Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two things that should be addressed.

OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103

I got a pre-order so I can't play during my day off so, I was reading and gathering information on the headstart during the day.

First of all as of now, by reading the offi news from the teams and replays from players I see things are fine now. 

You guys are crazy. You live and sleep and dream with the idea that the start will fail. And so you did it. Fail threads all over the internet all day. I mean.. what the fuck do you expect? The amount of traffic was way beyond scales for the system to handle. It feels like some of you have been living in a cage for the past 10 or so years.

It's like you "fail threaders and naysayers" want deep down inside of you to fail just for the mass chaos. and spam But nvm. You did it. I had a good laugh all day anyway.

And second thing of all is a question I couldn't see in the past 3 months:

We saw a few weeks ago how does the collector's edition looks like. Inside it the box with the DVD's was silver/white/metalic colored if I recall right.  My question is: will the normal retail box would be the same? Or pure white with the red logo upfront. I couldn't find any info on that. Also would it be a aluminium sort of a box like Aion's? That will be nice.

Edit:

By the time all of you were involved in the game of nerves today I sad news hit the globe. R.I.P. Neil Armstrong. You will never be forgotten for the things you've done. Thanks.

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

Comments

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Didnt fail for me.

Im having a riot of a good time. Ive crashed out a few times. Memeory leak, and I think an audio memory leak at that. But I get right back in, have a somewhat long Q time to get into WvWvW, or what ever its called.

I have to say I dont think Ive had this much fun in a MMO in a long, long time. Since WAR's RvR as a matter of fact (before it got all f'd up or ignored).

Truth to tell, feel guilty not paying a subscription fee Im having so much fun. Personally I think they should charge $3.99 - $6.99 maintenience fee a month just for server bandwidth.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• ManifoldManifold Member UncommonPosts: 29
    No fail here, in fact a resounding succes from what I have seen. The "fail-threaders" as you so eloquently call them are the same people that were complaining about this or that feature and predicting utter failure before launch. Just let it go and get ready to really enjoy yourself on Tuesday. See you in game :D

WildStar is like if Ratchet and Clank had a baby with Beyond Good & Evil and that baby was raised by World of Warcraft and Spore and babysat on the weekends by the aliens from Space Jam. It's an ugly bastard worth a few laughs but not much else.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    People who constantly expect failure will only see failure, regardless of anything else. Seems to be how us humans run nowadays.
  • JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by Enigmatus
    People who constantly expect failure will only see failure, regardless of anything else. Seems to be how us humans run nowadays.

Failure is only a speed bump on the road to success, unless you give up completely because of it.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Jagarid

Failure is only a speed bump on the road to success, unless you give up completely because of it.

That's kinda what I meant.

• OvumOvum Member UncommonPosts: 103

Actually this thread is a clarification for the day. Let's not dig into the same conversation about the status of the performance. The net is fed up already with trash talk.

Discuss my question please. :)

Music is the science of manipulating people trough sound.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

Really, was the launch THAT BAD?

It was down for like 3 hours. It hasn't been down since, yeah the overflows are borked and the auction house isn't working, but is it the end of the world?

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Psychologist call that confirmation bias, most religious and political ideologies rely on it to maintain control, and companies know that people will almost always attempt to justify a bad purchase/investment before they admit it was a mistake, so it goes both ways.

People become emotionally and psychologically invested in their positions and it takes a great deal of disconfirming evidence to change it (if at all), so whatever happens the "fanbois" and "haters" will see events as justification for business as usual. Objectivity can only be achieved if all opinions are formed after data is gathered, not before.