Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One thing GW2 has done to consistently raise the bar

Comments

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325
    Hmm well I've seen smoother launches than the GW2 head start... But I am still confident, that Anet will quickly fix whatever went wrong to cause these severe login issues, especially for Europeans.

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

Lotr had a great launch and even in beta was in a better shape than other games at launch.Warhammer had some queue problems but the launch was not that game main problem.

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    I suspect that the OP is eating crow right now as noone that I know can log in. I expected some issue but not this bad. Anet is not looking good here. They had to have know how many people pre-ordered the game so that had to have know about how many people would be on early launch. It looks as if they severely miscalcuated the percent of purchasers who would log in immediately or their network.  On the other hand, the fact that they still were doing stress tests THREE days before launch and STILL had issues makes me pessimistic that Anet will fix the issues before Aug 28.
  • tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by tordurbar
    I suspect that the OP is eating crow right now as noone that I know can log in. I expected some issue but not this bad. Anet is not looking good here. They had to have know how many people pre-ordered the game so that had to have know about how many people would be on early launch. It looks as if they severely miscalcuated the percent of purchasers who would log in immediately or their network.  On the other hand, the fact that they still were doing stress tests THREE days before launch and STILL had issues makes me pessimistic that Anet will fix the issues before Aug 28.

Sorry for the bad grammar. I woke up early to play and my tiny, aging brain is not fully functional this early in the morning :)

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Seriously?

1)  They brought the servers up 3 hrs early.

2)  We had 60+ people in our guild CONNECTED.  Of them, over the course of the 7 hours I was on, 2 had D/C problems until this recent event.

3)  With the exception of some wierd overflow server stuff, everything has been smooth as silk.

Judging from this site, there are tons of trolls and tons of people whining to whine.  I can't tell whom is whom now.  I don't doubt some people are having issues but this is FAR from a bad launch thus far.  I've had 7 hours uninterrupted on day 1.. that's by all accounts god-like for ANET.  And if they took this login server down now to fix the problem for everyone else (or even just to  ATTEMPT to repair it) then good for them for being so damned proactive.  Check out their twitter.  They are trying to respond as much as they can.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Seriously?

2)  We had 60+ people in our guild CONNECTED.  Of them, over the course of the 7 hours I was on, 2 had D/C problems until this recent event.

3)  With the exception of some wierd overflow server stuff, everything has been smooth as silk.

Judging from this site, there are tons of trolls and tons of people whining to whine.  I can't tell whom is whom now.  I don't doubt some people are having issues but this is FAR from a bad launch thus far.  I've had 7 hours uninterrupted on day 1.. that's by all accounts god-like for ANET.  And if they took this login server down now to fix the problem for everyone else (or even just to  ATTEMPT to repair it) then good for them for being so damned proactive.  Check out their twitter.  They are trying to respond as much as they can.

But Ikeda, it sthe internetz. You have to remember, anytime "I" have a problem, it means every single other person in the world is having that exact same problem because "I" am the center of the universe. Nevermind all the people that were actually playing all morning while these guys were trolling the forums. They dont exist. A small percentage of people havent been able to play, obviously only they count.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Seriously?

But Ikeda, it sthe internetz. You have to remember, anytime "I" have a problem, it means every single other person in the world is having that exact same problem because "I" am the center of the universe. Nevermind all the people that were actually playing all morning while these guys were trolling the forums. They dont exist. A small percentage of people havent been able to play, obviously only they count.

And the same goes for the ones like you buddy.

If you don't have those problems doesn't mean that others don't.

• NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790

Seriously?

And what if the company acknowledges the issue and make annoucement about it? that means that issues are not just limited to 'I'.

So before you accuse people of being trolls check official forums and Anet's announcement on Facebook and twitter regarding login issues.

Bite Me

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Seriously?

Relog and then come back and tell us there are no problems :)

Anet  have acknowledged there is an issue and that they are working on it. You stating otherwise does not make it true.

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

*sigh* Some here just really refuse to finally learn it. ArenaNet doesn't make mistakes! It so very obviously is much more likely that we all messed up our router settings at the very same time and therefore we can't log in.

Flawless launch!*cough*

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Worst launch for me personally, although everyone has had different experiences....Only launch I can remember of a game that has been worse was Diablo 2 (Couldn't believe a big company like that was sucking so bad).

I was playing a lot of different stuff at the time, and I never did get around to playing it, after it was basically doa.

Seriously?

You got that completely arse about face. Just because you are not having issues does not mean that a lot of other people aren't. I wonder how far the "I'm alright jack, screw you" attitude gets you in life?

