Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I already got BANNED.

clbembryclbembry Member Posts: 94

I said something along the lines of:

"You know you're addicted to Guild Wars 2 when your father gets drunk and beats your mother."

Innappropriate? Yes. Deserving of a ban? Maybe. Does anyone know how long these bans last for?

EDIT: I'm not complaining that I'm banned. Just want to throw that out there. I'm take full responsibility for my actions.

EDIT2: Because someone wanted proof http://gyazo.com/32f0f2b7697022dd8bc93159d4629665.png?1345922249

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by clbembry
    I said something along the lines of:

"You know you're addicted to Guild Wars 2 when your father gets drunk and beats your mother."

Innappropriate? Yes. Deserving of a ban? Maybe. Does anyone know how long these bans last for?

What would possess you to say that?

As for time? They could probably permanently disable your account because they already have your money and you breached your service contract.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    /facepalm

Bite Me

• kosaboykosaboy Member UncommonPosts: 50
    hopefully you are banned for life, i mean really? At least the joke could of been funny...
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    /sigh

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• FratmanFratman Member Posts: 344
    You got banned in GW2 for saying something silly like that? Wow, I'm glad I didn't buy the game. I'd probably last about 5 mins before I was banned too.
  • lerwenlerwen Member UncommonPosts: 34

72 hours i think 

i got banned for my toon name screw you

• zbitzbit Member Posts: 36

Why would you say such a thing? 

You should propably receive an e-mail with your ban details.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Nope, you'll be the one to tell us.

And btw, was that supposed to be funny? Its not that I find it offensive, what I mean is that doesnt even really make sense.

Maybe they banned you for making a stupid joke and not an offensive one....

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103
    /headdesk

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

You posted something that offensive and didn't expect a rapid response?

What planet do you come from?

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by Fratman
    You got banned in GW2 for saying something silly like that? Wow, I'm glad I didn't buy the game. I'd probably last about 5 mins before I was banned too.

Yeah, seriously.

You know this game wasn't made by an american company because there is no fucking way they could term your service after buying a product for making an innapropriate joke.

Now, if they were simply banning you from the forums, i could see that, still a bit draconian IMO, but still i could see it.  But actually banning your account?  I'm pretty sure you'd be able to bring a lawsuit against them if you had wanted.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• ictownictown Member Posts: 123
    Show us the pic or it didn't happen. i can't really take some of these threads seriously
  • NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

Yeah, seriously.

You know this game wasn't made by an american company because there is no fucking way they could term your service after buying a product for making an innapropriate joke.

Now, if they were simply banning you from the forums, i could see that, still a bit draconian IMO, but still i could see it.  But actually banning your account?  I'm pretty sure you'd be able to bring a lawsuit against them if you had wanted.

More....

/facepalms

Bite Me

• clbembryclbembry Member Posts: 94
    I wasn't trying to be funny. Sometimes I say things and then afterwards I question why I said them.
  • lightbladelightblade Member Posts: 219
    This is more about you are spewing M rated stuff in a teen rated game.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Your timing couldnt have been worse, its the first day the games online, and the GM's are watching the game and community like hawks.

This is a lesson to all.

Originally posted by Nikkita

Yeah, seriously.

More....

/facepalms

Probably the only reason they would be able to get away with it is because it is not a sub based game.  If it were a sub based game then the us govt would define that as you paying for a service.  Now, a company has the right to deny service based on basically any reason they want, but they have to refund your money unless they provide that service.  So, facepalm all you want, but there was *some* validity to my statement.

now, would anyone actually try to bring a lawsuit over a $60 game? no, if they did they'd be an idiot, or just someone with too much money and too much time on their hands.  But the legal precedent would exist.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415

Don't take this the wrong way.  But I'm glad you got a temp ban.

Not that I find what you said offensive, but it is good to know they are taking a firm hand in enforcing their policies instead of being wishy washy like some other games where just about anything goes.

The community on my server is freaking amazing.  Everyone, and I mean literally everyone, is friendly and courteous.  It is nice to know that a few bad apples won't spoil it because they won't get away with it.

• clbembryclbembry Member Posts: 94
    I'm not a bad apple. Just an apple.
  • JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140

LMAO really, if your that stupid to say shit like that then yes you deserve it.  I dont feel sorry for idiots that does that crap.

I mean your probably not a bad person but im just talking overall general that is just stupid.  

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Im sry to say this but i hope its a perma ban.

No1 wants players in their game that behave like this, you are part of those who ruin game communies.

Props to them for banning you and moderating their chat.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

ArenaNet is in Bellevue, Washington.

http://www.arena.net/aboutus/

• HEKKRAHEKKRA Member UncommonPosts: 80
    I laughed.
    Originally posted by Quizzical

ArenaNet is in Bellevue, Washington.

http://www.arena.net/aboutus/

ArenaNet is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Korea-based NCsoft Corporation.

Might want to actually read the text you're linking to.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• GhernGhern Member UncommonPosts: 134

Yeah, seriously.

Are you serious?

You know that box you checked when you agreed to the terms of service and probably did not read?  (few do read it)

It will be in there. Lawsuit? Good grief, I think my IQ dropped  a little just reading that comment.

This discussion has been closed.