Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Second Post Awakening Patch

username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Hello Folks,

More patch notes for today.

Version 17.00.00.05

Reduce skill now works correctly.
Fixed issues with the yell command.
Fixed another mount loading crash.
Old jungle horses should now correctly convert.
Added a lost gate in Tindrem.
Knockdown for mounts has changed. You now need to be at least 80% of the mounts max speed and the mount must be in boost mode.
Fixed a couple of issues with strange characters crashing chat.
Fixed issues with skills not updating correctly in the UI unless you relog.
Book timer now correctly comes back on relog.
Fixed an issue with offhand weapons having a strange arch.
Fixed an issue where the armor of your horse wouldn't correctly be shown when you mounted it.
Dismounting a pet will no longer visually remove the armor of the pet.
Open Bags in the pet equipment window now works correctly.
AlwaysTarget should now correctly work
Help channel should now correctly work again.
Optimized skill update speed.
Reduced the "grey zone" area around the tindrem arena
Fixed a focus error when using the skillbook.
Locking and unlocking skills should now correctly work.

Thanks all! Especially to the Focus Group who are testing and not playing!

T     

Servers are full of people coming back.  I wish they would just go play Guildwars2.  I don't like farming mobs and have to compete with 2 or 3 other solo players farming my secret wisent spawn.  

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    i dont think every hotfix needs its own thread.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453
    indeed.
  • BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Especially when these "hotfixes" does nothing to improve the horrible perfomance issues. I've been crashing constantly since I made my trial account - even with settings/resoultion at absolute minimum I can't even log in 9 times out of 10. If I manage to log on I usually crash within 10 minutes.

Pathetic.

Originally posted by Biskop

Especially when these "hotfixes" does nothing to improve the horrible perfomance issues. I've been crashing constantly since I made my trial account - even with settings/resoultion at absolute minimum I can't even log in 9 times out of 10. If I manage to log on I usually crash within 10 minutes.

Pathetic.

havent crashed once yet. game runs fine for me with high fps

i5 2500

8gig ddr3

ssd 3 hard drive

ati 6850

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    Originally posted by Biskop

Pathetic.

havent crashed once yet.

I also have not crashed yet, which is somewhat surprising, in that I'm using the new 64-bit version with DX10 and on max settings.  I thought the new version of the client would have some issues, but so far, it's been flawless for me, and the game is very smooth and fast.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Must be on my end then... :P

I've got a pretty old system but I've always managed to run MO on medium settings in the past. And even with lowest possible settings I should at least be able to log in, albeit with low fps.

• realnasterealnaste Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by Biskop Especially when these "hotfixes" does nothing to improve the horrible perfomance issues. I've been crashing constantly since I made my trial account - even with settings/resoultion at absolute minimum I can't even log in 9 times out of 10. If I manage to log on I usually crash within 10 minutes. Pathetic.
     This does not sound like a performance issue at all, more like a compatibility problem.Did you try messing around with drivers and all the software jazz that is needed for MO to run correctly (don't remember now... .NET and phisix? maybe something else?)? Also changing the dx you are using.Also- I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a corrupt client.

You can never know with MO.

Originally posted by CroniteLore
    ooooh Biskop it's all dooom and glooom every time from you .

It all depends on the game, my friend. ; ) Give me some credit for at least attempting to give MO a shot again, will you?

I did write a mini-review of my first Awakening experience in another thread, and it's not all negative tbh. As a matter of fact I think Awakening could be a really good thing for MO, provided they manage to sort out all the technical issues. If only I could log on and try it out some more...

@ realnaste

Don't remember any of the special tweaking required to run MO, afaik I didn't do anything special last time I tried it, besides lowering the settings a bit.

• realnasterealnaste Member Posts: 98

I think it's a step forward as well, but I also think it might be a bit too little, too late, unless it really is somehow appreciated by all the people that didn't hear about it yet, and will after the marketing campaign SV is supposed to pull off later.Problem is, it's quite possible most people interested in sandboxes already know about MO and are fairly sure they don't want to come back.Shame this game didn't play like this on the day it was launched.Oh well. I'm left with waiting for EoC anyway. :P
    Still all the luck to SV I still like those guys for putting a better fight than most in this industry.

Originally posted by Onigod
    [mod edit]

maybe he just really likes the game?

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635
    Not a dev just like Indy MMO's and sandbox MMO's.  Enjoy your big budget guildwars 2, I'm sticking with sandbox MMO's.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

What an odd thread, the OP first tells us of the fixes made to improve MO

Then tells us to go play another game. 

I am going to assume some use of Irony was involved.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by username509
    Not a dev just like Indy MMO's and sandbox MMO's.  Enjoy your big budget guildwars 2, I'm sticking with sandbox MMO's.

MO is hardly a sandbox, its a box of broken dreams. Over 20000 of us bought into the idea, yet 500 are left.

if the current state of MO was open beta then MO would of had a bright future, but its been nearly 3 years and it still feels like a pre release.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by username509

MO is hardly a sandbox, its a box of broken dreams. Over 20000 of us bought into the idea, yet 500 are left.

If that...  population is already back to pre-awakening levels.  No one wants to log in.  I've tried for 3 days to get a GM to respond to my petitions and NOTHING.  3 days and each time I tried my petition was open for hours.

This game is done.