Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error - 42:0:9001:3927 - sigh

garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284

lets go folks....head start =  full launch

fix plz

:p 

Comments

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

head start is full launch, it's just a marketing trick by games companies to get people to buy early...so we have the trick of two launches ;-)

It is really bad to have players treated this way. All we can do is wait or play another game. I am playing SWTOR and Diablo 3 while we wait for Arena Net to sort their servers out.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

its like a biscut in a disco dance off.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Even MMORPG staff can't contain their bitching...

Craze....

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• LuciferIAmLuciferIAm Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by Illyssia

head start is full launch, it's just a marketing trick by games companies to get people to buy early...so we have the trick of two launches ;-)

It is really bad to have players treated this way. All we can do is wait or play another game. I am playing SWTOR and Diablo 3 while we wait for Arena Net to sort their servers out.

You're a funny one.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Tonight on Login Wars 2.

i know this is all complicated .. serious business & stuff .. login servers on release day that is ... but you'd think after 8-12 years of the same crap someone would have learned SOMETHING by now ...

I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Its not just the GW2 login servers that are down

account.guildwars2.com is borked

support.guildwars2.com is borked

GW1 is borked

Basically all of ANets web based infrastructure is.........borked. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284

Login Wars 2 

ROLFMAO

:p 
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by garrett

fix plz

Originally posted by Opapanax

Even MMORPG staff can't contain their bitching...

Craze....

...does this mean we can report Garrett for trolling..? :D

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I'm waiting and drooling to get in... I was in last night for about an hour but passed out cause it was 4am. 

I do know this, if it was any other gane, like TOR, it would be total failure... but folks around here are giving excuses like candy.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Haha.. the trolls are getting trolled by garrett. 
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by stragen001

GW1 is borked

Sounds alot like #error 37 all over again..

So where are the folks screaming fail.. fail.. fail..

Pretty much the exact same thing hit Blizzard on Diablo 3's launch.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

clearly this is what was meant by "all stick"

• TempramentalTempramental Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

Tonight on Login Wars 2.

Lol. But look at all the fun we're having with it.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Originally posted by garrett

fix plz

Had that issue at 11pm when logging in. It was reporting a firewall error. Never had any problems in the past logging into the betas but I uninstalled malware bytes and then it worked. Not sure if that was the real problem or not, but figured I would pass along the info.

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

This isn't intended as an excuse but I'm sure it will be taken as such, people always throw around the "it's been (insert years) you'd think they would have figured this out by now" all the time.  I'd like to point out that the number of players that hit the login servers on popular MMO releases (aka prelauch) today FAR exceed the numbers experienced years ago.  Yes, there are a FEW examples of companies who "successfully" launched without said issues but that brings me to my second point.  MMO's are fairly unique in the world of software and "trade secrets" are rarely shared, and in many cases aren't even allowed to be by law (contracts).  Whether or not any of this has to do with the current issue ANET is trying to deal with doesn't discount the dynamics for launching an MMO today is vastly different than it was in years past.

For the record I was also booted from the servers while creating a new toon and am less than happy about it but given the reasons I listed above I'm not about to NERD RAGE over it.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by stragen001

GW1 is borked

After tiring of the epic battle between me and the patcher in Login Wars 2.

I decided I'll go play Login Wars the original and go back to where it all started while I wait.

'Cannot connect.'

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-ix!

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Praetalus

I'm waiting and drooling to get in... I was in last night for about an hour but passed out cause it was 4am. 

I do know this, if it was any other gane, like TOR, it would be total failure... but folks around here are giving excuses like candy.

same here after i got my character names locked i played on my mesmer for abit i woke up logged out lol

• zxcvbnm1234zxcvbnm1234 Member Posts: 92
  • zxcvbnm1234zxcvbnm1234 Member Posts: 92
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

Tonight on Login Wars 2.

lmfao.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Worrying thing about it is I got an Email from ArenaNet  telling me to log into headstart an hour or two ago...no Email telling me what their server-side problems are though!
  • Chile267Chile267 Member UncommonPosts: 141

I wonder what number of people trying to get in game through the bottle neck would it take to have early-access issues with servers and the website?

A hell of a lot more people than any other recent game you can think of. SWTOR? By far! TSW? Oh, yes! D3? Probably. So what does that say? They had 100k people in? 2k? 5k? I think its a bit higher than that.

You may be pissed  but it hasn't been 24 hours yet. I was in game at launch for an hour and had 1 crash out. It was a bit laggy but that is to be EXPECTED. I got my characters and logged off.

This morning it wasn't up but 30 minutes later it was and I was in game with 0 issues. No lag, frame rates rocking. The only slight issue I have is a ever so often small quick clipping I didn't have before the beta drivers. I'm I callin fail? Hardly.

With a game of this caliber and quality, I can wait a fews days for them to fine tune the issues. Think of it. Several hours to a day or two or three of issues for 6 to 7 future years of an incrediable game experience. Yeah, I can wait through the small bugs and slightly annoying server issues.

• OrsonDiturnoOrsonDiturno Member Posts: 35

I looged in last night and grabbed the names I wanted with no problem. Even played for a little bit. But now I can't log in?

Garrett is right. Fix this plz.

• MouthMouth Member Posts: 113

Login Wars 2  ..

... that is just plain hilarious. Kudos AzurePrower!!!

(and i feel sad for the fanbois shouting into the wind "this is not launch", "TSW launch was worse" (lol)).

• MouthMouth Member Posts: 113

Chile - please understand, this game is not a pay-to-play, it is the poor mans MMO, and with that comes.. you know.. stuff like people not being able to log in, and limited content updates moving forward, less in-game support and such. Gonna go back to the big boys in TSW for now.