Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not just GW2 login servers down, all of ANet is borked

stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Take a look for yourself.....

support.guildwars2.com is borked

account.guildwars2.com is borked

GW2 login servers are borked

GW1 is borked

wiki.guildwars2.com is borked

Pretty much all of ANets web based infrastructure is offline at the moment. Someone needs to feed those hampsters.

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Comments

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    I'm patching right now... progress? I hope!
  • squidincsquidinc Member Posts: 25

because it's pretty much a dos attack, thousands of data requests

the game looks beautiful, looking forward to getting back in

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325
    We could try electroshock therapy. That often works wonders. *cackles*

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    No the patcher isn't working

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325
    Yep, their patch server also gave up just now.

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Maeby blizzard hired some hackers to fuck up ANet.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Blizzard hired the worlds best hackers money can buy and sabotaged pre acces, true story :(

• EquintinEquintin Member UncommonPosts: 137
    ok what does bork mean

• SoulairousSoulairous Member Posts: 3
    Yup, mine was patching too.  Only had 2 more files to dl and it stopped dead.  Actually thought there was relief in sight  lol
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by Equintin
    ok what does bork mean

borked is a corruption of broked which is a corruption of broken

basically it means broken

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

All those stress tests and they still crash... Ah well, another AAA MMO launch. They all seem to have the same starting problems.

In a sense I have no sympathy. Anet encouraged the hype. They can't handle the pop. As you sow so shall you reap. 

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

Lol just as someone has said, there is essentially a massive DDoS attack happening. You've got the game down, so people are going to other sources for information. They are looking at the GW2 sites. As hundreds of thousands of players access that at once, those end up going down. And because GW1 is tied to the same servers, that's going to be messed up. 

With NA starting to wake up, it's only going to get worse before it gets better. Think about this, most estimates point towards a million prepurchases. I do not know of any launch infrastructure that can handle the force of a million prepurchasers. The problem is that initial load. You can plan all you want, but essentially when you hit the switch for live, it just becomes a hope and pray. The most effective test of infrastructure for a game as anticipated as GW2 is launch itself. It's difficult to replicate launch type conditions, especially when you have a game as popular as GW2. Something will always go wrong, and the hardware most likely will fail.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

After tiring of the epic battle between me and the patcher in Login Wars 2.

I decided I'll go play Login Wars the original and go back to where it all started while I wait.

'Cannot connect.'

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-ix!

• MuridanMuridan Member Posts: 94

I've been trying to download the client since around 10pm PST 8/24/12 and I have exactly 0% of the game downloaded. 

I've been through launches and head starts for at least 10 MMO's now and this is the first time I can remember an entire network going poof. 

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Arskaaa
    Maeby blizzard hired some hackers to fuck up ANet.

Damn Blizz, I thought announcing a major patch for WoW was their answer for GW2 launch time, but noooo it seems it was just phase one image

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by Muridan

I've been trying to download the client since around 10pm PST 8/24/12 and I have exactly 0% of the game downloaded. 

I've been through launches and head starts for at least 10 MMO's now and this is the first time I can remember an entire network going poof. 

You left it a bit late to download the client - 2hrs before launch?? Most people download it as soon as they buy the game. Unless of course you didnt buy the game until 10pm PST, in which case you still left it a bit late.

I do sympathise though - its gonna take a while for you to download the 16GB or so of the client, even if the patch servers were working properly.

• SythionSythion Member Posts: 422

If we suddenly hear about key Blizzard employees dying in under mysterious and questionable circumstances we shall know 

THE SHADOW WAR HAS BEGUN!

• MadninMadnin Member Posts: 55
    Borked is relating to a certain Mr Bork, forget the first name, who Bush2 tried to get on the supreme court. His tonsils were examined by way of his anal cavity and it almost ruined him, henceforth known as being borked. Just sayin....

"It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth -- and listen to the song of that syren, till she transforms us into beasts. ... Are we disposed to be of the number of those, who having eyes, see not, and having ears, hear not?" --Patrick Henry

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Hah now i cant even acces the log in screen on the launcher, i get that message "conection error detected, retrying" well i dont know if that its exactly what it says in english but that its the message, just before that i see the numbers on 1kb, then the message popups, i guess im not the only one, but i also see people that its not in that problem