Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ARENANET: Offical answer when best guess servers will be up?

CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378

I know you guys are working your bums off trying to sort it but throw us a bone and give 'us' a good guess, 30 mins, 2 hours just so I can sort some other crap out before playing again.  Currently I am watching Steptoe and Sons re-runs while drinking vodka (3pm ish here in the UK). (sanford and son when re-made in the US)

I am only asking here as there is no where else really. 

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

Comments

• VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Pssst...this isn't the GW2 forums, they can't hear you.
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Tweeting them is the best bet. Yeah I know, I know screw twitter.
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Their entire network is down so its gonna take a while.
  • MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    When it's ready! Oh wait a minute...

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

soon

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Volenibblets
    Pssst...this isn't the GW2 forums, they can't hear you.

LoL.. Man I just don't know sometimes.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

Meanwhile at Anet's headquarters the server manager is working hard at fixing the current issues, here's a picture.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176
    Why would you or anyone think to come here and post a question to Anet or any company during an issue? I am sure the Anet devs and team are thinking "Oh my god, our ENTIRE network is down, we better hop on over to MMORPG.com and answer questions". Yup, bet that was top of mind this AM.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267
    Originally posted by Gorilla
    Tweeting them is the best bet. Yeah I know, I know screw twitter.

Tried 2 hours ago. No response.

At least an ETA could be nice.

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226

How am i suposed to time my naps and Caffien IV's damn you NCSOFT?

Originally posted by xposeidon
    Meanwhile at Anet's headquarters the server manager is working hard at fixing the current issues, here's a picture.

I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• joerockshahajoerockshaha Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Well while the game is down ill be going out and about and explore the world outside of my room :)

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    Originally posted by azmundai

Originally posted by xposeidon

loooooool xD

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378

I know I am replying to my own thread here but as there is no reply from Anet or on their Twitter account, they obviously don't have a f'ing clue.

/sadface

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    What  a shame got on this morning arounf 9am for an hour after a few login issues, had to go out to do some stuff so I had the rest of the weekend free and GW servers are down when I come back. =(

this is obviously just a marketing scheme to get people to sign up for twitter.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Judging by what I've been seeing:

Connection issues.  Engineer A, well if we patch this here, this'll fix our issues.  Take everything down for about 30 minutes and it'll be fixed.  Manager says do it.  30 minutes into the patch Engineer A says, opps.  But whatever they did is not immediately undo-able. 

It makes sense with what we saw.  Not everyone was kicked at 7am at the same time but by 730 pretty much everyone was off.

Twitter is useless right now.  These guys are locked up so tight they could give the NSA a run for their money.  Even if an ETR is wrong, it'd atleast tell us they have a guess to the cause.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

How can they say an ETA ?

If their working on a issue, they dont know how long it can take ? 1 hour ? 8 hours ?
    if they say ok guys we know the issue and maybe we can fix it within 1 hour, you come crying within 1 hour again ?

When they tested the servers themselves and dont see any issues then we get a messesege.
    Now go do something else in the meantime :P
    It can take a very very long time before things like this are fixed.

• monster8memonster8me Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by bluefunk

I know you guys are working your bums off trying to sort it but throw us a bone and give 'us' a good guess, 30 mins, 2 hours just so I can sort some other crap out before playing again.  Currently I am watching Steptoe and Sons re-runs while drinking vodka (3pm ish here in the UK). (sanford and son when re-made in the US)

I am only asking here as there is no where else really. 

kinda off topic but i love sanford and son brings back memories of me and my father watching it together =]

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

I think Arena.net have to call THIS guy for help ;p

• At present our server team are working on the underlying problems that are causing login issues, we thank you for your continued patience as we work to resolve this. ~AT

From facebook.

Protip: you can't really give an ETA on stuff like this.

a) find the problem

-how many problems?

-how big are they?

b)Fix the problem

-will a quick fix work for now?

-Will our current attempt to fix it work?

-will we, by fixing it, simply expose a further problem?

Too much uncertainty folks.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I went to sleep at about 4:30 est. When did severs go down?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Originally posted by ol1ver
    At present our server team are working on the underlying problems that are causing login issues, we thank you for your continued patience as we work to resolve this. ~AT From facebook. Protip: you can't really give an ETA on stuff like this.a) find the problem-how many problems?-how big are they?b)Fix the problem-will a quick fix work for now?-Will our current attempt to fix it work?-will we, by fixing it, simply expose a further problem? Too much uncertainty folks.

because stating : the current fix we are working on should take about an hour. we will update you if this changes ... is hard.

• Originally posted by azmundai

At present our server team are working on the underlying problems that are causing login issues, we thank you for your continued patience as we work to resolve this. ~AT

From facebook.

Protip: you can't really give an ETA on stuff like this.

a) find the problem

-how many problems?

-how big are they?

b)Fix the problem

-will a quick fix work for now?

-Will our current attempt to fix it work?

-will we, by fixing it, simply expose a further problem?

Too much uncertainty folks.

because stating : the current fix we are working on should take about an hour. we will update you if this changes ... is hard.

Coding a fix ain't like building a wall, you can't always count the bricks and see how much work is left to do.  And if they do give time estimates which they fail to meet it just makes them look even worse and further disappoints people.

Originally posted by azmundai   Originally posted by ol1ver At present our server team are working on the underlying problems that are causing login issues, we thank you for your continued patience as we work to resolve this. ~AT     From facebook.   Protip: you can't really give an ETA on stuff like this. a) find the problem -how many problems? -how big are they? b)Fix the problem -will a quick fix work for now? -Will our current attempt to fix it work? -will we, by fixing it, simply expose a further problem?   Too much uncertainty folks.
    Coding a fix ain't like building a wall, you can't always count the bricks and see how much work is left to do.  And if they do give time estimates which they fail to meet it just makes them look even worse and further disappoints people.

give me a break ..

ive been writing esitmates for artistic contracts for years. there is absolutely no way to know how long it is going to take to translate a client's vision into a product, but you do it anyway. it's called professionalism.