Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

European Disaster

1235»

Comments

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by Xten
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

It's "prime time" in Europe, while most of America is still sleeping...

I played for 6 hours without any major problems this morning (Europe). My guess is that ANet are victims of their popularity, just like WoW was 8 years ago.

At least, when the servers are up, you don't have to watch a login screen with a queue counter for 30+ minutes before you play. Overflow server for the win.

nope they have tech issues with the loggin server ever since they went live,has nothing to do with the amount of ppl.

(goes for the website aswell)

once your past the loggin yh sure its fine as long as you can stay on it. Just stop with the lol bs excuses ok.

Infrastructure issues is my bet.

• Boreth11Boreth11 Member UncommonPosts: 10

Could log in on my first attempt, but was kicked from the game after about 2 hours play because my password isn't valid , usual 1st day crap :)  

Boreth

• Ianb4allIanb4all Member UncommonPosts: 77

Been trying for 3 hours now- cant get in at all!

Can i get my money back since its only headstart?

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Ive been playing (on Far Shiverpeaks) for almost 7,5 hours (just returned from a shopping break, was online since 6am) without getting kicked. I relogged myself a few times because I created 4 characters, played them all through the intro and sorted some basic stuff on em like equipping crafting tools on all of them and getting crafting professions. 2 of them I played a little bit longer.

Not saying there's no issues, I got some of those login errors as well but the longest I had to retry was for 5 mins., there's a chat delay, the HoM is empty and trading post gives a lot of errors too. But nothing that affected me gameplay wise so I just wait patiently until those issues are resolved and meanwhile enjoy the game.

• XtenXten Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Gorilla
    Originally posted by Xten
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

It's "prime time" in Europe, while most of America is still sleeping...

I played for 6 hours without any major problems this morning (Europe). My guess is that ANet are victims of their popularity, just like WoW was 8 years ago.

At least, when the servers are up, you don't have to watch a login screen with a queue counter for 30+ minutes before you play. Overflow server for the win.

nope they have tech issues with the loggin server ever since they went live,has nothing to do with the amount of ppl.

(goes for the website aswell)

once your past the loggin yh sure its fine as long as you can stay on it. Just stop with the lol bs excuses ok.

Infrastructure issues is my bet.

yh most likely.

Im not pissed about all that really. These things happen at MMO's launches.Sometimes not, most of the time they do ,its fine by me really. It just all these bullshit clown fangrls that come out of the woodwork when you post about it pfff  :D

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

And this is just the headstart right? Was the same shit with TERA, they advertise their pre-orders as a "headstart" but in fact it is just a scam as the game will be barely playable due to so many people trying to log in.

Definition for head start:

Definitions:
    start: the advantage gained by beginning early (as in a race); "with an hour's start he will be hard to catch".

I think they forgot about the "start" bit.