Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thats why...

KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

...WoW will always live and rule among all mmo's. Every new mmo attempt is a failure in the end (or at very start), despite the hype etc.

Once more i have spend money for nothing. After Warhammer / Rift / SWTOR its GW2 this time. At least this one has no sub. Its something...

Back to basics, back to Mists of Pandaria...

See you all there as usual, once more...

Comments

• some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    /facepalm
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Come on Blizzard, give that guy his paycheck now... ;-)
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360
    drama queen.  you gonna slit your wrists next?
  • KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I guess you weren't around when WoW first started back in November 2004. Many Many server issues also. Give them time, will get fixed eventually.
  • Justin9820Justin9820 Member Posts: 49
    Are you kidding? the game doesn't even technically release till the 28th, and since people cant play how the fuck has the game already failed?
  • daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400
    your sir are a numpty

• TomsthumbTomsthumb Member Posts: 3
    ..... and I guess that's why they call it the blues. - Elton John
  • deamiandeamian Member UncommonPosts: 66

This mornings adjustments Arenanet are making both make guild wars better technically, and by getting rid of the kids who cry when their text doesn't go through immediately.

win...win

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by papardelios

...WoW will always live and rule among all mmo's. Every new mmo attempt is a failure in the end (or at very start), despite the hype etc.

Once more i have spend money for nothing. After Warhammer / Rift / SWTOR its GW2 this time. At least this one has no sub. Its something...

hahaha... I guess you weren't there when WOW launched... It was a disaster for, what, 2 months?! It took them alot to fix the login queues and the server crashes, not to mention the lag was terrible... so yeah...

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• chbautistchbautist Member Posts: 50

GW2's launch issues won't make WoW any less boring.

• MangaMaidenMangaMaiden Member Posts: 180

As others have said... How long was WoW down before they got it sorted?

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    The problem is, you can not compare a game launching today to WoW launches forever ago. People compare WoW NOW, with the games launching today. 
  • BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111

Why drag Rift into this, I tend to remember Rifts launch as being very very smooth, regardless of what you may think of the game it can at least boast that. As for WOW ....God i wish it would just die, i really, really do, I don't know why, i just do.

And GW2 needs to get it together I barely had a chance to play! Can't wait to test my Engineer

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241

Fact: My WoW server that I and my guild chose (a good 50 players or so) at launch, was down for 2 weeks, TWO WEEKS, after about a week into the game.  WoW had just as many problems as MMOs have at launch.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

And i started to ask myself when these kind of thread will appear...

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by korent1991

hahaha... I guess you weren't there when WOW launched... It was a disaster for, what, 2 months?! It took them alot to fix the login queues and the server crashes, not to mention the lag was terrible... so yeah...

i was there but this is 2012, not 2004. It should be a far more better launch

• JorgeElGuapoJorgeElGuapo Member Posts: 41
    oh well, dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by Beastn

Why drag Rift into this, I tend to remember Rifts launch as being very very smooth, regardless of what you may think of the game it can at least boast that. As for WOW ....God i wish it would just die, i really, really do, I don't know why, i just do.

And GW2 needs to get it together I barely had a chance to play! Can't wait to test my Engineer

Thats true

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

I cant go back, last time when I played WoW and my eyes started to bleed my doctor told me that next time I will go blind permanently :(

• tomfabiotomfabio Member UncommonPosts: 25

Let me get this straight.. You are basing the entire success of the game off the first ~8 hours and because it didn't live up to your standards, it's crap? The game mechanics, philosophy, gameplay, everything means nothing because, oh good grief, their was a mishap at launch? For god sakes, the initial server instability has absolutely nothing to do with the hype and quality of this game.

Please, PLEASE go back to WoW.

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

Yup, as usual (5 years ago and never again) I am logging on right behind you..no really I am, you go ahead, be right there...

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Um... why?

Do you think theyre still using the same technology as they did in 2004 and so its operation has been perfected? Its new hardware, new coding, new everything. Even Blizzard couldnt keep Diablo 3 running properly at the start when they already had battlenet in operation for over a decade.

• CyflymCyflym Member Posts: 30

That statement is based on what rule?

If that was anything like a rule why are there still deadly car accidents?

Cars were invented over 100 years ago. How can they still screw up like that and not make them safe or still have production errors requiring recalls?

Why are there server fails? ISP or Power outages? etc .

Humans walk for how many thousand years on 2 legs already? Why are there still cases where people stumble?

World full of fails....so sad...

PS: I didn't purchase GW2 so no raging/defending fanboy

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by Varking
    The problem is, you can not compare a game launching today to WoW launches forever ago. People compare WoW NOW, with the games launching today. 

This makes no sense what so ever. An MMO launches once in it's life cycle, it only has ONE launch day. In order to compare the launch of GW2 to the launch of WoW, you have to look at the day in 2004 when WoW launched.

This is called LOGIC for those that don't understand.

Todays events are no worse that WoW's launch. It remains to be seen if they are better. Day's not over yet.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Kyarra
    I guess you weren't around when WoW first started back in November 2004. Many Many server issues also. Give them time, will get fixed eventually.

Good to remember the 04's when there was 2-3 MMOs that were big enough. 

This is 2012, this is the game that was claimed the MMO Messiah... no excuse for this failed launch. :/

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation