hassle. Can't really group up till everyone is out of the overflow which can take hours. Also, can't leave the zone and come back in or you'll just be put back into the overflow again.

At least with a queue once you were done waiting you never had to worry about being put back into it. (apart from logging out)

You can invite people to your group and they will enter your overflow area.

• HoramHoram Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by Horam

You can invite people to your group and they will enter your overflow area.

I had figured on that myself but it never works.

For you PvEers...a fix would be to make the game AoC style where you can choose your instance making it easy to group with friends.  Currently in QW2 not only is there not this option, there is only one wvw instance.  Not only do I not get to play with my friends, I dont get to play wvw at all!

www.uz-inc.com

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    instance

I don't think that means what you think it means.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

It´s simply brilliant.

Kudos to ArenaNet.

How about prefering more expensive method of single server technology? Having bilions of small servers like in GW2, is based on 20 year old server technology. Overflown server is nothing new and was here 10 years ago. This is the cheapest technology on market at the moment. 

REALITY CHECK

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    God some of you are such babies. Its like in SWTOR, people complained about the long queues, so they added more servers, then the servers were barren and everyone complained. Here people are complaining also about overflow. Its all going to get sorted out. There are never any perfect solutions to anything at launch so grow up. Its not like you are going to be paying a monthly fee so get over it.

There Is Always Hope!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Originally posted by waynejr2

Originally posted by Zzad Overflown system is the best thing since sliced bread. No more queues..no more 2 hours waiting in front of a loging screen counting numbers to get into the server.... It´s simply brilliant. Kudos to ArenaNet.

Where do you think they got the extra servers from?

Bioware?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Originally posted by Zezda
    instance, you mean.

That's interesting because I think you either don't know what the word context means or you just meant to be mean.  How about in this 'instance' you stay on topic and express an opinion about what I meant about "World Vs World Currently Queued (FOR 9 FREAKING HOURS including relogs and reboots)"? 

www.uz-inc.com

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by Zezda
    instance, you mean.

That's interesting because I think you either don't know what the word context means or you just meant to be mean.  How about in this 'instance' you stay on topic and express an opinion about what I meant about "World Vs World Currently Queued (FOR 9 FREAKING HOURS including relogs and reboots)"? 

Yes, let's take away the queue from WvW because you don't want a queue. Screw all those people who are playing without lag, I don't care if opening it up makes it unplayable! I'm sure you would be one of the first back on to these forums whining about the lag in WvW making it unplayable as well, telling ArenaNet to get more/better servers.

As for the overflow, would you rather not play at all and sit and watch the queue count down? I can see it now.. Yes, screw Overflow because it's making more instances when we should be having less! (Not that it doesn't stop you doing anything that you would be doing normally, which is the major drawback with instancing) and then you'll be right back here for the same reason you're here complaining about the WvW.

How about you suggest a better way to do it rather than trying to start bait threads on a forum.

This discussion has been closed.