Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only the Headstart people

TyrokiTyroki Member UncommonPosts: 183

As the title states, this is not launch.

This is only the headstart. While it's horrible now, at least 'launch' will be smooth.

Obvious counter is "Most people likely prepurchased".

To this I say; True. However, it is still considered a headstart.

We did have 7 hours of decent game time until it went down.

I find it all a tad strange though, considering how many hit the beta test weekends, and am curious as to what happened.

MMO's played: Ragnarok Online (For years), WoW (for a few weeks only), Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Eve, Allods, Shattered Galaxy, 9 Dragons, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Star Trek Online (Got someone ELSE to pay for it), Champions Online (Someone else paid), Dofus, Dragonica, LOTRO, DDO and more... A LOT more. I've played good AND bad. The bad didn't last long. :P

Comments

• TyrokiTyroki Member UncommonPosts: 183

Optimisim on MMORPG.com

Scandals.

MMO's played: Ragnarok Online (For years), WoW (for a few weeks only), Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Eve, Allods, Shattered Galaxy, 9 Dragons, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Star Trek Online (Got someone ELSE to pay for it), Champions Online (Someone else paid), Dofus, Dragonica, LOTRO, DDO and more... A LOT more. I've played good AND bad. The bad didn't last long. :P

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

This goes like this:

It is only beta people ....

...ahem it is only a headstart ....

... umm well it is always like this at start ...

... omg! Leave Anet alone! image

• rt40rt40 Member UncommonPosts: 29

the thing i dont like is that i preorderd the game simply because you get a headstart.. so i have bought acces to this event, and now its not working? shouldnt i like get a refund or like a compensation or something?!?!

raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Its not the official launch but for people who preordered its the launch for them. This is the day they have been waiting on.
  • azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by n3v3rriv3r
    This goes like this:It is only beta people .......ahem it is only a headstart ....... umm well it is always like this at start ...... omg! Leave Anet alone!

pretty much this.

headstart is not beta. servers down for 4 hours is beta. so which is it? beta or launch? it cant be both. and it can't really be neither either.

see you here on the 28th OP.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• EunuchmakerEunuchmaker Member UncommonPosts: 204

This goes like this:

... WOW had the same problem ...

You missed that one.

• monster8memonster8me Member UncommonPosts: 27
    i got in last night for about an hour enough to make my character and get my name it was pretty laggy but i expected as much with as many logging on so i went to sleep with hope it would be a little less clogged but i wokeup to no connection to server but im not to worried as op said its just headstart im wiling to wait a little while this morning and see if they can get it up and running smooth  i have fath in anet and love the game so fingers crossed =)
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Seems that GW2 fanbois were right after all saying that GW2 will change everything. Before today head start was a bonus for pre-ordering and it was actually launch when everything should have been working (at least I thought so after being in Rift, SWTOR and TSW head start). Now it seems that head start is only a stress test image
    Originally posted by azmundai

This goes like this:

... omg! Leave Anet alone!

pretty much this.

headstart is not beta. servers down for 4 hours is beta. so which is it? beta or launch? it cant be both. and it can't really be neither either.

see you here on the 28th OP.

Hah. Don't get me wrong.

I still expect it.

But after an enjoyable 7 hours of trundling about as an Asura, I have a little bit of hope.

Just waiting for it to be crushed.

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182

Ok, i got stupid question here. If there SINGLE PERSON that expect this to go smooth ? With so much hype around GW2 I only wished that I could play the game for a while this morning (GMT +1 here) and I did.

I played most popular MMO out there and I'm still playing some of them. And I know one thing.

There was NOT EVEN ONE sucessful start of POPULAR MMO without a problems. Yeah, I quietly hoping that ArenaNet would show us a miracle but it didn't happen. Suck it up and wait. Nothing we can do about it. 

I just hope that in next days we will have no problem loggin in and play. I remember not so long ago TOR start. I couldn't enter my primary server for a week from the start. Always full. 

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

No1 does it in the 1st jump, not even the one.

Originally posted by Mothanos

No1 does it in the 1st jump, not even the one.

You sir have earned a cookie.

Well said.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Headstart is just a gimmick to generate early sales...so they have two launches.

It's really bad for the game not to be playable today and not much info coming out of ArenaNet.  We paid our honest bucks to play the game today, and we have been let down by the looks of it.

I was actually able to play for an hour or so early on, but since then the server issue hit.

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

This is probably the same exact thing I posted on SWTOR during its launch of its headstart.

People have short memories, SWTOR was titled the biggest failiure in launch when it begins its headstart. Not only were there tons of people yelling and screaming that during their streams they had to moderate what kind of questions was posted and answered.

It just proved that No MMO can be launched ( regardless of its launch or headstart ) can ever go without problems. If it takes ANet too long to fix then yes, the problem could be big, game breaking big. But if its fixed quickly and correctly, then we will know that ANet will fix any problems in the future with speed and efficiency, and that nothing is too game breaking for them to fix. 

Unfortunately I was one of the lucky few that was able to log in early this morning and created our characters and level without issues. I never encounter any lag or disconnect issues that many are stating that they did. 

Good luck, hopefully you will all enjoy the same game that I did !!

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by Eunuchmaker

This goes like this:

... WOW had the same problem ...

You missed that one.

So a game that launched almost 8 years ago and is publicly reviled is where you are setting the bar for Guild Wars 2 ?

Nice...     Then I think you and GW2 will be very happy together. 

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    Originally posted by Tyroki

As the title states, this is not launch.

This is only the headstart. While it's horrible now, at least 'launch' will be smooth.

Obvious counter is "Most people likely prepurchased".

To this I say; True. However, it is still considered a headstart.

We did have 7 hours of decent game time until it went down.

I find it all a tad strange though, considering how many hit the beta test weekends, and am curious as to what happened.

Let's not pretend this isn't launch just because the title is head start. The majority of the people buy the game early to play early. Head start is the NEW launch, it is no longer beta. head start does not give free passes to screw up. That said, it's a game ....I can wait, Ive been through pretty crappy launches in the past ...I'm used to it and it is generally expected somethingwill go wrong.