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by Saydien

*sigh* Some here just really refuse to finally learn it. ArenaNet doesn't make mistakes! It so very obviously is much more likely that we all messed up our router settings at the very same time and therefore we can't log in.

Flawless launch!*cough*

That gave me a hearty laugh, thank you image

Originally posted by Saydien

Flawless launch!*cough*

*ding* lol!! funny post.

Bite Me

Originally posted by Nikkita

Seriously?

And what if the company acknowledges the issue and make annoucement about it? that means that issues are not just limited to 'I'.

So before you accuse people of being trolls check official forums and Anet's announcement on Facebook and twitter regarding login issues.

You seem to be confusing acknowledging that some are having issues, with assuming that because you have an issue, every single person is having that same issue. A lot of you like to claim that because you had an issue, EVERYONE has that issue, even though its been said again and again and again that people arent having those same issues and have been playing fine.

Reading comprehension skills do absolutely wonderful things for you on forums that require reading. As Ikeda himself said, he played 7 hours uninterrupted. I was also logged in since shortly after servers came up and had no issues, not even lag, until the recent login server errors.

• MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by Syno23

Smooth launches. Think about it.

SW:TOR we had the queue times and couldn't get in until all of our names were taken. That's no way to start a launch. In waves, yeah right. Most launches like Warhammer and Age of Conan were terrible. MMO launches are bad.

But GW2 has tested their servers weeks and days in advance in order to make sure that they will have the perfect launch. No crashes, no queue times, just log in and play with a good connection, that's all.

yeah smooth... image

create Sylvari Elementist ...CHECK! image

Body Type ...CHECK!image

face ...CHECK!  image

hair style...CHECK!image

Armour dyes... CHECK!image

create name... CHECK!image

All that stuff  takes me like half hour to make all my choices then go through "my story" cinematic ....CHECK!image

and then....image...and then........imageand then...........image

imageBLACK SCREEN OF DEATHimage

imageNO DAMN CHECKIE! image

Seriously?

You seem to be confusing acknowledging that some are having issues, with assuming that because you have an issue, every single person is having that same issue. A lot of you like to claim that because you had an issue, EVERYONE has that issue, even though its been said again and again and again that people arent having those same issues and have been playing fine.

Reading comprehension skills do absolutely wonderful things for you on forums that require reading. As Ikeda himself said, he played 7 hours uninterrupted. I was also logged in since shortly after servers came up and had no issues, not even lag, until the recent login server errors.

And from where did you get this idea that only 'some' are having these issues? let me guess because everyhting was fine with 'IKEDA'... *rolls eyes*

you got access to some internal data from Anet that we don't know about? no one even claimed that everyone is goign through same login issues. Care to show me? however you did accuse people for trolling only because they are going through problems that you never faced.

Right now it is your word against ANET who acknowledged the issue on Facebook and Twitter. Before official forums went kaput a large number of posts were complaining about similar issues.

Trust me you should be the last person to tell me or anyone about reading comprehension.

Bite Me

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

Originally posted by Nikkita Originally posted by kaiser3282 Originally posted by Ikeda Originally posted by tordurbar I suspect that the OP is eating crow right now as noone that I know can log in. I expected some issue but not this bad. Anet is not looking good here. They had to have know how many people pre-ordered the game so that had to have know about how many people would be on early launch. It looks as if they severely miscalcuated the percent of purchasers who would log in immediately or their network.  On the other hand, the fact that they still were doing stress tests THREE days before launch and STILL had issues makes me pessimistic that Anet will fix the issues before Aug 28.
    Seriously? 1)  They brought the servers up 3 hrs early. 2)  We had 60+ people in our guild CONNECTED.  Of them, over the course of the 7 hours I was on, 2 had D/C problems until this recent event. 3)  With the exception of some wierd overflow server stuff, everything has been smooth as silk. Judging from this site, there are tons of trolls and tons of people whining to whine.  I can't tell whom is whom now.  I don't doubt some people are having issues but this is FAR from a bad launch thus far.  I've had 7 hours uninterrupted on day 1.. that's by all accounts god-like for ANET.  And if they took this login server down now to fix the problem for everyone else (or even just to  ATTEMPT to repair it) then good for them for being so damned proactive.  Check out their twitter.  They are trying to respond as much as they can.
    And what if the company acknowledges the issue and make annoucement about it? that means that issues are not just limited to 'I'. So before you accuse people of being trolls check official forums and Anet's announcement on Facebook and twitter regarding login issues.

