Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paid extra for this early start

UrkoUrko Member Posts: 88

It aint about the time , its an extra £15 roughly i paid to play on the 25th and i cant.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/277-5729708-5340865?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=guild+wars+2&x=0&y=0

On the 28th in UK we can buy for £35 , to prepurchase its £50 on the link , the same price i paid on ANET site.

So on the 28th people can buy it for £35

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Urko
    It aint about the time , its an extra £15 roughly i paid to play on the 25th and i cant.

That's quite a lie you put up there, or some local reseller did rip you off. ArenaNet did sell GW2 both pre-purchase and regular edition for the same price.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Why is it extra?  I paid $60 for early start, same as the normal game.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

Things happen at launch.. Get over it

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• inzane3inzane3 Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Guildwars 2 The new  "Error 37". Congratulations....

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Look at the currency used please.  Just because it's the same price in some countries, doesn't mean it is in others.

The pre-purchase price was inflated in the EU.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by grapevine

Look at the currency used please.  Just because it's the same price in some countries, doesn't mean it is in others.

Then you paid the retailer extra, not Anet I guess. 

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    lol there is some amount of panic whining going on at the mo.  Patience and a bit of lunch perhaps?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• impiroimpiro Member Posts: 204

Nowhere did it specify that for an increased price people would gain acces to the game early. The moment you prepurchased from Anet, you simply bought the game in advance and as A BONUS you would gain headstart acces.

Retailers appearantly sell both versions seperately now, but this does not mean that Anet was ever SELLING HEADSTART ACCESS. You never paid for the headstart, you simply paid more for the same thing. Which is what happens when you buy a game early.

• KumateKumate Member Posts: 69

Good job at crying about something that isn't even true.  I mean seriously who cares, it is launch and stuff happens.  The game is amazing and that is all that matter. 

But as to your statement, you got the 3 day head start no matter what "pre purchase" you bought.  You payed an extra 20 dollars for the digital collectors edition that came with free items.  You will get those.  So you got what you payed for.

The game launched with over a million people online at once.  If you expected perfection, then you are going to be a sad panda.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

I can't play as well, but I'm not really worried. Pretty much the only MMO I played that had a relatively smooth start was Rift and even there people were outraged about server queues at first. (Trion added more servers pretty quicky and later they had to merge them - the usual stuff.)

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• KickinPups2KickinPups2 Member Posts: 48

All Im hearing is 

• UrkoUrko Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

Things happen at launch.. Get over it

You obviously didnt pay extra or your loaded

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

doesnt matter it is still the same price, no matter if you pre - purchase or buy on release day.  so claiming he paid extra for the 3 days is a lie or someone cheated him into thinking so, who know maybe he borrowed someone´s account for 3 days *shrug* ,  but with the short line he wrote, it looks like he claim everyone paid extra for the 3 day headstart

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by Reizla

That's quite a lie you put up there, or some local reseller did rip you off. ArenaNet did sell GW2 both pre-purchase and regular edition for the same price.

It is roughly 15 quid more for the digital pre purchase than it is for the standard boxed edition with 1 day headstart only.

Standard edition £34.97 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guild-Wars-Standard-Edition-DVD/dp/B007YZ5B0I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345897973&sr=8-1

You get exactly the same thing except for 15 quid more you get to play 3 days before everyone else instead of 1. 

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by inzane3
    Guildwars 2 The new  "Error 37". Congratulations....

Not exactly the same thing. D3 fans were angry because they knew they'd be able to play if Blizzard didn't make the game online-only.

GW2, like other MMOs, can't have single player mode. So downtime is regrettable but not nearly as irritating.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

As annoyed as I am whinning about it here will do no good. It will be fixed when it's fixed. 

That said i am a bit disappointed though. I had assumed all the stress tests would have anticipated something like this. Clearly they were testing the wrong things. 

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927
    Originally posted by Hedeon

doesnt matter it is still the same price, no matter if you pre - purchase or buy on release day.  so claiming he paid extra for the 3 days is a lie or someone cheated him into thinking so, who know maybe he borrowed someone´s account for 3 days *shrug* ,  but with the short line he wrote, it looks like he claim everyone paid extra for the 3 day headstart

Not true, the prices are different.  Just not through ANet.  The retail standard edition is cheaper.  Although not in the US, it would seem.

Some individuals need to learn their country isn't the center of the universe.

• Beoelf21Beoelf21 Member Posts: 91
    Oh well..its a free to play game. Most Betas were horrible laggy, the lauch was horrible laggy...i cant even log in anymore. im sure the game will be horribly laggy until ppl get sick of it and the community settles.

Originally posted by Coman

Then you paid the retailer extra, not Anet I guess. 

It was £49.99 pre purchase direct from ANET site here in England.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Raven

It is roughly 15 quid more for the digital pre purchase than it is for the standard boxed edition with 1 day headstart only.

Standard edition £34.97 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guild-Wars-Standard-Edition-DVD/dp/B007YZ5B0I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345897973&sr=8-1

You get exactly the same thing except for 15 quid more you get to play 3 days before everyone else instead of 1. 

Funny that you're NOT showing the rest of the page there. Right above this part there stands:

All Pre-Purchase editions include these exclusive bonuses:

Three days of Headstart Access
    Hero’s Band

Looks like you just picked the wrong box and now blame ArenaNet for it :D

Originally posted by Kumate

Good job at crying about something that isn't even true.  I mean seriously who cares, it is launch and stuff happens.  The game is amazing and that is all that matter. 

But as to your statement, you got the 3 day head start no matter what "pre purchase" you bought.  You payed an extra 20 dollars for the digital collectors edition that came with free items.  You will get those.  So you got what you payed for.

The game launched with over a million people online at once.  If you expected perfection, then you are going to be a sad panda.

The game is amazing ONLY if your one of the ones who can get in to play it , the rest of us its another overhyped affair

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/277-5729708-5340865?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=guild+wars+2&x=0&y=0

On the 28th in UK we can buy for £35 , to prepurchase its £50 on the link , the same price i paid on ANET site.

So on the 28th people can buy it for £35

Early access didn't cost a dime more.  That's a bunch of baloney right there.  You got early access for pre-purchasing, you didn't pay extra for it.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Funny that you're NOT showing the rest of the page there. Right above this part there stands:

Hero’s Band

What are you on about mate? I just said the digital edition deluxe or not have 3 day headstart, the amazon edition the standard edition does not have any HEADSTART and it costs 15 pounds less.

are you really gonna tell me that the hero's band is the reason to pay 15 quid more? Its obvious the only reason to pay 15 pounds is for the headstart nothing else.

Look at the amazon page "

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Game

Guild Wars 2 - Standard Edition
    Please note: Guild Wars 2 - Standard Edition does not come with Headstart Access or any pre-order incentives. This is the Standard Edition game only."

Reading comprehension? Zero!

• impiroimpiro Member Posts: 204

Thats amazon right there, not ANET. Funny thing is that amazon even sells it cheaper than Anet. Why? Because they can appearantly.

The thing is that Anet never put a price on the headstart, it was preseted as a bonus for people who prepurchased. The fact that other retailers do put a price on it is not Anet's fault.

Hero’s Band

Thats on ANET site , they got us to pay £15 EXTRA using the 3 day "bonus" as HYPE, on the 28th we can get it for £35