Instead of trying to defend that mess of a launch I suggest you go here to their twitter, scroll a bit up and down and read that stuff. I personally feel sorry for those guys. After reading some of those tweets about WvWvW being bugged, sPVP not working, people crashing and people being unable to log in at all there really remains to wonder what is working as intended at all.

Seriously?

And again you get it completely arse about face. See my previous post for why.

The 'recent login server issues' are what everyone is riled about. They are not 'recent' in the EU by the way.

Incidentally reading comprehension does not save your point from being completely and utterly logically fallacious. You are affirming the consequent not only that its a complete straw man argument anyway. The only person that suggested 'every one is having problems' was you in your rebuttal.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    This ain't smooth. I can't play. Judging from this site... lot's of folks can't play. 
  • ScribZScribZ Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    This ain't smooth. I can't play. Judging from this site... lot's of folks can't play. 

When I logged in about 5 hours ago there were only 4 servers that were not listed as full, only 4 I could even make my home server. I picked one and snatched my 5 names then logged out of the game. I tried logging back in moments later to play one of them and got the login server not up issue. It wouldn't surprise me if they manually turned down the login server to new players while they add more servers to the list, thereby keeping people out until they are ready for them. There may in fact be people playing right this moment who logged in while they had it up. Has anyone seen a login queue yet? If not I'm gonna bet on them taking the login server offline to control the wave.

• EunuchmakerEunuchmaker Member UncommonPosts: 204
    They're attemping to raise the bar much better than other MMO companies that tried for that perfect launch. But yeah, the post is a bit too early.

I'd say so, Syno, I'd say it was too early.

• ScribZScribZ Member Posts: 424

Smooth launches. Think about it.

SW:TOR we had the queue times and couldn't get in until all of our names were taken. That's no way to start a launch. In waves, yeah right. Most launches like Warhammer and Age of Conan were terrible. MMO launches are bad.

But GW2 has tested their servers weeks and days in advance in order to make sure that they will have the perfect launch. No crashes, no queue times, just log in and play with a good connection, that's all.

Funny thing hind site is huh. At this time on the GW2 launch, no crashes (can't tell, can't log in), no queue times (can't get past the login server to get into a queue if they had them), just log in and play with a good connection (those that did get in earlier to snag a server slot and make characters were met with tons of lag, some got disconnected it was so bad). Oh and last but not least, couldnt' get in until all of our names were gone (I got in 14 minutes after 0:00 PST headstart launch time, all but 4 servers were already full, and the one I did get on.....6 of my 10 desired names were already taken - and since your stuck with the server you pick BEFORE you can see if all your names are gone, you have NO choice but to take whats left or make new ones).

So to quote your OP....That's no way to start a launch....................

@Nikkita  - You must have missed, or chose to ignore (for extra troll) points exactly what i quoted you on in the other thread about the character select stuff. You were in that thread claiming "everyone on planet Earth" (your own words) was having those problems, when obviously they werent. So yes "some" were having those issues. Grats on being too dense to remember your own words once again.

Its funny you should talk about my reading comprehension when you apparently cant even read your own babbling, let alone the part where I said I was playing as well. Not just Ikeda. I also never accused anyone of trolling about the login errors that hit over an hour ago. I actually specifically pointed out that that was acknowledged by Anet in the other thread as well, but NOT the character select stuff you mentioned.

You seem to like somehow interpreting my words directed at some specific people (like yourself) who are trolling and claiming isolated cases of certain issues are impacting every player, as me saying anyone who says they have any problem is trolling. Some issues are widesread, some arent. You claiming every problem you as an individual have as known fact that EVERY player is having it, is nothing mor ethan ridiculous trolling.

*slow clap for the special kid* 

@Gorilla -  see the above as well as this thread: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5244316#5244316 which i was referring to with Nikkita. I never suggested anything about "everyone". Others, like Nikkita, have insisted that certain problems, like the one i quoted Nikkita on there, are impacting everyone. Many people have played for hours with no issue until the login servers went down, but even before the login server issues you had people like this claiming every issue they ran into was also being had by every other player, even though they have absolutely no clue and still insist on it in the face of those telling them they had none of the issues they mention. You should probably learn to not take broad generalizations  out of context and try to apply them to specific points, which i never mentioned in the 1st place, also. Did I come in here saying that the login issues that started between 1-2 hours ago arent happening to everyone? I was referring to OTHER issues that people have been posting since before that even happened. This includes the EU login problems. Some in EU can play, some cant. Even if EVERY EU player cant login, that is still only some players, not all players, as the world is bigger than just EU.